Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

20x11 Rear Offset?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-06, 01:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oppps, thanks for the correction, chris. yes, that's 20x11 +47 20x10 +47, people would kill me
Old 04-11-06, 06:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
oppps, thanks for the correction, chris. yes, that's 20x11 +47 20x10 +47, people would kill me

yeah serious, plus I would be getting 200 more emails saying "hey this rominl guy says I can run this and that". Its amazing, people read 2 threads and think they are wheel masters! lol

Hey bud I see you are almost ready for the wheels huh, nice talking to you last week, let me know when your ready.
Old 04-11-06, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
yeah serious, plus I would be getting 200 more emails saying "hey this rominl guy says I can run this and that". Its amazing, people read 2 threads and think they are wheel masters! lol

Hey bud I see you are almost ready for the wheels huh, nice talking to you last week, let me know when your ready.
man, guys, make sure you guys don't quote me...... i take no liability
Old 04-13-06, 04:57 AM
punch10
Driver

Derrick, good talking to you as well. Should be picking up the GS this Saturday and then it's off to the most aggressive setup I can fit. I'll let you know when I finally pick which one I want to go with. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-13-06, 04:56 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's the 295/25-20 on a 20 x 11 wheel that Bob and Rominl have referenced from and why not? I bought the rims from Bob and Rominl lives around the corner from me.

I don't have the best angle, but if you take a yard stick, the stick edge will line up and touch the upper and lower rim edges and line up evenly against the fender lip.

This is "absolutely flush" as you requested.

Note: Ride height & camber settings affect how flush you can get.

I can get away with a 305/25-20 on this same rim set up, because the 11 inch rim actually stretches these 295's. I still have plenty of clearance.

Here' s the inner lip completely shaved away and primered ready for undercoating.
Fender rolling will not get you this amount of clearance.

For more info on shaving, etc. do a search under my username RMMGS4 and type in key words such as No Rubbing, shave fenders, etc. There have been several posts and pictures over the years.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-13-06 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-13-06, 05:23 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

man, guys, make sure you guys don't quote me...... i take no liability

You know what Rom, I feel for you man, because people really think that guide of yours is a textbook bible fitment guide, be careful man, I dont want to see someone try to come after you!! Can you say DISCLAIMER!! lol
Old 04-13-06, 05:26 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

I can get away with a 305/25-20 on this same rim set up, because the 11 inch rim actually stretches these 295's. I still have plenty of clearance.

Trust me man you did the right thing going 295 on those PS2's, those tires run so overspec its not even funny, you can look at your 11 on the 295 and note that its not really STRETCHING, its moreso just exposing the rolled edge of the rim. Thats the one thing that I hate about PS2's they run almost one size over spec (so 295 wraps around almost like 305). If you had a Continental CS-2 on there it would be exposing the bead!
Old 04-13-06, 05:27 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by punch10
Derrick, good talking to you as well. Should be picking up the GS this Saturday and then it's off to the most aggressive setup I can fit. I'll let you know when I finally pick which one I want to go with. Thanks for the help.

Of course man, not a problem at all, talk to you soon!
Old 04-13-06, 10:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

You know what Rom, I feel for you man, because people really think that guide of yours is a textbook bible fitment guide, be careful man, I dont want to see someone try to come after you!! Can you say DISCLAIMER!! lol
well, i am not really scared about my guide. i dont' think i have said anything wrong in there, though i would love to know otherwise so i can go correct it. but disclaimer? haha, thank god we are on a forum. people want to go more aggressive than what i stated? be my guest

Trust me man you did the right thing going 295 on those PS2's, those tires run so overspec its not even funny, you can look at your 11 on the 295 and note that its not really STRETCHING, its moreso just exposing the rolled edge of the rim. Thats the one thing that I hate about PS2's they run almost one size over spec (so 295 wraps around almost like 305). If you had a Continental CS-2 on there it would be exposing the bead!
i don't know, but we have inspected glen's car for a long time, and indeed the rears look a bit stretched, especially compared to the front. looking at all clearance and such, indeed we think 305 might be a better fit
Old 04-14-06, 05:04 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

i don't know, but we have inspected glen's car for a long time, and indeed the rears look a bit stretched, especially compared to the front. looking at all clearance and such, indeed we think 305 might be a better fit
No no, I wasnt saying that its not stretched at all, as I said the rolled lip edge is exposed, I was just saying that the PS2 runs so big, that its not as bad at all. I will try to find a pic of a Conti CS2 with a 295 / 11" combo and you will see what I mean (more like the VIP stretch)
Old 04-14-06, 05:05 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Btw, glen your wheels are very nice man, you dont post very often so its easy to forget how nice it looks
Old 04-14-06, 08:50 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No no, I wasnt saying that its not stretched at all, as I said the rolled lip edge is exposed, I was just saying that the PS2 runs so big, that its not as bad at all. I will try to find a pic of a Conti CS2 with a 295 / 11" combo and you will see what I mean (more like the VIP stretch)
I know what you are trying to say. I'm a lil busy today to respond at length, but yes when I commented on a 305 tire, I should have mentioned that was for a Continental. PS2 is not offered in that size so I was thinking no need to mention it. You're right the PS2 is quite bigger than the size they report. I measured a Pzero Nero on the same size width and my PS2 had an actual tread width of about an inch wider than the Pirelli of the same size.

If you have pics, that would be interesting to compare.

Btw, glen your wheels are very nice man, you dont post very often so its easy to forget how nice it looks
Thanks D!

It's nice to know.
Old 04-14-06, 05:38 PM
punch10
Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Here's the 295/25-20 on a 20 x 11 wheel that Bob and Rominl have referenced from and why not? I bought the rims from Bob and Rominl lives around the corner from me.

I don't have the best angle, but if you take a yard stick, the stick edge will line up and touch the upper and lower rim edges and line up evenly against the fender lip.

This is "absolutely flush" as you requested.

Note: Ride height & camber settings affect how flush you can get.

Here' s the inner lip completely shaved away and primered ready for undercoating.
Fender rolling will not get you this amount of clearance.

For more info on shaving, etc. do a search under my username RMMGS4 and type in key words such as No Rubbing, shave fenders, etc. There have been several posts and pictures over the years.
Great! I found the thread where you provided pics on shaving. What offset are you running on the 20x11s and would you go with a lower offset?

Also, I haven't queried on the fronts. What would be a 20x9.5 flush offset (shaving of course) +32?

Last edited by punch10; 04-14-06 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-14-06, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by punch10
Great! I found the thread where you provided pics on shaving. What offset are you running on the 20x11s and would you go with a lower offset?

Also, I haven't queried on the fronts. What would be a 20x9.5 flush offset (shaving of course) +32?
haha i told you before already, that's 11 + 47 i told you so confidently coz' rmmgs4 lives 5 mins away from me and we have done enough studies on his car that's why i end up with the same setup (outboard wise) too, 10.5 +41

his front are 9 +35 i believe, i could be wrong. i had 8.5 +32 with 245/35, and it was rubbing quite a bit in the beginning. 9.5 +32 is afull 12mm more out board. you need to use 245/35 imho, with 255 i think it's going to be quite some rubbing to deal with

and btw, my front fender is rolled already too
Old 04-15-06, 09:39 AM
punch10
Driver

haha i told you before already, that's 11 + 47 i told you so confidently coz' rmmgs4 lives 5 mins away from me and we have done enough studies on his car that's why i end up with the same setup (outboard wise) too, 10.5 +41

his front are 9 +35 i believe, i could be wrong. i had 8.5 +32 with 245/35, and it was rubbing quite a bit in the beginning. 9.5 +32 is afull 12mm more out board. you need to use 245/35 imho, with 255 i think it's going to be quite some rubbing to deal with

and btw, my front fender is rolled already too
Rominl,

True...I figured it was a 47 offset, by your reference earlier on, but was not sure. My question to you is, do you see room for a lower offset? Maybe between 5-9 mm outwards?

Thanks for the help. I picked up the GS yesterday and soon realized that the "floaty" ride has to go. Very different than what I am used to. I checked out your Tein CS v. Flex thread and will making a decision soon. I think the Tein CS would be a good match for a 25 series tire.

Quick Reply: 20x11 Rear Offset?