Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Zauber Gettin wheels... what do I do???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 11:22 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

wow i am gladd u got it fixed... if ever and i mean EVER i need something for my GETTINS i will def. give u a call my friend!!!!
Old 05-11-07, 12:21 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MSBoy
Well, honestly, I am somewhat concerend since SoCalSC4 said that if a shop attempts to fix the wheel, they basically don't care about my safety. I mean, I did a load of research and fixing it was my last and ONLY alternative. But, I am kind of concerned about the integrity of the wheel now. I shot SoCalSC4 a PM asking if I should only be concerned about hitting pot holes now, or if the integrity of the wheel may be compromised by other factors and exactly what might those "other" factors be.

If anyone else here can chime in with knowledge on that, it would be much appreciated.

As far as my sig is concerned, thanx!
I've had plenty of bent rims on my 300ZX Turbo, and got them fixed for years. No, the integrity will never be exactly the same ever again, but it'll be fine in most instances. It will still balance well, and everything. Hec, it's a viable alternative to buying a whole new rim, or in your case, possibly a whole new SET of rims.

Will it be a little weaker, and a little more susceptible to being bent again? Yes, but not overly so. You'll just have to be extra careful to dip and dodge any major potholes, and drive slower over bumpy sections of the road.

But you should be fine. I've had rims fixed plenty of times over the years...the same rim more than once. Luckily, knock on wood, with my 19" fat setup on my GS, I've had no bent rims in 3 years. On my 17" aftermarket rim on my Z, I bent them up every year during the winter...and I was too young and stupid to just buy some stock wheels for the winter.

Lucky for me, they're 30 mins from my house, so it's not that inconvenient if something DOES get bent.
Old 05-11-07, 12:24 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nyARISTO
wow i am gladd u got it fixed... if ever and i mean EVER i need something for my GETTINS i will def. give u a call my friend!!!!
Tony, I got you over here on the east coast...if something happens, just give me your rim and I'll hook you up. I'm on "preferred status" at the rim repair shop...been going there for years. They do all my tire replacement work because they have the best balancing equipment in Maryland. I just ship my tires there directly when it's time for new ones.

If you mail your rim to them, which many people are forced to do, it could take weeks before they get to it, because they're so backed up. But, when I walk in, I could get a repair done in a week, if not less.
Old 05-11-07, 11:06 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

What is the name of the shop who fixed your bend wheels??
Old 05-12-07, 08:12 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
What is the name of the shop who fixed your bend wheels??
The Wheel Supply in SoCal.
Old 05-12-07, 10:58 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Tony, I got you over here on the east coast...if something happens, just give me your rim and I'll hook you up. I'm on "preferred status" at the rim repair shop...been going there for years. They do all my tire replacement work because they have the best balancing equipment in Maryland. I just ship my tires there directly when it's time for new ones.

If you mail your rim to them, which many people are forced to do, it could take weeks before they get to it, because they're so backed up. But, when I walk in, I could get a repair done in a week, if not less.
thanks kev always good 2 know