Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Iforged troubles (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-05 | 08:57 PM
willcg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
so after the finisher found you wheel (that they lost), did iFORGED give you the choice of $150.00 for local repair and the damaged wheel back or wait for the new wheel to be finished?

That's the same post, just a different forum, FYI
After 11 months,....I want my wheel back of course. If iForged couldn't fix it themselves then they are incompetent. I gave them more than enough time. You should understand this. So I opted to have my wheel back. Wouldn't you? You're backing them because they make money for you. I'm just here to tell people my situation.
Old 06-22-05 | 09:08 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

well said dave, with a solid vendor with a good track record and many recently satisfied iforged customers, there is not a whole lot else CL could ask for, derrick has very good responses to his sales and customer service, its weird i usually get mad at someone that takes 3 or 4 thousand dollars from me but CL members thank him for taking there money, lol, jk,,,,,,,,,,,i know u guys are just happy with product and service and as well should be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for the CL member doubting iforged now and considering his purchase, DON'T, im sure derrick will guide you properly and other members will put your mind at ease,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there may be other circumstances to this story and like always people tell you their truth and not the truth
Old 06-22-05 | 09:12 PM
willcg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blueGS400
well said dave, with a solid vendor with a good track record and many recently satisfied iforged customers, there is not a whole lot else CL could ask for, derrick has very good responses to his sales and customer service, its weird i usually get mad at someone that takes 3 or 4 thousand dollars from me but CL members thank him for taking there money, lol, jk,,,,,,,,,,,i know u guys are just happy with product and service and as well should be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for the CL member doubting iforged now and considering his purchase, DON'T, im sure derrick will guide you properly and other members will put your mind at ease,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there may be other circumstances to this story and like always people tell you their truth and not the truth
My story is fact for fact. Vincent knows. He took advantage of my patience and deceived me by sending me back a wheel unfinished without telling me. D2 should definitely talk to vince about how he handles customers directly. If you guys are really happy with iForged then that is good, for you, but not for me. I'm just getting my message acrosss.
Old 06-22-05 | 09:16 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

getting your point across is one thing but creating accounts on different forums that you dont even have a car for is just rediculous, to be honest maybe you did or did not get jerked around but what i look at is the fact that you damaged your wheel, not iforged, you have not had a problem with fitment, finish, or quality, but you may have had a problem with service, or maybe not, you and vincent are the only people that know the whole truth, and if you let it go that long, then you should have talked to somebody above him, i know i wouldve been asking for his boss if it were me
Old 06-22-05 | 09:17 PM
LexFather

I mean, no offense but did u research the company before u bought the wheel? I like I-forged a lot but I do know if I buy them directly, if there is an issue, it will take quite sometime to fix. I know this by doing research on the company in the past. And as D-2 stated, unless u personally know someone, its always best to buy from an authorized vendor.

We have countless of happy owners here, my best friend couldn't be happier with his on his GS4. So as Dave stated, spamming forums to try to bring attention to the matter, when they HAVE REPLIED to your thread on G35.driver.com, well think about it...

They have REPLIED to you on your FIRST thread on YOUR forum. Think about that
Old 06-22-05 | 09:19 PM
willcg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blueGS400
getting your point across is one thing but creating accounts on different forums that you dont even have a car for is just rediculous, to be honest maybe you did or did not get jerked around but what i look at is the fact that you damaged your wheel, not iforged, you have not had a problem with fitment, finish, or quality, but you may have had a problem with service, or maybe not, you and vincent are the only people that know the whole truth, and if you let it go that long, then you should have talked to somebody above him, i know i wouldve been asking for his boss if it were me
He is one of the co-founders of iForged. So I'm guessing he was the boss.
Old 06-22-05 | 11:47 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by Mlo
For those who own Iforged wheels, what is your experience with the quality and customer service of Iforged? The reason I ask is because I was really considering getting some Iforged wheels but after reading this I'm unsure.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=111940
The wheels are awesome. I will admit that I had trouble contacting them by phone. Go thru D2-Autosport.
Old 06-22-05 | 11:56 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

I, for one, appreciate any feedback about a company I may deal with be it good OR bad. This isn't the only complaint about iforged that I've read (and yes, they are from different individuals). There is NO excuse for bad customer service. NONE. There may have been problems resolved in the past but obviously there are still people having problems in their dealings with iforged.

willcg, thanks for the heads-up. Since this isn't the first time I've read of problems with iforged's service I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Good luck with trying to get your wheel repaired.
Old 06-23-05 | 12:26 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SDLexus
I, for one, appreciate any feedback about a company I may deal with be it good OR bad. This isn't the only complaint about iforged that I've read (and yes, they are from different individuals). There is NO excuse for bad customer service. NONE. There may have been problems resolved in the past but obviously there are still people having problems in their dealings with iforged.

willcg, thanks for the heads-up. Since this isn't the first time I've read of problems with iforged's service I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Good luck with trying to get your wheel repaired.

Iforged wheels are great wheels. I love mine. But, i made the mistake of buying directly. If you do consider getting iforged wheels, get them from D2. I now wished I had ordered it from D2 instead.
Old 06-23-05 | 01:48 AM
vietnamese
Driver

what was the experience/difference between going directly and through a dealer. Was it longer wait time, bad service?
Old 06-23-05 | 01:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i saw the same thread over on acuraworld.com and was about to post it here. but i can see that it's all covered. imho, i really appreciate will giving out all the facts and only facts, even though it's across too many forums here on clublexus. that's not good, but his intention of letting people know, that's good.

this is pretty disappointing to say the least i guess. for once i thought iforged was improving, but including this incident together with couple other incidents that happen very close to me (and 100% trust worthy), i am pretty shocked at how things haven't changed much over time....

it is true though, that if he knew better, he should have ordered from a vendor insteading of directly through iforged, since they have pretty much proven horrible customer service. it might helped a bit

but i do have a question. with vendors (not only d2, but others as well), besides them being a bridge with iforged and maybe making the calls for you, what other difference can they make? if there are any problems with the wheels (defective, bend, etc...), they still have to send it back to iforged, and the vendors might still just go through all the phone calls that's about it (lost, delayed, sema, etc...).

don't get me wrong, i do want to know the difference, if any. when ordering wheels, i can see how vendors could make the difference by organizing all orders nicely so iforged can produce them faster and easier, thus meeting the eta where most people got. but what's after that? i am always curious about that, i am sure people would want to know how vendors could help too

it would be good if say d2 can comment on this, on the service (i bet it's a lot better since derrick is very responsive), the turn around time compare to iforged direct, money transaction, etc...

Last edited by rominl; 06-23-05 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-23-05 | 03:44 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
i saw the same thread over on acuraworld.com and was about to post it here. but i can see that it's all covered. imho, i really appreciate will giving out all the facts and only facts, even though it's across too many forums here on clublexus. that's not good, but his intention of letting people know, that's good.

this is pretty disappointing to say the least i guess. for once i thought iforged was improving, but including this incident together with couple other incidents that happen very close to me (and 100% trust worthy), i am pretty shocked at how things haven't changed much over time....

it is true though, that if he knew better, he should have ordered from a vendor insteading of directly through iforged, since they have pretty much proven horrible customer service. it might helped a bit

but i do have a question. with vendors (not only d2, but others as well), besides them being a bridge with iforged and maybe making the calls for you, what other difference can they make? if there are any problems with the wheels (defective, bend, etc...), they still have to send it back to iforged, and the vendors might still just go through all the phone calls that's about it (lost, delayed, sema, etc...).

don't get me wrong, i do want to know the difference, if any. when ordering wheels, i can see how vendors could make the difference by organizing all orders nicely so iforged can produce them faster and easier, thus meeting the eta where most people got. but what's after that? i am always curious about that, i am sure people would want to know how vendors could help too

it would be good if say d2 can comment on this, on the service (i bet it's a lot better since derrick is very responsive), the turn around time compare to iforged direct, money transaction, etc...

Dealers are more than just simple "middle-men" and iFORGED is a stellar example of why dealers are so important. Lets just use ClubLexus as an example, not even all other venues and sales generated, do a search and compile every question, regarding sizing, finish, 2pc vs 3pc etc etc and look at the manner in which they were addressed, answered, etc. Then go to another forum (where you find threads like this one), and the answer is evident of why a good dealer is important. Before D2, there was a iFORGED bash thread that went about 10-15pages before it was addressed and there has not been a incident since (Its been 9 months, I cant get anyone on the phone, ohmigod please help me, etc). Trust me, if manufacturers where well suited to supporting retail 100%, then dealers would not exist, because the manufacturer could make more money. In my humble opinion that is the greatest supporting proof source for dealers. The maker of the products know the value of a good public representation. Sure they can sell a product out the door, but that is where the relationship ends in a manufacturer / customer interaction, if there are any issues, etc then things get cloudier

Manufacturers are NOT retail outlets and they are not properly structured to do so, because they simply have diifferent primary focus (design, research and development, manufacture etc) than dealers (sales, follow up, PROBLEM RESOLUTION, etc etc). Trust me, making phone calls and placing orders is NOT the extent of what we have to do. That is the reason that a dealer network exists, I'm quite sure Toyota could make a whole lot more money selling cars directly to customers, but try emailing Toyota headquarters when your check engine light comes on, see how fast of a response you get. iFORGED used to sell directly and it is the one thing that has come back to bite them in my opinion, because when there is issue or story, in many cases it goes back to one person, and in my honest opinion thats not a fair assesment of a company because its an emotional one. People get mad at a person(for whatever the reason) and bash the COMPANY rather than bash that person and thats not fair. A person that works at a company, is not the sole determining factor in fairly assesing that company a whole. I'm quite sure everyone has gone to McDonalds and gotten bad service once, you may not go to THAT McDonalds again, but I'm quite sure you experience a Big Mac again!

If you had any idea the amont of calls I field behind the scenes, (even people that purchased from OTHER DEALERS), then maybe you would have a better understanding of exactly what dealers have to deal with. People that need valvestems, or replacement parts or other issues, but they call the manufacturer and can't get a response in a quick enough time. As I said before manufacturers have a different primary focus, so when replacement valve stems, centercaps, rash fixing, etc they simply have no structure in place to properly address the communication to support these things.

As far is issues go, if a product is mass produced there WILL be a margin of error, it happens with every wheel company on the planet. I personally know people with cracked/ peeling/ fitment issues on HRE / BBS / Kinesis / Fiske, etc. The difference is the manner in which these problems are handled and thats what separates even dealers from other dealers. Yes we have to deal with the same factors with manufacturers (sema, finisher problems, etc) but who do you think has a better chance of getting a problem resolved, a dealer thats in communication with the manufacturer on a daily basis, or a person that can't get a return email?

Dell is a great example of a manufacturer that sells directly, but they have a entire support system dedicated to customer service, not a graphics designer answering calls and sending printer driver CD's!! If there is a dealer network, there's a good reason for that, I'd advise people to use it (just choose a good dealer).

I hope this answers your question, and the questions that any other ClubLexus patrons may have! If not, then as always I'm here.

-Derrick

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 06-23-05 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-23-05 | 06:27 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Wow so many people with so many different opionions which is good but are the facts really facts.
Let's just think about how many sets of wheels iFORGED sells. Now let's compare this to the amountof problems they have. Ok now that you have the idea, this guy will who has never ever posted here makes up the fact that he has mutiple cars and spams all types of forums and we are supposed to take his word for it??? Come ahn I am not buying it. He may of had a problem yes but that is one instance in how many sales of iforged wheels? You get my point.
Hell I install DEI remote starts sometimes and they don't work right outta the box so there will be problems but from what I can see Iforged does not have many.
Old 06-23-05 | 06:57 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

I dont really see anything wrong with posting his story on multiple forums, I mean the whole point is to let as many people know as possible. I also dont think I would consider a single post on different forums spamming. The guy was dealt with shabbily and is gettig the word out, I would want to do the same if some vendor screwed me over like that. He simply put out the facts as he sees them, he isnt being argumentative or stirring up mess. If a manufacturer screws a customer they have to be prepared to deal with the heat.

D2 made some really good points in his post but I have to say that one person is the company. Every person that works for a company is a representative of that company. If that person does something wrong in the course of buisness and the higer ups dont make it right then the company is responsible and accountable. If any company is not able to effectively and efficiently conduct a retail sales operation then they shouldnt do it at all. They should sell only through resellers.

I also dont see why some of us are so reluctant to believe the guy, especially given Iforged's past record. I know that we havent had any problems here in some time with IForged but then again we have D2 which I am sure has saved us from a myriad of issues that we dont even know about.

If nothing else this guys experience will serve to let people know how important choosing the right reseller is.

Morris
Satisfied Iforged / D2 customer
Old 06-23-05 | 07:30 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by willcg
After 11 months,....I want my wheel back of course. If iForged couldn't fix it themselves then they are incompetent. I gave them more than enough time. You should understand this. So I opted to have my wheel back. Wouldn't you? You're backing them because they make money for you. I'm just here to tell people my situation.
ok, in the original story you wrote that they tricked you and sent you the wheel back unfixed unknowingly to you.

now you write that you asked for it back after they took too long to not fix it. so you knew when it was coming back that it wasn't fixed...

2nd i don't see anything wrong with with you going on forums to write what happen to you but i do see a problem with you spamming forums your not a part of. if you are a normal member of 6 forums than write on those about what happen don't go to 6 more different forums and lie about what car you have and spam what happen, you have No word here since we don't know you. so who are we to believe?

Quick Reply: Iforged troubles (merged threads)