Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I need an opinion of my Auto Couture rims.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-06, 01:29 PM
foshizzle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Side view.....
Attached Thumbnails I need an opinion of my Auto Couture rims.-sidegs.jpg  
Old 10-11-06, 01:31 PM
foshizzle
Rookie

Rear view.....Waiting for my Tanabe DF210's to come in.
Attached Thumbnails I need an opinion of my Auto Couture rims.-reargs.jpg  
Old 10-11-06, 01:37 PM
foshizzle
Rookie

Thanks for the support and comments guys.....Im still deciding if I should keep'em or not. I just got it on the 6th of October. By the way its Auto Couture's Frantic wheel...
Old 10-11-06, 06:06 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It's partly due to the flange thickness near the assembly bolts. This region is extremely thick to accommodate the blind screws that hold the wheels together. It's a neat wheel style, but the design with some exposed and some hidden bolts limits the lip exposure. About 1" of the lip is effectively "covered up" by the center disk.

It seems like they could have used a lower disk on the rear wheels. The forged Auto Couture stuff is made here in the USA, and the manufacturer probably isn't that familiar with the Lexus cars... Too bad, would have looked even better with a bit more lip!

Neat loking wheels, though. I'd roll on them for a while. It'll look better once the car is lowered!
Old 10-11-06, 08:57 PM
foshizzle
Rookie

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
It's partly due to the flange thickness near the assembly bolts. This region is extremely thick to accommodate the blind screws that hold the wheels together. It's a neat wheel style, but the design with some exposed and some hidden bolts limits the lip exposure. About 1" of the lip is effectively "covered up" by the center disk.

It seems like they could have used a lower disk on the rear wheels. The forged Auto Couture stuff is made here in the USA, and the manufacturer probably isn't that familiar with the Lexus cars... Too bad, would have looked even better with a bit more lip!

Neat loking wheels, though. I'd roll on them for a while. It'll look better once the car is lowered!
Totally makes sense. I knew it was weird that the lip was partly covered by the face......Thanks
Old 10-11-06, 10:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4

yeah that's what i think too, the front looks ok since it's so close to the caliper already, but the rear they can probably go lower disk to there can be more lip
Old 10-12-06, 01:13 AM
foshizzle
Rookie

Does the 3rd gen GS300's usually take Lo discs in the front and back? Does the 300's and 430's have a different setup? Im new to this disc stuff, can someone please fill me in. Thanks
Old 10-12-06, 01:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the gs430 you need high disk to clear the calipers. but the gs300 doesn't have big brakes, and usually low disk is fine. but of course, the shop has to know to be sure
Old 10-12-06, 08:37 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Auto Couture's forged wheels are made in US? for some reason it angers me...Socalsc4, are there any pros and cons to AC outsourcing for forged wheels?
Old 10-12-06, 08:44 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Dude those rims are hot. I was thinking about put those same rims on my cl500. I saw a picture of the same rims on a cls500 and it made me sick.
Old 10-12-06, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Auto Couture's forged wheels are made in US? for some reason it angers me...Socalsc4, are there any pros and cons to AC outsourcing for forged wheels?
well i don't see anything "wrong" with them being made in the US, there are good and bad wheels everywhere anyway. but i think it could be more about the shop that's ordering the wheels rather than manufacturing? dunno, unless they change the spoke design, not sure if there could be more lip from manufacturer's point of view
Old 10-13-06, 05:55 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

I will ask again... Name of WHEEL please?
Old 10-13-06, 07:06 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
I will ask again... Name of WHEEL please?
Originally Posted by foshizzle
By the way its Auto Couture's Frantic wheel...
See above...
Old 10-19-06, 01:58 AM
foshizzle
Rookie

I wasnt happy, so I got rid of it. Gettin somethin else instead.
Old 10-19-06, 05:35 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the design of the wheels, very clean, but agree that the rear should have had more lip to it

Quick Reply: I need an opinion of my Auto Couture rims.