Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Okay, be honest, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05 | 11:06 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I don't like them.

Best wheels of the group are those BR5 looking wheels. Always been one of my favorite designs for it's simplicity and classiness.
Old 08-05-05 | 11:10 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

visiting the photoshop forum to see if you can get anybody to PS the wheels onto your car helps too. may not help you too much now but for future reference at least.
Old 08-05-05 | 11:14 AM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

I like those wheels. Just drop that thing.
Old 08-05-05 | 11:53 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Default welcome to az.

There's a shop that i trust my car to on Bell Road, just east of Cave Creek.

It's on the north side and their number is 602-788-7070.

They're so honest, I went in to have my brake pads swapped and they looked at them and told me i didn't need them to be swapped for another few thousand miles. Great guys.

Tell them that Clifford at GoDaddy.com sent you and they'll love you forever.

Welcome to AZ. From the looks of the background in your photo, you may be near Bell and Cave Creek already huh?

BTW - the shop name is - northeast automotive.

Originally Posted by kendre
GS408, thanks a lot. That helps. Now cross your fingers for me and hope that I can convince this guy to change out my wheels. I think there is a policy that once the wheels are installed you can't return them. Hopefully since I'm "exchanging" them they'll help me out. Ugh, what a nightmare. Shoulda checked with you guys WAY before this whole thing happened.

-Kendra

Last edited by cliffud; 08-05-05 at 12:09 PM. Reason: shop name.
Old 08-05-05 | 11:54 AM
LexFather

I don't know. I tried to choose the right wheel for my car, and I'm just not sure this is it. They looked incredible when they were up against the car. Now that they're on, I'm not so sure. What do you think? Is there something missing? Maybe I'm just freaking out over nothing.

Let me know, here's the link:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...=56427&cat=501

-Kendra
Don't forget to order your Clublexus stickers!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133666
Old 08-05-05 | 11:58 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Yeah those rims.... well... um to be honest should be on a SUV.......

And 1SICKLEX where are my sticker, I ordered them weeks ago
Old 08-05-05 | 12:57 PM
kendre
Rookie

Default Cliffud and chicagoblknazn

Thanks Clifford. Actually, I live out in Mesa near Red Mountain, but I don't mind driving out there. I will give them a call as soon as I get this wheel situation worked out. Which ones do you like better?

And Chicagoblknazn, which wheels are the BR5? The 5 spoke, or the others? Not familiar with BR5.

-Kendra
Old 08-05-05 | 01:14 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

And Chicagoblknazn, which wheels are the BR5? The 5 spoke, or the others? Not familiar with BR5.

-Kendra
They are the wheels on the Burnished Gold Lexus in that pic in the driveway.
Old 08-05-05 | 01:18 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

these are definately the nicest of your choices. I actually like them.sorry but the ones on car are not so great looking to me.

are they gonna let you swap them out? do they have the 5stars in stock? good luck.
Old 08-05-05 | 01:33 PM
kendre
Rookie

Yeah they have them in stock, and no I'm not offended that you don't like the wheels on the car, I HATE them. I thought I would try for something unique, but they just look ghetto. I wasn't sure if I was just having buyer's remorse or not, but it turns out I'm not crazy. I just talked to the guy and he is going to let me switch them out. I'll have to pay for labor, etc, but at this point, I dont' care, I just want those wheels OFF my car. I would even prefer my old stock chromes to these things.

I might still end up with a little money left over as the five spokes and the BR5 looking wheels are both a little less than the current wheels. I do like the classy look of the BR5 wannabes, but again I'm a little afraid now that anything I put on the car will suck.

-Kendra
Old 08-05-05 | 03:12 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

I really like the 5 spokes the best of the ones you posted. the ones you have now on the car are ok but either of the other 2 would look better imo. but the 5 spokes are pretty sharp and definately lower the car when you have a chance, you'll thank us after you step back, look, and say "wow, they were right" good luck to you.....
Old 08-05-05 | 03:41 PM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

Default Rims

Kendre,
I think the 5 spoke would look better. The ones you got look ghetto imho. Change them out. I hate having to go to the wheel shop, but you want to pay for something u like.

Jump on that deal for the shocks and springs. I bought them and labor cost me about 200 for it so total with shocks and springs came out to be about 600. I don't know how much others here have paid.

Have fun modding girl.

Johnny

Last edited by Agent$mith; 08-05-05 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-05-05 | 03:53 PM
kendre
Rookie

Default Feel much better

Thanks you guys. You are all right! I'm going with the 5 spokes. They are not machined though, the finish is chrome. I've always loved the look of bluelex's car. The wheels will be fairly close to his. I searched long and hard for a blue lexus! Couldn't get one. I'll post new pics. Then I'll post more pics after I lower it. I also ordered some clear side markers too.

All I've done to the car since I got it about a year and a half ago was tint the windows and the DIY chrome grill. This wheel adventure has been highly anticipated for me. I guess we learn from our mistakes . . . thank god for this website.

-Kendre
1999 GS400
Old 08-05-05 | 03:56 PM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

Default Rims

Kendre,
Mine are sort of like the 5 spoke you like.

Mine

It's also dropped.

Good luck. We all here like to help each other out.
Old 08-05-05 | 05:56 PM
kendre
Rookie

Default Agent$mith

Thanks for the pics. How much did you drop your car? I have no idea how low to go, I just know I don't want to go too low. I don't want my wheels to rub either. Just want it to look good. Do your tires rub at all, or are you good?

Thanks,

Kendra

Quick Reply: Okay, be honest, what do you think?