Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

GTAutosports nightmare......

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-01, 06:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts
Default Re: GtAutosports nightmare......

Originally posted by tinygs
This after Dave did everything short of brag about how good the Discount tire was that he used.
If someone told me they were going to use a place called Discount Tire to put tires on EXPENSIVE QUALITY RIMS, I'd say 'goodbye!'.

I too made mistakes getting my rims (too trusting, and not through GT - long story) although I didn't have blemishes fortunately and I've stuck with 'em.

Sounds like you've got a rough road ahead (since GT Dave is so hard to contact) but I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved.
Old 10-27-01, 06:46 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: GtAutosports nightmare......

Originally posted by bitkahuna

If someone told me they were going to use a place called Discount Tire to put tires on EXPENSIVE QUALITY RIMS, I'd say 'goodbye!'.

I too made mistakes getting my rims (too trusting, and not through GT - long story) although I didn't have blemishes fortunately and I've stuck with 'em.

Sounds like you've got a rough road ahead (since GT Dave is so hard to contact) but I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved.

DISCOUNT TIRE CENTERS is a ver large chain. The one I go to has SUPERIOR quality. Everything's done right. I wouldn't be taunted by the name.:eek:
Old 10-27-01, 07:13 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tiny,

Wow that sucks dude.. I hope GT Dave comes through for you and replaces your wheels (Quickly this time) or better yet refund your money since this is inexcusable to say the least for an aftermarket company who sells high end components..

I hope Dave also comes on CL and posts something as well or he will most likely lose alot of CL business.. Just my 2 cents!

Good luck buddy and keep us posted!
Old 10-27-01, 07:38 PM
lex430
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Tiny,

Wow that sucks dude.. I hope GT Dave comes through for you and replaces your wheels (Quickly this time) or better yet refund your money since this is inexcusable to say the least for an aftermarket company who sells high end components..

I hope Dave also comes on CL and posts something as well or he will most likely lose alot of CL business.. Just my 2 cents!

Good luck buddy and keep us posted!
A bit too late, he already lost one right here.., after several unreturned emails, phone calls, VMs. In today's service oriented business environment, I have tried to be patient as much as I can, especially with all the CL member support of GTauto. However, it's just unacceptable the lack of response, and blatant lack of care for its customers shown by GTauto. I am sure I am not the only person that has been having problem reaching them. I hope GTauto realizes there are quite a few other stores /importers /businesses out there that does the same exact thing as them, so they do not hold the exclusive rights or means of obtaining high end products. For whatever reason GT has for their lack of response, they are losing customers by the day...,

I hope things work out for ya, tiny, and I'm sad to see a supposedly reputable business not owning up to their name that I am sure they had built with hard work.

Last edited by lex430; 10-27-01 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-27-01, 08:36 PM
TX GS
Driver

I will never use GT Autosports.

That is absurd. What a crock!!
Old 10-27-01, 08:55 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no experience with GTA, but as tough as it is to get Dave to return any communications, and given the terrible experience you've had, I'd send a certified letter, on a lawyers' office letterhead explaining exactly what you want. That should get you the results you are looking for.

I mean, I've heard this more than once about GTA. How does he styay in business?

Good luck.

Last edited by ///MDex; 10-28-01 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-28-01, 05:03 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Where is GT Autosport located anyway?!? Maybe someone local can go there and see what happened to him?
Old 10-28-01, 07:31 AM
Francis K
Racer

Default That's crap

I can't believe that story, that would drive me crazy. I'm never doing business with those guys, I've heard that stuff before. Hey, are there any GTA representatives on CL?
Old 10-28-01, 09:20 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: GtAutosports nightmare......

$4.5K later all I have to say is: UN-****ING BELIEVABLE!!!!
I would do less damage mounting a tire on a wheel using a flat-head screw-driver, a cotton ball, and some vasoline....
LOL!!! Don't get me wrong Tiny, cause' you Know Me, and that ****** is totally un-************ acceptable period! But that particular line you wrote above was pretty ************ funny! Well, all I got to say about this whole deal, considering the month & a half extra wait they put you through and damage to the merchandise, is the following: Unless they are giving you the "Deal Of The Century", I'd have them credit me 100% and take my cheddar elsewhere!!! I mean, you have been more than understanding in this manner. When that kind of bread is involved, excuses are unacceptable, and the margin for error is pretty damn short! At any rate I wish you all the luck in this endeavor, I know you'll make the right decision. Just an update to my upcoming wheels situation; For that very reason you described above, I opted to have my wheels & tires mounted in my eyesight! Even though my tires and wheels might be coming from the same place! :eek: I had my wheels shipped to me first (my dealership) and then from there they headed out that same day to be chromed (this particular wheel is not available already chromed!). I decided to at least inspect one of the wheels, and it was one of the 19x9's which looked flawless, the packaging was superb. So anyway, 4 business days later, they arrive in Cali, (I'm tracking em' the whole time ) and my connection at my dealership gives me a buzz and tells me that after inspecting all the wheels prior to chroming them, one had a knick on the edge! :eek: :eek: :eek: Now just about as I was about to go Ape-******, my guy said, "Marcus calm down. They told me that the knick could be buffed out and would'nt even be noticible after chroming!" Whew! We'll soon see..........
Old 10-28-01, 09:39 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

I didn't even read through all the replys to your post until now! :eek: Dude, DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT CONSIDERING GIVING THIS GUY ANOTHER SHOT!!! AT ANY SORT OF DEAL!!! I mean hell, unanswered calls, unreturned emails, ************* FOREVER AND A DAY TO GET MERCHANDISE THAT'S ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR! Uh-Uh! No way do I eeven give them the benefit of the doubt next time around! I know you want those bad boys Chris, but not at the expense of all the above + peace of mind, (there is no price!) Give me a shout and I'll put you in touch with a friend of mine here in Dallas that only deals with distributors, (although you know how those "hook-ups" go ) and he has a direct link to various Japanese and Foreign imports! I'm sure you'll be busy trying to resolve this bull****** first, and you well should! If you don't have my number, PM me and we'll talk, as a matter of fact do that so we can talk on the cells free-of-charge!
Old 10-28-01, 01:04 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

Angry it makes me laugh

David himself seems a real nice guy however there business practice seems kinda screwed,he said he will reimburse the cost of the caps and the 7% extra i paid for...................QUIK DELIVERY..............................still waiting for that though

Last edited by blownIS200; 11-02-01 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-28-01, 04:53 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the first time I Emailed Dave about the grill I wanted it took him 1/2 a day to reply. Then I asked him to check price for me and also the ordering process then he didn't reply at all. It's been like 6 months now and I got my grill from Hiro already and he STILL hasn't replied.......

He has ALOT of good stuff on the webpage and lotsa people said he's got great prices but the customer service is making me think twice about getting stuff throw him.......
Old 10-28-01, 05:55 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Correct Globe, my experience as well. But, mysteriously Daves UN-accountability only started after the point of purchase. Beyond the GREAT pricing, I am at a loss for words....After I told Dave that I was serious about going through him for the wheels he answered my phone calls EVERY time I called and was helpful with finalizing the decision/pricing. It got to a point where other CL members were asking me how I was having such good luck getting through to Dave via telephone. Other members were even asking me to ask Dave questions on there behalf because they could NEVER get through to him. Maybe he knew I was about to fork over the $$$$????(just a thought)
If a refund is what transpires, rather than an immediate AIR drop of new wheel/tires(unmounted), my thought was to see if Hiro would match the deal that Dave gave me on the wheel/tire combo. Steve at Carson quoted me $400 more for the same wheel.(w/out tires, $3700 vs. $3300) I knew then that Daves prices were good, because Steve is always competetive.
Old 10-28-01, 06:02 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

..... because Steve is always competetive.
Steve's word is worth more than his weight in gold - er, wait, did that make sense? You know what I'm saying....

Old 10-29-01, 11:30 AM
JacobT

Tiny,

Sorry to hear about your story. I was expecting to see your phat rims every day and now

I feel your pain, me too in the same positon as you always concern about someone at the tire place may scratch your rims somewhat. I always stand aside to watch them do the job. Now I know exatctly what to do for every step to set up the machine and mont the tire on my rim reversely. I'd think the WORK wheels requir reverse mount too, but some tire guys may not know about the rims and tried to mount them from the top. That caused the damage to your rims.

Your solution #2 may not work. Getting 4 new lips may take you abother 4 months and the factory seals are always better than the aftermarket.

Why don't you try wheelAmerican. They can re-polish the lip to remove all scratches and remove clear coat at the same time. Of caurse you paid for brand new rims and you want brand new conditions. Demand to get your money back

Keep us posted on the situation.

Quick Reply: GTAutosports nightmare......