Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

GTAutosports nightmare......

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-01 | 12:31 PM
search
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by blownIS200
if i was you m8 i would contact

grollings@ci.scottsdale.az.us

he is dealing with mine and a few other peoples dealings with GT Autosports,He is very intrested with the practices that GTA have got,
he is a member of scottsdale police department

it took me 6 months to get my wheels,im still waiting for the centre caps
Thanks for the contact information blownIS200 . I have sent an email off to him with my story. What did he say he can do? Why can't David even put a message on his machine that lets you know you are calling GTAutosports? Several times lately I have tried to call him and I get a message that his VM is full and won't accept any more messages. I know he checking his messages because I call the next day and it is not full anymore. I wish I had found this forum before I sent my money. In a way I almost feel better knowing I am not the only one that is having problems contacting David.

-Randolph
Old 12-14-01 | 02:49 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

It is easily the worst example of customer service by a retailer that I have ever heard of. Plain and simple, Dave RUNS from you if he knows he doesnt have any good news......
You have to keep your customers up to speed on the status of their order/orders. Also, mail order law requires that a vendor contact the consumer no later than the close of business on the LAST estimated ship date. You must then offer the consumer 2 options:
1-"Mr. or Ms. customer, I am contacting you to inform you that your order will not ship by the original estimated ship date. You may cancel this order and recieve a prompt refund if you desire."
2-"Or, we will continue to work towards getting your order shipped asap. Your new estimated ship date will be XYZ....
I apologize for this inconvenience, but I have to offer you the opportunity to cancel to satisfy mail order law"......

This is not verbatim, but these are the options that MUST be offered to the customer....

The reason Dave never returns e-mails or phone calls is because he knows the majority of people will only wait sooo long. When I asked for a return shipping address and a prompt refund for DAMAGED goods, he REFUSED to supply me with this info.....I was in shock, I figured that when I let him know the wheels were damaged, he would want to IMMEDIATELY try and compensate me with an AIR-FREIGHTED set to save face.......Bottom line, he knew they were damaged, and also thought that it would be out of his hair if he went ahead and shipped them to me.....
Dont screw around with this guy, call your CC company, it is the only SAFE, SURE, course of action.

Last edited by tinygs; 12-14-01 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-15-01 | 03:24 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Just wait man...you might get to keep the rims and the money. I think its a year that you have to wait till vendor's ability to take any legal action expires. Any lawers here?
Old 12-15-01 | 03:38 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

ugh so where are the damaged wheels at? did you send them back? or do you still have them?

thats SUCKS man i am sorry to hear it
Old 12-16-01 | 04:08 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by fairuza11
ugh so where are the damaged wheels at? did you send them back? or do you still have them?

thats SUCKS man i am sorry to hear it
As of right now, my CC company says that this will reach its finality by the end of this coming week.(12/17-12/21)
They instructed me early on NOT to ship anything until they authorized it and we had money in hand........It is a pain but beats the crap out of the litigation that it would have taken had I wired GTA cash for the wheels. After my original claim, I had to write a second (extremely detailed) letter to my CC company
'just in case". It makes sense though, because with a claim of this size I want there to be NO recourse for GTA.

Bottom line: GTA knowingly shipped me damaged wheels, and from what I can gather, Dave thought I would either just blow it off, or not have what it took to persue this to the END.....
What a poor decision........
Old 12-16-01 | 04:14 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

tingys did you get your plastic spacer rings that go in the wheel hub to centralise the wheels................i never and now i cannot fit them under german law...........*******

and im still waiting for the centre caps
Old 12-16-01 | 05:08 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Absolutely not.....I was sent four sets of two hub rings....Meaning that I did not have four to match one another....You must have four matching sized hub rings for four identically sized hubs..... I also received three wheels with matching Work stems and one that had some ghetto make-shift stem....
Dave claimed he was going to send me everything...
"Sure buddy, I believe you"....NOT!
Old 12-17-01 | 05:03 PM
search
Driver School Candidate

Hey blownIS200-

I sent an email to grollings@ci.scottsdale.az.us but I haven't
gotten a reply. Is there a number that I can contact them?

Does anyone live near Phoenix/Scottsdale that wants to make some easy money? Check out these address to see if they can find Dave. I am not sure what the first address is, it was listed when I looked up who owned www.gtautosports.com.

David Nogales
3217 N. Desoto St.
Chandler , AZ 85224

This is the business address:

GTAutosports
8655 E. Via De Ventura
Suite G-200
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

I did a search and there are a lot of businesses at this address even some with the same suite #. When I sent my check Fed-Ex it was signed for by a B. Hudgens. Why won't this guy return emails/faxes/voicemails? You can only give him the benefit of the doubt for so long. He just has a complete lack of respect for his customers.
Old 12-21-01 | 05:04 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Hahahahah, I was just sitting here browsing CL and an e-mail came through from GTA...
I have had no correspondance from them since 11-1-01....No e-mail and most of all no PHONE CALL.... I already sent the wheels back to them as of Wed.(12-19-01) of this week, and my CC company is just waiting for proof of an attempted delivery to re-credit my money (regardless of whether or not they refuses delivery).........What a joke, I suspect this is why he is trying to contact me now...UNBELIEVABLE!!!...Anyway, here is the e-mail I got followed by my response....Keep in mind, this came out of the blue, I have made no attempt at contacting GTA since 11-1-01 when I gave up.....Notice its still just an e-mail, no phone call....

GTA: When can you have these available to pick-up for repair? Discount won't compensate for the damages until they have an estimate for repair and I can't resolve this issue without the compensation from Discount. If you'd like to work around this please contact the Visa card company you used to make purchase and they can help you. Again, I apologize for any
and all inconvenience that has caused.

Thanks
David N.
gtautosports.com

My response: I received the wheels on 10-26-01. I immediately informed you (even though you ALREADY knew) that ALL 4 of the wheels were damaged, obviously during the mounting of the tires. I also outlined to you that the stems were mismatched, and I didnt have all the necessary hub-centering rings. I have
since discovered that you sent me the Work A-disc(std.) type instead of the O-disc (low) type as we discussed numerous times for the REAR wheels.(That is beside the point though) Between 10-26-01 and 11-01-01, I attempted to call you and e-mail you numerous times to resolve this issue, and you chose
not to give me the necessary information to proceed with a return and refund, or to call me to attempt monetary compensation. My CC company has had control of this claim since 11-01-01......
Dave you are TOO late to even be attempting to resolve this....The wheels are in route to you via UPS as of Wed.12-19-01. Should you choose to refuse to accept the shipment it will not matter. It is my legal right, which I pointed out to you numerous times, to return damaged goods. My CC company
will also receive a copy of this e-mail and a copy of the confirmation that UPS either delivered, or attempted to deliver the FOUR damaged wheels, which is all that is required to recover my funds.....
Am I imagining things, or do you not even read the e-mails I send you or listen to the voice mails I leave you? When you reply(only via e-mail for reasons unknown), you dodge every question, and ignore every concern that I have.
I will reiterate once and for all: You had MORE than ample opportunity to resolve this issue, and I begged you to do so. It is out of my hands at this point. Thank You, Chris

Last edited by tinygs; 12-21-01 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-22-01 | 09:52 AM
blownIS200
Pole Position

at least you have got an email back(lol)im still waiting for an answer from him regards my centering rings and centre caps,i swear if i was in the states i would have come down to his address and kicked his *** by now,
Old 12-23-01 | 01:39 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

tiny, you've shown everyone here how important it is to stand up for your rights. That's great.

As for Dave, I guess he won't be so busy anymore, because aftera all these discussion, i'm sure no one will ever go to him for wheels again......

that sucks. Well at least they had great prices
Old 12-23-01 | 05:39 AM
black sc
Pole Position

There are some complaints you can do such, as the Postal Inspector and some other places even, though it has nothing to do with the delivery. They and other agencies now handle internet commerce transactions. A attempt to regulate internet purchases and business.. You'll have to look it up in the search engine. I lost the references to all the agencies you can complain to. These guys made it rough for you. Return the favor.

This is such a bad way of doing business. Sorry, to hear about your problems.

Last edited by black sc; 12-23-01 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-23-01 | 08:16 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb

I'm glad you were served a lil' justice thru your CC company. Where is GTA located anyway?

So where are you going to get your next set of wheels from?
Old 12-26-01 | 10:33 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by search
Hey blownIS200-

This is the business address:

GTAutosports
8655 E. Via De Ventura
Suite G-200
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

I sent my wheels to the return address that was on the original packaging(the above address).....The UPS web-site says the following:
RECEIVER MOVED, NOT DELIVERED;ADDRESS CORRECTED, DELIVERY RESCHEDULED........
They are re-scheduled for delivery on 12-27-01... When I get the new address through UPS I will post it for those of you who want some accountability from GTA....
Old 12-26-01 | 01:05 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

cheers............

Quick Reply: GTAutosports nightmare......