Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Zauber Gettin wheels... what do I do???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-06, 07:48 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates?
Old 04-24-07, 08:07 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
any updates?
In fact YES!!! I got it fixed! After months of searching for someone who could provide me a barrel or make me a new barrel, I wound up just getting it fixed. Thank you for all of your suggestions and help! See post #21 on the second page of this thread for the before picture. Here is the after:
Attached Thumbnails Zauber Gettin wheels... what do I do???-zauberfixed01.jpg  

Last edited by MSBoy; 04-24-07 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-24-07, 09:09 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MSBoy
In fact YES!!! I got it fixed! After months of searching for someone who could provide me a barrel or make me a new barrel, I wound up just getting it fixed. Thank you for all of your suggestions and help! See post #21 on the second page of this thread for the before picture. Here is the after:
HOLY SMOKE.... (both before and after)....

Just want to provide some information which is a bit contradict to what someone mentioned above.

Based on my prior experience, NOT all the Japanese wheels manufacturer won't support lip replacement. A few years back when I curb my Work VsMx wheels, I contacted Work Japan directly and they are fine of sending a brand new out lip to U.S. The only problem is that, they will ship it to the Sole Distributor in San Francisco and I will need to send my damaged wheel there for them to disassemble/assemble. They insist this citing the quality control and I have called their Distributor in SF to confirm this. I am not sure if any other big manufacturer will supply outer or inner lip, but when the time comes, I will find out more. Hope this helps.
Old 04-24-07, 09:41 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who did the work?
Old 04-24-07, 03:11 PM
ex-r
Driver School Candidate

WOW. You are one lucky son of a gun. The wheel looks good. So how much did it cost to fix? I need to find someone locally who can refinish mines.
Old 04-25-07, 07:37 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ex-r
WOW. You are one lucky son of a gun. The wheel looks good. So how much did it cost to fix? I need to find someone locally who can refinish mines.
It was actually $180 to fix and I got it resealed (which they recommended I do). The resealing was an additional $30. So total, it was $210. Plus, I had to ship it to them and have to pay for the shipping back to NY. So, it's like $260. I'm just glad it's fixed and that I don't have to toss 3 perfectly good wheels out because 1 waws ruined.

You said you need yours refinished... are you in NY? If so, I can recommend someone. He's pretty good I hear. I am going to need all 4 of mine refinished, so maybe we can go together and get a cut in price. Lemme know.
Old 04-25-07, 08:17 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Who did the work?
A spot out in South Cali. PM me if you want the information.
Old 04-25-07, 01:53 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm glad your heartaches have turned to joy! I had a chance to purchase Gettins back in the day also, but I feared running into the same drama as you. Please keep us update with the long-term quality and worksmanship.
Old 05-02-07, 04:19 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Good for you. I started reading this thread and thought OH NO!!!! That bend was pretty bad. Im getting some 3-piece wheels as well so def keep us updated in case (knocking on wood) that ever happens to me.
Old 05-06-07, 03:10 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Do you have the contact info of the company who repaired the barrel? Is it chromed?
Old 05-11-07, 09:14 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
Do you have the contact info of the company who repaired the barrel? Is it chromed?
No, the lip is not chrome. My lip is polished. I will PM you the info.
Old 05-11-07, 10:11 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know I am late....so glad it was "fixable". I have a rim repair shop 30 minutes from me in Maryland and they could have fixed it too. I have seen rims mangled in their shop, only to be fixed days later. Amazing what they can do...

But really, I'm just chiming into this thread at this late date, since your rim is already fixed, to say that I really like your sig.
Old 05-11-07, 10:32 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KevinGS
I know I am late....so glad it was "fixable". I have a rim repair shop 30 minutes from me in Maryland and they could have fixed it too. I have seen rims mangled in their shop, only to be fixed days later. Amazing what they can do...

But really, I'm just chiming into this thread at this late date, since your rim is already fixed, to say that I really like your sig.
Well, honestly, I am somewhat concerend since SoCalSC4 said that if a shop attempts to fix the wheel, they basically don't care about my safety. I mean, I did a load of research and fixing it was my last and ONLY alternative. But, I am kind of concerned about the integrity of the wheel now. I shot SoCalSC4 a PM asking if I should only be concerned about hitting pot holes now, or if the integrity of the wheel may be compromised by other factors and exactly what might those "other" factors be.

If anyone else here can chime in with knowledge on that, it would be much appreciated.

As far as my sig is concerned, thanx!
Old 05-11-07, 10:41 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Could you PM me the info for this shop too? I have some wheels that need repairing as well. Thanks!
Old 05-11-07, 10:52 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Could you PM me the info for this shop too? I have some wheels that need repairing as well. Thanks!
PM sent!

Quick Reply: Zauber Gettin wheels... what do I do???