Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
View Poll Results: What finish for my I-forged?
Polish
25.58%
Chrome
11.63%
Brushed
53.49%
Other
9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide Finish for Forged Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-05, 10:52 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought i was set on polished when i was about to order. But made a last minute decision and went with Brushed. I dont regret my decision at all. Sporty yet classy.

Since you're worried about your chrome trims like front grill and the chrome trunk bar not matching, I say it'll match since the lips are polished.
Old 05-19-05, 11:07 AM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decisions! Decisions!

Im still a little torn between the two.

I highly agree about how brush shows off the "metal workings" of the wheels. And mikal made a great point about how the polish or chrome lips will still be able to compliment the chrome trimmings.

My decisions are narrowing, and starting to favor and I am almost set. Thanks for all of your advice it seriously helped me out a lot. Keep the thread going, all opinions are still welcome.
Old 05-19-05, 12:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ummm to be honest, if you want some bling bling, the brush won't be enough for you at all, it would be "dull" to you. that's why i said high polish. i am never a chrome person, never really like it. not to mention that it will make the wheels weaker, that defeat the point of having a "strong" wheel setup.

the thing with clear coat is yes you clean up easier, but yes youwill get swirl over time too. so that's your call. i don't get clear coat coz' i can polish it as much as i want and it gets really shiny, but at the same time i run the risk of not maintaining it and brake dust eats into it
Old 05-19-05, 03:14 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Im not looking for the bling bling look per se. I just want something that looks sporty and classy at the same time. I dont want it to be dull like a silver finish. Brush has a mild shine to it which is why I am considering it as well.
Old 05-19-05, 03:37 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 49IS300
Im not looking for the bling bling look per se. I just want something that looks sporty and classy at the same time. I dont want it to be dull like a silver finish. Brush has a mild shine to it which is why I am considering it as well.
Brush is definately a nice finish, no doubt about it, it will give you a nice shine. Bling Bling is a wheel that is all chrome lips and all with a crazy design , thats too much. Getting a chrome center with polished lips will break it up plus all i-forged styles are already classy so you can't go wrong. the labor into keeping polish wheels clean and shiny can't be compared to chrome. I just can't see spending big bucs to get silver wheels but Rom is right you will save a little weight by getting silver...as far as being strong i'm pretty sure you won't damage a chrome center wheel on any pot holes any more than any other wheel and i-forged is a strong company...Both will look really nice, what color is your car?

Last edited by bluelex; 05-19-05 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-19-05, 04:28 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

I hear what you're saying bluelex. Im not really concerned with the strength of the wheel because of the fact that you mentioned that iforged is a strong company, combined with the fact that im a very careful driver.

My car is white and a chrome wheel will obviously suit it nicely.

Basically its

White w/ Polish/Chrome

or

White w/ Brush
Old 05-19-05, 04:46 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i got you covered man, heres the same car in white with the same kit with the same wheels 20 inch maya's in brushed with polished lips and in full chrome with polished lips. you decide...its a hard one for me..good luck

brushed

chrome

Old 05-19-05, 04:52 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

You're the man bluelex.

You're right this is going to be hard. Back to square one. LOL.
Old 05-19-05, 08:54 PM
beauphus
Pole Position

maybe igts just me but it has alot also to do with the overall design of the whell as well as color and setup of the car...i have every seen all the finishes applied nicely and compliment the car perfectly and i have seen abuse of all the finishes and they make the car look tacky or plain...its like matching the shoes to an outfit...you cant make nike airs look good with a tux or loafers with a jump suit...

i personally am not a fan of brushed or silver mesh wheels but i do like them hi-polished or chrome...on the other hand i dont care for real flashy chrome on a full-faced wheel but i think it looks excellent brushed...it depends on the whole setup - all the finishes can look good...

and on a side note i have been seeing some black face polished lip wheels lately that have really been catching my eye (like manaray) and i swore i would never like that - but i must admit they are starting to grow on me...
Old 05-19-05, 11:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh man, i thought from your first post that you want bling bling @_@ if that's the case, maybe brush is what you want
Old 03-06-06, 07:17 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Brushed!

Old 03-06-06, 10:42 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what I would recomend.

Get Black wheel with Polished Lips. I think that would be the best combo.

That will give you Sporty yet Flashy look.
Old 05-07-06, 09:37 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

brushed with polished lip
Old 05-07-06, 09:13 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Brushed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Help me decide Finish for Forged Wheels-new-look-008.jpg  
Old 05-07-06, 09:18 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Brushed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Help me decide Finish for Forged Wheels-i-forged-wheels-003.jpg  

Quick Reply: Help me decide Finish for Forged Wheels