Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

MORE bad news - WORK TERMIST 19" fitments discontinued!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 07:38 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
everyone wept, yet when I offered 19 and 20" applications during the GB, no one purchased any.
sigh~ your statement reconfirm my thought for a long time.

I recall majority of the members here before used to appreciate the quality that comes with high end products. Most of all, they are not shy to show their appreciation just like buying a Lexus veichle. Over the years, the price of wheels has gone down because of the price war and increasing competition (recall the recent bankcrptcy of Arrow Enterprise and SSR). However, for the quality wheels you are still expecting to pay your dues.

One of my friend who belong to other forums (lets keep the name of the forum out) used to say that the majority members of that forum are low ballers (maybe due to the inability to support themselve financially, yet want to impress their school mates) who want high end stuff but don't want to pay the price. His prior comment about Clublexus was: a much more classy crowd. Unfortunately his recent comments about the "quality" share the same view as I have felt for a while now. I think by viewing some of the thread post in the classified section will proof my point. I recalled when I post my wheels for sale before, I have a fellow member low balling me to a point I think its not only insulting to me but insulting to the wheels I want to sell. I understand in the free trade market, its a willing buyer willing seller situation. But with some of the offer I got for the wheels, I might as well donating them to people who appreciate them!

Derrick, do you know why I have referred people to you for wheels??? I used to advertise myself as an self-importer from Japan to get some exlusive wheels. Over the years, I have dealt with so many people and I have begun to realize some people just did not recognize or appreciate a deal when they see one. As of now, I am just doing it for people that are serious (mostly through referral of my prior client or people who knows me).

Anyways, I hope this respond did not offend anyone. I know everyone (including myself) want the absolutely best deal possible. I believe the vendors here in Clublexus has come through above and beyond (except for a bad apple-"duce"). I would like to give some of them my respect here.

Just for the record..... CL is still the best forum as to all the other forums I am the member or have visited.

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 05-18-05 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-18-05, 08:04 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Mark, its one of those things that only a dealer or reseller would understand (or maybe even someone that has been low-balled on a set of used wheels).

I also think there is a lack of knowlege about wheels by the general masses, that just simply do not know a iFORGED from a iPOD, which is actually one of the good things about Clublexus, it gives people a chance to learn what the different tiers of wheels are and the ins and outs of fitment, pricing, exclusivity, etc. I always tell people, that ignorance is not a bad word, it simply means you "do not know". We are all ignorant to something, and thats why we search for the information!

I try to do my best to educate people and give a fair and honest wants vs. means assesment. One of the first questions I ask a prospective customer that may not know alot about iFORGED or WORK or whatever, is what their intended budget is. If its 2500 wheels and tires then I simply and honestly let them know that its a little low for those brands, and then I do my best to find a suitable alternative, and proceed.

I have even had some customers that got a price quote, and came back 6 months later to purchase!! So it takes all forms, but this business (and any business that involves interpersonal relations) requires lots of patience and tact! We all have our trying days.

I dont think anyone here would get offended by your statements, your just "venting" a little amongst CL people (or at least thats how I interpret it).
Old 05-18-05, 09:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you guys earn big time respect from me regarding your passions on wheels. imho that's just getting worse now in general. i guess that's always the case. when things grow bigger and bigger you get more "dirt" floating around. that's very sad. i guess what we can do is just try to go out and do what we can to keep up the class. imho it's always an uphill fight, but that's all we can do.

people know me will know i will spend money on quality stuff, regardless of price. it's either do it right or not do it at all. but sometimes it's just sad that more and more competitions out there trying to lowball and that kicks out the good companies like zeuber and such... sigh