Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

GTAutosports nightmare......

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-02, 03:52 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garnet-thanks for the kind words.... unless one has $$$ growing from their backyard, i absolutely detest those who take advantage of others...hopefuly none of us need to go thru what tiny had to dealt with..thanks to tiny for sharing his ordeal with us. to me, whether it is $20 or $2k, if the retailer cannot deliver excellent goods and service, a price quote does not mean $hxt....

tiny had more patience in that particular situation. if it were to happen to me, i would have called FBI/the authority long ago...POWER to all cl members...
Old 05-05-02, 08:11 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SPEAK OUT!

Originally posted by garnet92
Once again, the value of CL shines through the crap-laden haze of internet transactions.

Personal and grateful thanks to gs4will and Tinygs – I had already contacted GTAutosports and received a (good) quote on Aststadt wheels. I was gathering some additional information about the wheels before ordering and (luckily) posted here who had quoted me a price. Gs4will reminded me of Tinygs’s ordeal and when I checked with Tiny, he referred me to the original (very long) thread and I re-read every post. Maybe GTA does something right (???), but selling to consumers via the web apparently isn’t one of them.

There is political strength in numbers – seems like Ethan mentioned some 6,000 members belong to CL – a sizeable group. Maybe some kind of vendor rating system could be put in place. You’d want to be sensitive to any legal ramifications, but just act as a centralized clearing-house for subjective member comments. Some, like Steve at Carson Toyota would have a lot of positive comments, indicating that members could deal with him in confidence. Others like GTA wouldn’t fare so well.

Customer satisfaction is what built my business, it’s had a great deal to do with the Lexus’ success. When someone screws you, you can’t just bend over and take it – you’ve gotta fight back - letting others know about your experience could save CL brothers and sisters from similar pain. SPEAK OUT!

My .35 cents worth.
Thats a GREAT idea!!!!!
Supraforums has something similare but exludes Dealers/Retailers for some reason. Theirs is simply a forum called Buyer/Seller ratings..... This is even better because it would allow the seller to recognize a good/bad experience he/she had with the buyer as well.........I think dealers/retailers should be included though.
Old 05-06-02, 09:39 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They have feedback forums like that on one of the car audio boards I frequent. There's a seperate one for private party classified type deals and another one for feedback on vendors and dealers. It's real nice, if you're considering dealing with someone, you can search for their name and see if anyone else has had good or bad experiences with them. It can help weed out the crooks and reassure you about the honest people. I think this is a valuable addition to any forum if possible; I'd like to see it here if they had the time and space to add it.
Old 05-06-02, 11:30 AM
Static911

Yeah, we will be implementing something like that on clubLexus in about 6 months (first, I gotta take care of the website itself)..

I will prob be doing a more like resellerrating.com for vendors and and possible using heatware.com type of deal for individuals.

Ethan
Old 10-01-02, 07:18 PM
cmc5dc
Driver

What was the final outcome, did your CC take care of you?
Old 10-02-02, 04:10 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by cmc5dc
What was the final outcome, did your CC take care of you?
Absolutely.....but it took about 12 weeks....
They should never have had to be involved though......
Old 06-07-04, 10:27 PM
omegagavin
Driver

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
where is Dave? Does he have an office?

Someone should go there to see what he's doing......
See what he's doing? Sounds like he's smokin' crack. It doesn't seem as if he's aware of what day it is. His emails to Chris are completely out of sync with the current state of the transaction. How do these halfass middlemen ever dupe anyone into trusting them?
Old 06-08-04, 06:21 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A flash from the past
Old 06-08-04, 09:24 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had to omegagavin ...ive been guilty myself

but it was a good read
Attached Thumbnails GTAutosports nightmare......-old-thread.jpg  

Last edited by T.L.W.; 06-08-04 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-08-04, 10:45 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, tiny iam not sure on what to say it was a very good story , with a very good out come you got your $$$$ back .thanks tiny for sharing this i have read all 8 pages and i learned alot from your posts . but i too had the same experience when i purchased my wheels the owner of the wheel shop mounted 3 out of 4 wheels and tires for me and a tire jockey decided to mount the forth and the same thing happened to my wheel damage around the lip mine was minor but i flew off the handle and they had to send my wheel out to get the scratch polished out thank god we have 1 of the best wheel repair shops here in town. so i wanted to say thanks and good luck with your next wheel purchase !!!!
Old 06-08-04, 10:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally posted by omegagavin
See what he's doing? Sounds like he's smokin' crack. It doesn't seem as if he's aware of what day it is. His emails to Chris are completely out of sync with the current state of the transaction. How do these halfass middlemen ever dupe anyone into trusting them?

Uhh Gavin, this one is almost two years old (started three years ago) and GSAutosports.com has been out of business for some time. Perhaps Dave's emails have finally got in sync with the current state .

This thread is closed to prevent further outcry over a long dead situation.