Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

*D2-AUTOSPORT PROJECT CELSIOR DEBUT*

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-05, 11:46 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Like it -A LOT- This suits my conservative tastes. GREAT JOB!
Old 06-21-05, 04:43 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Absolutely stunning!

Old 06-22-05, 09:17 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by DjFergi
that is just dead sexy!!

This makes me want to trade my GS in for an LS

-Fernando
D2 and kidcapp, you guys are not helping me fight this temptation at all.
My mind is going crazy right now, should I?... shouldn't I?... should I?...............

That is one beautiful LS and I do smell COTM too

*right click and save as*
Old 06-22-05, 11:14 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
D2 and kidcapp, you guys are not helping me fight this temptation at all.
My mind is going crazy right now, should I?... shouldn't I?... should I?...............

That is one beautiful LS and I do smell COTM too

*right click and save as*
We really put a lot of thought into the demographics of the customer for this car, ie cleaner aero, clean wheel design, ride comfort, etc.

I didn't mention it before but this car is running really crazy offsets (that's why I chuckled when someone mentioned them being conservative), yet there are no fender modifications, as the average 04 LS430 owner is not willing to go to the same extent with modding as a GS owner. (Rolling, shaving, cutting, etc)

I'm glad the ClubLexus community likes the car (pretty tough crowd around these parts! LOL)
Old 06-22-05, 12:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
We really put a lot of thought into the demographics of the customer for this car, ie cleaner aero, clean wheel design, ride comfort, etc.

I didn't mention it before but this car is running really crazy offsets (that's why I chuckled when someone mentioned them being conservative), yet there are no fender modifications, as the average 04 LS430 owner is not willing to go to the same extent with modding as a GS owner. (Rolling, shaving, cutting, etc)

I'm glad the ClubLexus community likes the car (pretty tough crowd around these parts! LOL)
derrick you misunderstood what i said about the wheel spec. i was not referring to the wheel spec on this car, i don't even know what it is. when i said that i was referring to the LS in generation, that it can't take low offset wheels to begin with and thus the limited lip action. for example when you compare to what the sc430 can do, the ls430 is just weak inherently.

plus, the way i see it is if you don't have to do any fender mod (which i recommend to everyone), then the offsets can't be really crazy. it's crazy when you have to shave fenders or even mod them to fit the wheels. the offset of these wheels could be as aggressive as it could be for a totally stock unmodded ls430, but i wouldn't say it's crazy.

i just have to clarify myself
Old 06-22-05, 01:18 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
i just have to clarify myself
gotcha Henry no prob man, my motto is "business never personal" so I never take personal or deep offense!!

Yeah I hear ya though on the fitment of these cars, just not like SC430 or yadda yadda, although the new iFORGED I could spec out a lip of over 4.5" on one of these!! I have found that with the right suspension / tires / camber adjustment you can do some crazy things on these cars (LS430) without fender mods. I wont post numbers, as it took alot of trial and error to get it right. but trust me this thing is running damn near "vipstylecars" type offsets LOL
Old 06-22-05, 01:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

gotcha Henry no prob man, my motto is "business never personal" so I never take personal or deep offense!!

Yeah I hear ya though on the fitment of these cars, just not like SC430 or yadda yadda, although the new iFORGED I could spec out a lip of over 4.5" on one of these!! I have found that with the right suspension / tires / camber adjustment you can do some crazy things on these cars (LS430) without fender mods. I wont post numbers, as it took alot of trial and error to get it right. but trust me this thing is running damn near "vipstylecars" type offsets LOL
cool derrick, you know me, i talk about everything.

you mean with the new iforged you can get 4.5 on the ls430? or sc430? i would be very surprised if it's ls430 finally after a month of study and study i got all the numbers on the sc430 squared out. the sc430 is a really fun car to work with. it's nothing like the gs430 or the ls430, tons of rooms to play with on the car for sure
Old 06-22-05, 02:01 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
cool derrick, you know me, i talk about everything.

you mean with the new iforged you can get 4.5 on the ls430? or sc430? i would be very surprised if it's ls430 finally after a month of study and study i got all the numbers on the sc430 squared out. the sc430 is a really fun car to work with. it's nothing like the gs430 or the ls430, tons of rooms to play with on the car for sure

yeah man, one of the best things about CL (as opposed to other forums), mature debate on automotive topics!

No 4.5" rear lip is not a problem on the new forging from iFORGED for the LS430, for the SC430 it would be more like 5.5". Trust me dude I say it all the time, there are a few cars I would like to buy just to get mega lips:

SC430
G35 coupe
BMW e39
Old 06-22-05, 02:16 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

good job on that LS, definttely looks PIMP
Old 06-22-05, 08:30 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drop dead sexy cars!! I heart Work Equip!
Old 06-23-05, 02:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah man, one of the best things about CL (as opposed to other forums), mature debate on automotive topics!

No 4.5" rear lip is not a problem on the new forging from iFORGED for the LS430, for the SC430 it would be more like 5.5". Trust me dude I say it all the time, there are a few cars I would like to buy just to get mega lips:

SC430
G35 coupe
BMW e39
interesting to know, i guess the new forging tech does allow the spokes to curve quite significantly huh. must be strong
Old 06-23-05, 09:48 PM
LexFather

That is one of the grandest LS 430s I have ever seen. Perfect, beautiful work
Old 06-23-05, 11:39 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

so what are the widths and offsets then
Old 06-23-05, 11:44 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
so what are the widths and offsets then
If I tell ya, I have to kill ya!!
Old 06-24-05, 12:41 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Thumbs up

Great stuff you've got there kidcapp and D2.

That has got to be one of the best looking Celsiors state side, maybe even world wide!

Quick Reply: *D2-AUTOSPORT PROJECT CELSIOR DEBUT*