Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I need an opinion of my Auto Couture rims.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 06:02 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
It's partly due to the flange thickness near the assembly bolts. This region is extremely thick to accommodate the blind screws that hold the wheels together. It's a neat wheel style, but the design with some exposed and some hidden bolts limits the lip exposure. About 1" of the lip is effectively "covered up" by the center disk.

It seems like they could have used a lower disk on the rear wheels. The forged Auto Couture stuff is made here in the USA, and the manufacturer probably isn't that familiar with the Lexus cars... Too bad, would have looked even better with a bit more lip!

Neat loking wheels, though. I'd roll on them for a while. It'll look better once the car is lowered!
I agree with this assessment but think it is also in conjunction with the high offset. They probably were being safe and made these wheels very close to factory offset specs. The same happened with my custom Maya's. I ordered 40 offset all around because I knew the design would limit lip size but lower offset would compensate. The stupid people in Japan made the wheels wit high offsets because factory is high. My lip was 1/2 inch front and 1 1/2 inches rear. I was pissed. I thought the same as you, send them back, get rid of them, burn them at the stake. After a few weeks, I realized the wheels are so sweet, lip...smlip...who cares...they looked too good.
Your new AC wheels are super sweet imo. Keep them. You won't regret it.
Old 10-19-06, 09:04 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Auto Couture's forged wheels are made in US? for some reason it angers me...Socalsc4, are there any pros and cons to AC outsourcing for forged wheels?
Actually US production adds to the presitge of the brand since they are much more expensive to produce (vs. JDM production) thats one of the reasons te Black Label are so much more expensive than the cast red label.

Also the Red Lable wheels have very limited fitments for bbk clearance, its one of the reasons A/C really died in the MB market, the Red Labels do not clear any AMG calipers. The Black Label wheels remidied this and also brought custom one of fitment to the table.

I'm not sure what happened here as it looks a little too conservative all around, but I just did a set of Black Label 22" Latives on a 7 series and they are awesome! I can honestly say all pro's no con's.
Old 10-20-06, 01:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

so it's true that with the black labels, we can do custome offsets setup? imho that's a huge plus
Old 10-20-06, 05:02 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
so it's true that with the black labels, we can do custome offsets setup? imho that's a huge plus
Yes, 100% custom just like HRE, MODULARE, etc etc Thats why I find this setup to be so odd, it almost appears to be manufactured for another car.
Old 10-20-06, 09:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Yes, 100% custom just like HRE, MODULARE, etc etc Thats why I find this setup to be so odd, it almost appears to be manufactured for another car.
well, given that option, you still need the shop (or whoever order the wheels with AC) to know what they are doing

this is awesome news i have to say! when i look at the standard AC setup, i always find it weird, either way too aggressive or not aggressive enough. but with the black labels everything is custom. big
Old 10-20-06, 10:42 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
well, given that option, you still need the shop (or whoever order the wheels with AC) to know what they are doing

this is awesome news i have to say! when i look at the standard AC setup, i always find it weird, either way too aggressive or not aggressive enough. but with the black labels everything is custom. big
Yeah man your right, just like anything else man if the order is lame then the wheels will be ...... well you get the point! lol
Old 10-20-06, 11:46 AM
trent
Advanced

Hmm if you're not happy now, you won't be later for the wheels, I would say sell them, and get something else, the bad thing is, you may lose money for what you paid for them.
Old 10-21-06, 12:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Yeah man your right, just like anything else man if the order is lame then the wheels will be ...... well you get the point! lol
that's why we (clublexus) need to have vendors who know exactly what they are doing.... well you know what i mean too
Old 10-21-06, 07:53 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by trent
Hmm if you're not happy now, you won't be later for the wheels, I would say sell them, and get something else, the bad thing is, you may lose money for what you paid for them.
You can't say that for sure...unless you're saying it about yourself. As I said in my previous post, I didn't like my custom when they arrived. I put em on and still didn't like them. A week later I thought they were nice. A week after that I thought they were cool. By the 3rd week I thought, these suckers are sweet.
The AC Frantic's are one of my current favorites, they look sweeter everytime I see them. I didn't think they would look that good on a big sedan but they do. He should KEEP THOSE WHEELS!

Or sell them to me!