Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

GTAutosports nightmare......

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-01, 12:16 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The following is the response e-mail I recieved this AM from Dave, followed by my response to him. Still no phone call though??? He sent one e-mail and then the next:

email2-
These bouncing emails aren't helping this situation at all, read below on the email I sent right after I saw your email. We can credit you some $$ once the wheels come back in satisfactory condition.

email1-
Hi Chris, no need for a refund, Discount has agreed to cover all
damages, these can be fixed within a week to show quality. In my haste to package and get these out I trusted the word of the guys at Discount who said the marks were sealer and then they helped me get them ready to move out. Something was strange when they offered to cover everything for the fixing of the stem but I didn't know all wheels we're affected like this, is it all four? I'm as disappointed as you are about this, even more so.

Thanks
David N.
gtautosports.com

My response:

This is obviously an escalated issue that deserves a phone call, this type of communication is un-reliable and not prompt enough. I am currently at home awaiting your phone call.
I am sorry but I will not accept repaired wheels. I paid $4582 for brand new wheels/tires in "NEW" condition. I am not willing accept re-furbished. I cannot believe that you are offering me repaired wheels, instead of an immediate AIR shipment of NEW rims/tires(unmounted). Also, your below e-mail makes a reference to "some" $$$$???? What does "some" $$$ mean?????? I made it clear on my e-mails that a "Full" and prompt refund or an immediate AIR shipment of NEW wheel/tires are the only options that I will consider.

Last edited by tinygs; 10-29-01 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-29-01, 01:10 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

i will refer you back to my PM m8.........................................
Old 10-30-01, 01:56 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

GTAutosports response today 10-30-01, followed by my reply:

Will you at least please look at the repaired wheel? It is a much more reasonable solution considering a new set will have to be built in Japan, the last route we took(by air) was the quickest, these wheels can be repaired in a few days(shipping to Houston will be the most time consuming). We can then come to an agreement to the credit you'll receive for the trouble. If you can visually discern between the wheels that were repaired and new we'll go your route(weights and balances of the wheel are not affected). Like I mentioned, the company we've used has repaired a number of wheels to new condition, we've repaired big
curb damage on wheels for a Nomura Tuning Supra(Blitz 19 inch a couple days old) and that car won many shows after the fact and both Bruce and I were impressed with the work.

Thanks
David N.
gtautosports.com

My response:

Dave, the amount of money(re-credit) that it would take to get me to accept repaired(re-furbished) wheels after spending $4.5k for NEW wheels is more than you are willing to pay, trust me. Please realize that we are not in a "negotiation", I am really beginning to get concerned with what appears to be your lack of willingness to compensate me adequately and in a timely manner. I am equally concerned with your un-willingness to pick up the phone and resolve what is obviously an escalated issue. E-mail correspondence ONCE a day is definitely not working on your behalf. This business practice of not using the telephone appears suspicious to say the least. This is an incredible waste of time when a phone could certainly produce a resolution and an agreed upon compensation in a few minutes. If I do not get a phone call from you today, I will be forced to take whatever steps necessary to insure that I am compensated to my satisfaction. Im sorry that you are allowing what could be easily resolved, drag on over what will soon be a weeks time. Once again, I am awaiting your call.
Old 10-30-01, 02:01 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

NO COMMENT..........................
Old 10-30-01, 02:26 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Tiny, sorry to hear what you had to go though stick with your principle and demand the law is on your side.

There is a law that protects you from fraudulent transations with your credit card. All you have to do is call the credit card company and prove to thme it took you half a year from the paid date to get your stuff and it's damaged, and the seller refused to refund the money back to YOU. They (Credit card company) will give you your money back at the sellers expense. This might be a lot easier route since most credit card company is available 24 hours a day by phone. Fax them reciepts and prove it!
Old 10-30-01, 03:56 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Kaban
Tiny, sorry to hear what you had to go though stick with your principle and demand the law is on your side.

There is a law that protects you from fraudulent transations with your credit card. All you have to do is call the credit card company and prove to thme it took you half a year from the paid date to get your stuff and it's damaged, and the seller refused to refund the money back to YOU. They (Credit card company) will give you your money back at the sellers expense. This might be a lot easier route since most credit card company is available 24 hours a day by phone. Fax them reciepts and prove it!
AMEN! That is an excellent suggestion, and one that is quite frankly so simple that I completely overlooked it! :eek: Chris, get on the horn with your bank and squash this ******! Oh yeah, check your PM!
Old 11-01-01, 01:27 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

my emails dont seem to be getting through to GT Autosports........mmmmmmmmmmm,here we go again

Last edited by blownIS200; 11-02-01 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-01-01, 04:38 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Update as of 11-01-01...

GTAutosports response today 11-01-01, followed by my reply:

This is EXACTLY why we've stopped taking orders over the phone until the new website is up. The workload to get the site done is stretching us thin and if we took on a number of orders we won't have the time to maintain them properly, customers would have the same concerns that you are having now. I've explained this before along with the fact that I need correspondence in a hardcopy form. I'll give you a call on the phone but please understand these two points. I'm trying my best to get
this disappointment taken care of best way the situation allows and I'm sorry if it doesn't compare to how you think tirerack would take handle it, we are not tirerack. As for the repair, the reason I'm suggesting this is that it IS the quickest and most efficient route for results. Going back to Japan will consume time, dealing with Discount for compensation for a claim like this will consume time(and I'm not sure how much at that point because its been a logistical web between 4 different companies to this point). Please understand that these are the reasons I'm suggesting repair and not because I'm just trying to put you off, as I mentioned on the phone I was as pumped about this as you were and I'm sorry that the rush took a toll like it did. In the interim, please let me know when I can have UPS come by to pick up the wheels.
Thanks
David N.
gtautosports.com

My reply to e-mail sent to GTAutosports today 11-01-01, please note I have now been trying for a resolution for 6 days and still no phone call or offer of compensation......

[Dave, I am fully aware of what goes into the re-designing of a business web-site. Do you truly feel that is an acceptable excuse for the position where I currently find myself in this transaction?? You continue to insist on e-mail correspondence under the pretense that it is a "hard copy" and somehow holds legal water. E-mail is NOT the lawful means by which "hard-copies" are attained for legal record. I will state again, had you
made at least ONE phone call to myself between the date of receipt (Fri.10-26) and today (Thurs.11-1) , I feel certain we would have already come to an agreeable solution. I am still in the dark on that one......
I have already set the wheels in motion for a full refund of all of my $$$$. Swift and satisfactory compensation on YOUR part is the only thing that will stop this process. I have now been instructed not to ship the wheels anywhere unless instructed by the parties handling my collection. I saw NO action on your part that would lead me to believe that I would have ever been compensated by you, or that it would have happened within any REASONABLE (lawful) time frame. The ball (for lack of better word) is squarely in your court.
Now a couple of things yet to be addressed:

1- If this wheel does not require hub-centric rings for perfect fitment, why did WORK supply them???? You sent me four different PAIRS of rings in four ttl.sizes. It is nice that WORK supplied four size choices for different applications, but, I HAVE TO HAVE FOUR IDENTICAL RINGS OF THE SAME SIZE TO
FIT FOUR IDENTICAL HUBS ON MY CAR.(not 4 pairs of rings in four different sizes) As it stands, I could have only used two of the eight rings, because the other six rings are for three different applications....

2- Why are you suggesting UPS pick up the wheels? Is it for return to GTAutosports for a full and prompt refund? I have not agreed to anything else.... Also, you refused to supply ME with a return address for this merchandise followed by a prompt refund when I asked you for it.(That is my legal right involving damaged goods)

3- I will not agree to having the wheels fixed if that is the only
compensation you are proposing. You have twice made reference to re-crediting me $$$$ once the wheels are fixed but have made NO mention of an actual $$$$ figure. Do you really think that I will proceed one step further without seeing the $$$$ in my account FIRST????? What do you think is fair compensation in addition fixing the wheels?? Based on the series of
events thus far and the amount of time it takes for any action on your part, do you honestly feel I should take anything for granted???

4- Your company is not being compared to Tire Rack....Your PERSONAL oversight in monitoring the mounting of the wheels/tires is what I question. Then, you went ahead and shipped the damaged goods. As mentioned before, the packaging of the wheel/tires was exceptional.(as good as Tire Rack)

Last edited by tinygs; 11-01-01 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-01-01, 06:04 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

well put man,very well put
Old 11-01-01, 07:28 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unbelievable Tiny.. How hard is it for him to make a phone call to you.. Sheesh!!

Not even my wheels and I am pissed off for you..
Old 11-01-01, 08:29 PM
Captain Ratman
Pole Position

Unhappy I Feel Your Pain, Tiny!!

Tiny,

What you are going through with GTAuto sports SUCKS!!! Sounds like they want to take the "easy" road just to get you off their backs! Well, keep ridin them cause eventualy they will give-in to you! If they don't, keep working with your credit card company by filing a dispute (ask for one to be mailed out to you) and once you turn it in the CC company will review it and take the appropriate action (submit all of e-mails to show you acted in good faith). Also, think about taking them to court. Court action may make them back down and want to be more cooperative with you. Also, file a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) in writing so they will follow-up with GTAuto and add to the pressure! Persistence pays off!!! I know......It has worked for me many a time with shops like the one your dealing with now!!!

Good Luck Tiny and let us know how it goes!!

Scott.
Old 11-01-01, 08:39 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: I Feel Your Pain, Tiny!!

Originally posted by Captain Ratman
Tiny,

What you are going through with GTAuto sports SUCKS!!! Sounds like they want to take the "easy" road just to get you off their backs! Well, keep ridin them cause eventualy they will give-in to you! If they don't, keep working with your credit card company by filing a dispute (ask for one to be mailed out to you) and once you turn it in the CC company will review it and take the appropriate action (submit all of e-mails to show you acted in good faith). Also, think about taking them to court. Court action may make them back down and want to be more cooperative with you. Also, file a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) in writing so they will follow-up with GTAuto and add to the pressure! Persistence pays off!!! I know......It has worked for me many a time with shops like the one your dealing with now!!!

Good Luck Tiny and let us know how it goes!!

Scott.
I appreciate the support shown in all of the above posts....
As of Mon. of this week everything is already being handled by my CC company. This proved to be the quickest and cost free way to recover my $$$$. That is the way it will be resolved unless Dave decides to step up to the plate and present a suitable solution immediately......I have remained open for any FAIR offer of compensation, but GTAutosports track record until now has me thinking it wont happen....Thanks again, Tiny
Old 11-02-01, 05:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tiny, I'm glad to see that you're sticking to you guns! If you're still interested in getting the wheels, please email me...
Old 11-02-01, 01:44 PM
lex430
Lead Lap

I contacted dave@GT on many occasions and many times wanting to order my wheels since early August without ANY replies.

I contacted a local shop here in So. Cal last week, and I am happy to report that I have put in my order of wheels. So far, they have been very consistent in helping me with the order, and everytime I call, I am met with prompt answers to my questions and friendly attitudes. I will report back in a few weeks when my wheel comes in. I have a good feeling, so hopefully everything works out.

It just goes to show, GT is NOT the only place to get your import wheels..,
Old 11-02-01, 06:46 PM
TX GS
Driver

I would go so far as to say GT is not the place for any purchases.

Quick Reply: GTAutosports nightmare......