Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

evil knockoffs

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-01, 09:02 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default evil knockoffs

I was reading this article on Overboost.com about SEMA coverage, and there it shows -- "Nakayama Racing Sports is introducing an entire line of new alloy wheels for 2002."

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=449

I see SSR Integral, Advan Kreuzer Series V, and other imitations.

What a geek stand. Can't believe they got the guts to display those rims in public.
Old 11-05-01, 09:50 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G,

does any of the wheel that you mentioned has official presence at sema? i have never being to a sema show, and just wondering about this?:eek: just imagine the ssr, yoko, bridgestones from japan all display their original designs in the show, and couple lanes down, visitors are greeted the "look alike" wheels again...
Old 11-05-01, 10:11 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by gs4will
G,

does any of the wheel that you mentioned has official presence at sema? i have never being to a sema show, and just wondering about this?:eek: just imagine the ssr, yoko, bridgestones from japan all display their original designs in the show, and couple lanes down, visitors are greeted the "look alike" wheels again...
I don't know about those official companies, if someone imitated my design I would get pissed off!

And If I am the owner of Nakayamasaki or something I would be embarrassed as heck.:eek:
Old 11-05-01, 10:18 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some of the wheels on display are not new to me..:eek: they already appeared in 2000 tokyo auto salon.......with the original design co name...
Old 11-09-01, 02:38 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Don't you love it when people steal designs and make money of other people's work? If just ONE of the original design companys sucessfully SUED some of these knock off companies, maybe it would all come to a end (one can only hope).

I would LOVE to see all these knock off wheel companies go under because they have to pay the original designers...
Old 11-12-01, 10:16 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manaray---i totally agree with you there. Maybe some lawsuits would set some of those companies straight. What pisses me off to no extent is all the Lowenhart LD1 knockoff's---especially the ones by Katana Racing---their whole line of wheels are knockoff's