Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

HELP!!! Lexani's or DUBS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-06 | 10:47 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by uncle_el
the price of the car in this country (u.s.) or your country (canada) is irrelevant to the discussion of style and elegance (your words, not ours). something either has it, or it doesn't.

most of us here would agree that those wheels you seem to be looking at are a bit tacky. we're just trying to let you know that there are quite a few rims out there that would look quite at home on an is, but at the same time would not break the bank.

at the end of the day, it's your car, so what does it really matter what we think anyway? but then again, you did come and ask for an opinion. i suppose it comes with the territory.
My thoughts as well..
Old 02-26-06 | 02:56 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wylde_1
Style and Elegance are more important to me then poopy looking lightweight rims. You can only go so fast without getting a ticket and this isn't a track car
Dont take it personal at all man, here on CL the guys have just seen all types of things and were trying to say "check out all your options" before you decide. Not all lightweight wheels are poopy looking. The new IS is a tough one with wheels, but I'll just post a few links with things you may like.

I'll be up front and honest with you that the Lexani stuff is not really a good move, and I'm not dealing with aesthetics at all. Those types of wheels are "one size fits all", meaning no custom specs, no staggered fitment (larger lip in the rear), no clearance for brake systems, etc etc. Plus those rubies and things fall out, and that is not a insult or joke, I'm saying literally: they really do fall out.

click these links and maybe you will see something you like, and if not, good luck in whatever you choose

http://www.d2autosport.com/zone.html

http://www.d2autosport.com/iforged.html

http://www.d2autosport.com/klass.html
Old 02-26-06 | 08:49 AM
Wylde_1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by uncle_el
the price of the car in this country (u.s.) or your country (canada) is irrelevant to the discussion of style and elegance (your words, not ours). something either has it, or it doesn't.

most of us here would agree that those wheels you seem to be looking at are a bit tacky. we're just trying to let you know that there are quite a few rims out there that would look quite at home on an is, but at the same time would not break the bank.

at the end of the day, it's your car, so what does it really matter what we think anyway? but then again, you did come and ask for an opinion. i suppose it comes with the territory.

Actually it's not irrelevant what i was trying to get across in the orginal post was do they fit? Then alot of replies were negative so then i posted a reply stating i did not pay 10-20 thousand for a used lexus. I payed 50000 and dont have alot of cash left over for high speeds mods so i just want some rims intake headers and exhaust. If i had the cash for a new big brake kit i wouldn't mind putting on a lightweight rims but right now i just wanna hide the ugly rotors with lots of ice.
Old 02-27-06 | 12:02 AM
uncle_el
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wylde_1
Actually it's not irrelevant what i was trying to get across in the orginal post was do they fit? Then alot of replies were negative so then i posted a reply stating i did not pay 10-20 thousand for a used lexus. I payed 50000 and dont have alot of cash left over for high speeds mods so i just want some rims intake headers and exhaust. If i had the cash for a new big brake kit i wouldn't mind putting on a lightweight rims but right now i just wanna hide the ugly rotors with lots of ice.
ok. you paid 50k. :shrug:

you want to go fast, yet you're looking at lexani rims with red jewels or "dubs".

sounds like it would be best if you just stayed oem for now. that would be the most sensible thing.
Old 02-27-06 | 06:57 AM
kietlander
Racer

give me OEM 18s from an is350 anyday over lexani's....