Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

clear rims who makes these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 12:10 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by dmoney
I am the inventor of this increddible new patented wheel design.
original plans involved keeping this secret untill SEMA 06. but pictures have leaked out
I am just discovering these pictures online to my suprise today.
To answer some questions, they are streetable, and far stronger than needed, to the point of overkill. I have driven at night some 1000 miles, and they drive great.
look for this product sometime in early 2007 from a large wheel manufacturer.

Hmmmmmmmm....?

More "specific" details are in order:

Materials?
Bolt Pattern?
Offsets?

And how bout'... Company name and location?
Old 12-08-05, 12:36 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If it's a Lexan material, I'd say they are not practical for street use. You''d have to make them incredibly thick to have any stiffness- not to mention that Lexan & Plexi are not good in fatigue situations such as this. I'm not sure which scares me more- the radial or cornering loads.

I can see the future.... there are lawsuits involved....

Cool for show, though.
Old 12-08-05, 12:42 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down

If u want to show off ur brakes, just get a set of mesh wheels or thin spoke wheels.
This see through wheel is just like putting monitors in the center of ur wheels, or putting diamonds on the wheels...........pointless
Old 12-08-05, 02:32 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
If it's a Lexan material, I'd say they are not practical for street use. You''d have to make them incredibly thick to have any stiffness- not to mention that Lexan & Plexi are not good in fatigue situations such as this. I'm not sure which scares me more- the radial or cornering loads.

Cool for show, though.
Not true..lexan is used as so called "bulletproof" glass...

except i don't know how they would hold up doing 100 on a sharp curve....

Last edited by GSoup; 12-08-05 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-08-05, 02:42 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 285 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by ATSOU
If u want to show off ur brakes, just get a set of mesh wheels or thin spoke wheels.
This see through wheel is just like putting monitors in the center of ur wheels, or putting diamonds on the wheels...........pointless
Oh, you just wait until we have TV's on our brake calipers, that you can see through the clear spinner rims.
Old 12-08-05, 03:16 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

hum thats different-
Old 12-08-05, 04:04 PM
dmoney
Driver School Candidate

Default my 2 cents

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4

Cool for show, though.
OK THIS IS NOT DMONEY ITS HIS HOMIE AND AS FOR THIS LEXAN CRAP I KEEP HEARING ABOUT WHO CARES THESE WHEELS I SEEN PERSONALY AND TEST DROVE THE STRENTH OF THEM IS REDICULOUS... WOW AND HEAT.. MELTING THEM THIS IS FUNNY..LOL just wait and you will see what comes. you have no idea what Dmoney has coming 4 this wheel world. all u got a pic of is a leaked pic not the dope pics we took not the videos either. I 'm just posting her to vouch and bACK THIS PRODUCT 100% and yes the car in the pics has no BBk but looks sick as all hell rolling i thing dmoney broke like 500 necks when he was driving it. woo wee people were starring. then when he roasts the tires it looks sick with the smoke looks cool. just my 2 cents and for potholes and railroad tracks these wheels eat them for breakfast..
Old 12-08-05, 04:20 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know about you guys but this looks like PS to me. In this pic it looks like the picture of the wheel was taken while in motion and then PSed onto the car. Look how the rivets are blurry and also the flash on the clear part of the wheel is blurry

Old 12-08-05, 04:27 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I dont know about you guys but this looks like PS to me. In this pic it looks like the picture of the wheel was taken while in motion and then PSed onto the car. Look how the rivets are blurry and also the flash on the clear part of the wheel is blurry

may not be chopped, u can see the scion's hubcap reflecting off the rims themselves also
Old 12-08-05, 04:34 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dmoney
OK THIS IS NOT DMONEY ITS HIS HOMIE AND AS FOR THIS LEXAN CRAP I KEEP HEARING ABOUT WHO CARES THESE WHEELS I SEEN PERSONALY AND TEST DROVE THE STRENTH OF THEM IS REDICULOUS... WOW AND HEAT.. MELTING THEM THIS IS FUNNY..LOL just wait and you will see what comes. you have no idea what Dmoney has coming 4 this wheel world. all u got a pic of is a leaked pic not the dope pics we took not the videos either. I 'm just posting her to vouch and bACK THIS PRODUCT 100% and yes the car in the pics has no BBk but looks sick as all hell rolling i thing dmoney broke like 500 necks when he was driving it. woo wee people were starring. then when he roasts the tires it looks sick with the smoke looks cool. just my 2 cents and for potholes and railroad tracks these wheels eat them for breakfast..
you made my day...
Old 12-09-05, 04:21 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
Not true..lexan is used as so called "bulletproof" glass...
So, your engineering background is in materials science? Bullets don't create a fatigue situation that Lexan has to deal with over TIME. Lexan is resistant to localized impact, i.e. what a bullet does when it strikes. Have you ever seen how thick Lexan has to be to absorb this type of impact? Also, once a bullet has struck Lexan, the panel is DONE.

Okay, okay... I guess if the wheel is good enough for dmoney's homie, it must be okay. How do I order my set?

Seriously, the homie can't spell or punctuate... c'mon, stop yanking our chains, dude.
Old 12-09-05, 05:28 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
Oh, you just wait until we have TV's on our brake calipers, that you can see through the clear spinner rims.
I think brake rotor LEDs & neons will match this BAD @SS wheel perfectly. Oh....why not put LEDs on the springs and all the suspension parts
Old 12-11-05, 02:09 PM
Mattress
Pole Position

LOL, sounds cool, but i think it may be a lil too much. Why would someone pay $1000 at least, to get a 1/4 of a wheel? wheel manufactures arnt getting board--new designs come out all the time. Cool concept but ill hold my opinion.
Old 12-12-05, 02:07 AM
EL PAALO
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
why not just put tv's in the center?
Old 12-12-05, 02:12 PM
vborder
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by baddis es
may not be chopped, u can see the scion's hubcap reflecting off the rims themselves also
i too think its photoshop ....you can always put a reflection on anything in photoshop....i work on photoshop everyday...so as a designer...i think this can be acheive...like he says... the rivets are blurry....... unless they're spinners

Quick Reply: clear rims who makes these?