Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Air Valve Access on IForged

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-06, 09:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mikal
I have the two piece iforged. I dont have a problem with sticking my hand in to fill the air. Just make sure rotor isnt hot . I should know
umm, so it's a common problem for all 2 piece iforged then?
Old 02-26-06, 11:31 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, i dont consider it as a problem. It just sucks that they didnt design and supply it with the L shape air valve. My tire installer said he can order one for me but didnt say anything about sticking it through the rivets (probabaly cuz he wasnt sure the hole on the rivets line up with the air hole.
Old 02-27-06, 03:51 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cruizing
Pardonfor my ignorance but how do you ever get the air hose onto the valvestem opening when it is set in the rivet holes like that?

I actually got an extension from Rominl because my home air pump wouldnt fit that close to the face of the wheel. So I just screw the extension on and problem solved
Old 02-27-06, 06:19 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
umm, so it's a common problem for all 2 piece iforged then?

I think its a design flaw for all 2pc iforged wheels.

Glad I didnt get 2pc

Also what does that extension look like.
Old 02-27-06, 07:57 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GS300rich has a set of wheels that he purchased last year, and all 3pc wheels have the L-shaped vent that extends to the edge and comes through the rivet center. I'm not sure if the other person has 2pc or 3pc, so I cant quantify where the valvestem is.

2pc wheels use a different barrel and the valve is on a angle inside the wheel so it cannot be extended to the rivet.

The rivets are real even on 2pc (bolted and torqued down, etc etc). For those that find putting their hand inside to be a issue of great concern, simply order 3pc. Of course many people order 2pc for the cost savings, so the choice lies in the hands of the end user.
Old 02-27-06, 09:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
GS300rich has a set of wheels that he purchased last year, and all 3pc wheels have the L-shaped vent that extends to the edge and comes through the rivet center. I'm not sure if the other person has 2pc or 3pc, so I cant quantify where the valvestem is.

2pc wheels use a different barrel and the valve is on a angle inside the wheel so it cannot be extended to the rivet.

The rivets are real even on 2pc (bolted and torqued down, etc etc). For those that find putting their hand inside to be a issue of great concern, simply order 3pc. Of course many people order 2pc for the cost savings, so the choice lies in the hands of the end user.
thanks for the clarification, derrick. so the valve stems on the 2pc is at an angle huh? that's interesting

but yes, i sent some extensions to GS3rich, glad it all worked out man
Old 02-27-06, 09:40 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I did check my wheels and I do have the two piece versions. Oh well, lesson learned. I ordered some of those long "truck:" type stems from the link posted above and will see how close they get to the front of the wheel. As for right now, I can deal with reaching in but it does seem a bit screwy that Iforged would think this is "OK" . Sounds like something they should advertise. I would have paid more to have the valve where it is suppose to be. It just kind of boggles the mind to think there are "Engineers" (I use this term loosely in their case) at IForged who design a wheel and then say "just throw the valve stem way in the back, no one will ever need to check their pressure or put air in it anyway". Dopes!
Old 02-27-06, 10:52 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Well, I did check my wheels and I do have the two piece versions. Oh well, lesson learned. I ordered some of those long "truck:" type stems from the link posted above and will see how close they get to the front of the wheel. As for right now, I can deal with reaching in but it does seem a bit screwy that Iforged would think this is "OK" . Sounds like something they should advertise. I would have paid more to have the valve where it is suppose to be. It just kind of boggles the mind to think there are "Engineers" (I use this term loosely in their case) at IForged who design a wheel and then say "just throw the valve stem way in the back, no one will ever need to check their pressure or put air in it anyway". Dopes!

For whatever its worth, both sets of iFORGED that were mounted on my personal car were 2pc and they were the Technik and Trial. I never had any issue with adding / removing air or checking pressure. (i'm 6'4" so i have large hands). I also have done it on various other 2pc styles (Rev, etc etc) and had no issues.

I'll add this info to our FAQ for future reference, as I see for some it does pose a inconvenience (man you guys must have WINGs for hands!! LOL j/k )
Old 02-27-06, 11:00 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Derrick, i must have wings for hands then since i'm able to stick my hands through my Iforged Senekas.
Old 02-27-06, 12:10 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikal
Derrick, i must have wings for hands then since i'm able to stick my hands through my Iforged Senekas.

No, I was saying the guys that can't get their hands in there must have the wing span hands! lol
Old 02-27-06, 12:50 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

oh thought you mean wings are in tiny hands lol.
Old 02-27-06, 01:22 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

but he has the retro's its gotta be super tough to get up in there.
Old 02-27-06, 01:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
but he has the retro's its gotta be super tough to get up in there.
mikal has the seneka, it's just as tight, if not tighter

not that i don't think it's a problem though
Old 02-27-06, 05:31 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Boy...I don't know how Mikal can reach that valve with the Seneka's. I would say it has to be impossible. I would like to see that . I have one of those long air valve things that has the gauge built in and it also can be attached to my compressor to fill the tires(see attachment). It is not that big a deal for me to use that. But taking off the valve cap in really tough. I know you don't have to do it every day but I am one of those crazy folks who likes to check my pressure often.
Attached Thumbnails Air Valve Access on IForged-dialinfl1.jpg  
Old 02-28-06, 04:01 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Where does HRE put the air valve access on wheels with no rivets?

Quick Reply: Air Valve Access on IForged