Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

will these 20 inch axis milanos fit decently on my GS w/ L-tuned S/S?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 05:28 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default will these 20 inch axis milanos fit decently on my GS w/ L-tuned S/S?

hey guys, im about to pick up a set of Two 20x8.5 (35mm offset) and Two 20x9.5 (40mm offset) axis Milano Wheels..silver with the polished lip, brand new...im just wondering if anyone has this setup or knows how well it fits on a gs...i have the l-tuned S/S setup and im curious if im going to have to do anything so the wheels dont rub at all (a little worried about the back rubbing with the fatter wheels).... also..and this might be pushing it, does anyone have a pic of one of our gs's with the 20 inch milanos (or similar wheels) WITH the l-tuned S/S drop? i want to see if my car with that exact drop isnt low enough to look decent with the 20's and if id have to go coilover to avoid looking 4x4.... THANKS in advance for your help, hopefully trying to get the new milanos within the week after i get some feedback from you guys-

lata
mike

ps: if anyone has tire suggestions (not necessarily brand, more looking for sizing info) for that setup it would be awesome too...these wheels are new but dont come with any.
Old 01-05-06, 05:32 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

the wheels...

my gs...
Old 01-05-06, 05:45 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You are probably going to have to roll the fendors but they will fill the gaps great. I have +36 front and rear and don't rub. My fendors are rolled and blk tabs were removed..I think you should go with Nitto 235/35/20 in the front to help with the side wall clearance and a nice 275/30/20 rear tire to have matching sidewalls. Nitto is the only brand to make a 235/3520 with a 275/30/20 that I know of.
Old 01-05-06, 05:54 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like your choice of wheels
Old 01-05-06, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

they are close but i think it's ok
Old 01-05-06, 09:51 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a Maya-DTS (very similar to what u have), anyhow here are the specs. as well as the tires:

Front
20X9 +38
Falken - 255/35/20

Rear
20X10 + 47
Falken - 285/30/20

...almost 2 inch drop.

good luck, nice choice of wheels
Attached Thumbnails will these 20 inch axis milanos fit decently on my GS w/ L-tuned S/S?-gsofc1.jpg  
Old 01-05-06, 09:56 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

another angle... sorry for the poor quality pix, i just used my cel
Attached Thumbnails will these 20 inch axis milanos fit decently on my GS w/ L-tuned S/S?-gsofc2.jpg  
Old 01-05-06, 01:29 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by manila_boy
another angle... sorry for the poor quality pix, i just used my cel
pics are actually pretty damn good for a cell lol...anyway man, i saw your setup..could you tell me if you had to do anything with your fenders..like the others said about rolling them or taking out the inner liner? i use this car all year and i really would rather not have to rip the covering out of the wheel wells and im also a little skeptical about getting the fenders rolled...if doing that is the only way i can have these wheels, ill probably just forget about putting them on....
Old 01-05-06, 01:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the rear he shouldn't have to do anything at all, that's high offset.

for the front, 9 _38 with 255 tires, he probably rub the edge of the fender a bit, especially the tab.
Old 01-05-06, 02:05 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
....for the front, 9 _38 with 255 tires, he probably rub the edge of the fender a bit, especially the tab.

???

also rom..could you give me a link to the thread you made some of the guys were talkin about with all the wheel info and offset info, etc....thanks
Old 01-05-06, 03:33 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

hey guys, i noticed in roms sticky that he mentioned 38mm offset, etc, etc, and some in the 40s, but never exactly the setup i would be working with...a 35mm offset up front and a 40mm offset in rear...could someone tell me if this is a decent offset and how it would make the wheels look compaired the stock 17s i have now as far as how far in or out they will sit compaired the the stock offset? is the 35/40 ok to go with since it doesnt seem like the norm when buying 20s?
Old 01-05-06, 03:55 PM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

yup no prob on the rear at all
Old 01-05-06, 03:56 PM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
pics are actually pretty damn good for a cell lol...anyway man, i saw your setup..could you tell me if you had to do anything with your fenders..like the others said about rolling them or taking out the inner liner? i use this car all year and i really would rather not have to rip the covering out of the wheel wells and im also a little skeptical about getting the fenders rolled...if doing that is the only way i can have these wheels, ill probably just forget about putting them on....
i had no problems with fender roll/pull or what-so-ever, didn't do all of that - i even had this alligned (camber) since it's finishing the inner part of the tires so quickly, even that it didn't come close to the fenders, in front maybe a lil' bit too close but it's enough as for everyday use and a slow driver like me i run with falkens, it's 20s and a daily driven car - i can't afford to finish up a set in a year
Old 01-05-06, 03:57 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The good news is both front and rear will be more flushed than stock.

The only minor issue will be that the front is relatively aggressively flushed while the rear is not. You will need to do a little work in front while the rear still have about 6mm to go. It is not really a whole lot. The tire choices will also affect the fitment as some tires are more rounded and some are more squared.
Old 01-05-06, 04:33 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
The good news is both front and rear will be more flushed than stock.

The only minor issue will be that the front is relatively aggressively flushed while the rear is not. You will need to do a little work in front while the rear still have about 6mm to go. It is not really a whole lot. The tire choices will also affect the fitment as some tires are more rounded and some are more squared.

i see what your saying about the front..but im also starting to think it might look a little weird..if the front is going to sit even more flush then the rear...wont it eliminate the look the staggered setup is supposed to accomplish, with the rear looking "wider" all in all then the front from a viewers standpoint....

Quick Reply: will these 20 inch axis milanos fit decently on my GS w/ L-tuned S/S?