Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

GTAutosports nightmare......

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-01, 02:41 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious, GT autosport, has there been any history of legal problems associated with them? Or is this problem just started recently?
Old 11-06-01, 03:07 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tinygs,

Just curious in case this ever happens to me but with your situation you got damaged product do you then send it back to GT and then wait for credit back from your CC company or do you just hold on to the wheels in question..

Luckily nothing like this as ever happened but I might be in the market to buy Donnell-5 wheels and I can't find a local dealer here in the Toronto area that can source them for me.. Therefore I might have to use the web in order to get them but after hearing your problems I am worried what might happen..

Much thanks for any info you can provide!

Ken
Old 11-06-01, 08:56 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Tinygs,

Just curious in case this ever happens to me but with your situation you got damaged product do you then send it back to GT and then wait for credit back from your CC company or do you just hold on to the wheels in question..

Luckily nothing like this as ever happened but I might be in the market to buy Donnell-5 wheels and I can't find a local dealer here in the Toronto area that can source them for me.. Therefore I might have to use the web in order to get them but after hearing your problems I am worried what might happen..

Much thanks for any info you can provide!

Ken
1- Before now, I didnt know that a consumer had protection from damaged goods through a source other than the retailer. But, after contacting my CC company they said "NO PROBLEM".
You will do yourself a favor and add a layer of buying protection if you purchase with a CC. Because, if the retailer turns out to be unreliable, untimely, and unaccountable you are not STUCK without a course of action in recovering your money or getting replacement merchandise. In my case, on the back of my CC statement, there was a list of possible reasons for disputing a charge. One of them was "merchandise damaged upon delivery".
All I had to do was check the appropriate box on the statement, attach a letter and mail it to the CC company... Credit Card companies have heard ALL possible scenarios you can throw at them, especially "the case of the flaky retailer"...(its a best seller) I would assume that it will take any credit card company a few weeks to recover a customers money. But, for example, weigh that 4-5 week waiting period VS. where I would be had I paid cash in the form of a wire transfer, etc. Well, that situation would be FUBAR!!
2- During my conversation with the CC rep, I was instructed NOT to ship anything anywhere until I hear from them. I was also told that they will not be dealing with the retailer on ANY level, but that they only deal with banks....I did ask what I should do if the retailer decides to step up to the plate and present a satisfactory resolution before the CC company has finished the re-credit process.. The CC company said call them and the claim is stopped immediately. This is why I am at a loss for words as to
WHY Dave has never ONCE picked up the phone to make an attempt at resolving this. He does make mention of some sort of compensation BEYOND just having the wheels repaired, but, he has yet to pick up the phone and iron this out. At this point
(2 weeks after receipt of the damaged wheels) I cannot see myself negotiating anything with GT...
Old 11-07-01, 01:58 AM
blownIS200
Pole Position

well ive had an email from David,he says that he has already done me a good turn cos he paid my shipping...........bollocks

if i pay an extra 7%,but have to wait 5 months,(its was ment to be quick)but i dont get recredited because dave says he has paid the shipping wheres my 7% then?................................

he dosnt see that i have paid it and waited 5 months the mans a ****ing fool
its ok cos the police are involved again,what did Mr Rollings say to you Tinygs
Old 11-07-01, 08:17 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

ive heard about some negative stuff about GT Auto too. You may want to get with the Supra guys, and the new celi guys, all have had problems with GT Autosports, i definatly will not buy from them, and yes always use a credit card to protect yourself.
Old 11-07-01, 04:43 PM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another GTAutosport victim.
Man, so sorry about your situation Tiny.
I had some problems of my own with Dave a long time ago and me and fairuza11 had talks about him too.

Everyone just needs to stay away from GTA
Old 11-21-01, 07:51 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

UP.....just because Im still bitter...
Old 11-21-01, 01:58 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you settle all this mess?
Old 11-21-01, 02:41 PM
RacingAristo

I wonder how Dave maintains his business if all I've heard is negative. Maybe he's running GTA as his hobbit or something.

Old 11-21-01, 02:50 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

damn that sucks that things have not been cleared up yet... have you tried callin him and trappin him on the phone? That is what I did... and he had to talk to me....
Old 11-22-01, 01:41 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

I left everything to my CC company....I will be re-credited within the next 3 weeks...
I totally gave up on trying to get it resolved through GT. I just left it to my CC company.....It is too much BS to even attempt to try and deal with GT. Again, I have not been able to get in contact with GT via telephone since the damaged wheels arrived 10-26-01, nor has Dave made an attempt to call me...
My last e-mail was sent 11-1-01 and was never responded to...
It will be funny when Daves bank contacts him to say that he owes them $4582 because they just re-credited my bank.....
Wish I could be there to see the look...
Old 11-23-01, 07:10 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And you still have teh wheels? lol

Just keep it for a year and hope he doesn't want it back before his right to sue expires...lol

Anyway, glad you have your money back
Old 11-26-01, 03:55 AM
Static911

So, tinygs, did you return the damaged rims + tires back yet since they are recrediting back your CC?

If not, I'll gladly get them off your hands. J/k!

Glad to hear EVERYTHING is gonna be ok.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for GTA.

edit: oops, didn't read retro's post Actually, I skipped his post for some reason...

static911
Old 12-14-01, 09:56 AM
search
Driver School Candidate

Add me to the list of people that are long overdue for wheels from David Nogales. I ordered wheels from him back in July and I am still waiting. I am out $3004.00 in the meantime. I haven't been able to contact him since October. He told me six weeks and it has been six months! Has anyone ever not gotten something from him at all? I will let you know if I ever get my wheels...
Old 12-14-01, 12:02 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

if i was you m8 i would contact

grollings@ci.scottsdale.az.us

he is dealing with mine and a few other peoples dealings with GT Autosports,He is very intrested with the practices that GTA have got,
he is a member of scottsdale police department

it took me 6 months to get my wheels,im still waiting for the centre caps

Quick Reply: GTAutosports nightmare......