Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

what is quality of iForged wheels ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-07, 04:07 PM
RacerLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excuse my being blunt but iForged quality is not that great. I have seen the wheels come in from CL group buys and the quality is just not there. You can see blemishes/inconsistencies in the finish and clear coat. Put it this way, I was excited about iForged until I saw them in person. IMHO, they are HRE copy cats. (did I say that out loud?)

No disrespect to those that have iForged...
Old 02-08-07, 10:52 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emoshun
Funny how the iForged line mimics the HRE line in so many ways...
Originally Posted by RacerLex
Excuse my being blunt but iForged quality is not that great. I have seen the wheels come in from CL group buys and the quality is just not there. You can see blemishes/inconsistencies in the finish and clear coat. Put it this way, I was excited about iForged until I saw them in person. IMHO, they are HRE copy cats. (did I say that out loud?)

No disrespect to those that have iForged...
That is why i called them i-Forgery
Old 02-08-07, 11:10 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

I guess bolting on 3 pieces together can be technically called "making a wheels in the USA".
Old 02-08-07, 12:20 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

And HRE wheels arent the greatest quality either. My friend broke his spokes while launching at the strip on 335 drag radials in his viper.

If you go to any viper forum, just search and there are plenty others that have had the same problems.
Old 02-08-07, 12:47 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 310 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by DETUNED
And HRE wheels arent the greatest quality either. My friend broke his spokes while launching at the strip on 335 drag radials in his viper.
How much hp does his Viper have?
Old 02-08-07, 02:49 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DETUNED
...HRE wheels arent the greatest quality either. My friend broke his spokes while launching at the strip on 335 drag radials in his viper...
No shyite? Really? Launching on the strip with 500+ hp you should have enough common sense to be sporting 1 piece aluminum drag wheels...

By your friends logic, might as well put some 22" Daytons on a Top Fuel Car...
Old 02-11-07, 01:41 AM
2FiVE8
Driver

I Forged And Hre Are Made By The Same Independent Rim Manufacturer In San Diego Area, Thats Why They All Look Alike, You Can Even Buy I Forged Which Can Be Cheaper Then Put Hre Center Caps In There Cuz Its The Same Specs, The Only Difference Is That Hre Has A History In Its Name So They Can Charge More For The Rims.
Old 02-11-07, 02:34 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Some said "Korean barrel and American center plate".
Some said "foreign material and American forged".
Some said "business run by Taiwanese".
Some said "assembled and made in USA"
I say "it is good enough and everyone is copying each other".
Old 02-11-07, 07:52 AM
LexFather

guys every company is going to have wheel failures.... I-forged and HRE make great quality wheels.
Old 02-11-07, 12:50 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by emoshun
No shyite? Really? Launching on the strip with 500+ hp you should have enough common sense to be sporting 1 piece aluminum drag wheels...

By your friends logic, might as well put some 22" Daytons on a Top Fuel Car...
Alot of factory cars nowadays have 500+hp, so 1 piece aluminum drag wheels wont fix anything, plus most drag wheels are either 2 piece or 3 piece.

It's the torque that broke his spokes, he had 8xxrwhp and 1000 torque. I for one, had 830rwhp and had 3 piece ccw clasics on my car and never had a problem.

As for the guy saying that HRE's and I forged are the exact same, I disagree, I can tell very easily which are which even if you remove the centercap. HRE's are indeed a higher quality wheel and you can see it.
Old 02-11-07, 06:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2FiVE8
I Forged And Hre Are Made By The Same Independent Rim Manufacturer In San Diego Area, Thats Why They All Look Alike, You Can Even Buy I Forged Which Can Be Cheaper Then Put Hre Center Caps In There Cuz Its The Same Specs, The Only Difference Is That Hre Has A History In Its Name So They Can Charge More For The Rims.
That is not at all true or accurate, and I only make this distinction because it is not fair to either company. Personal opinions aside they have established themselves respectively and deserve more than to be lumped in the same pot as 100% identical and manufactured by the same company.
Old 02-11-07, 06:45 PM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Modular Society in Vista, CA is the company that manufactures the inner barrels for Iforged, DPE, etc. That is why they all look for the most part, alike.
Old 02-11-07, 09:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
I guess bolting on 3 pieces together can be technically called "making a wheels in the USA".
so are you saying that the pieces are not made in the US?

bring on proofs so people will believe you, otherwise it's not doing you any good. last time i checked the wheels were not from the same comapny
Old 02-12-07, 08:50 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IS2Fizzle
Modular Society in Vista, CA is the company that manufactures the inner barrels for Iforged, DPE, etc. That is why they all look for the most part, alike.
Well, HRE doesn't buy rim parts from Modular Society (which is really ARS). They come from another source here in the USA and utilize a different alloy.

Besides, the CENTERS really determine the look of the wheel, not the rim sections.

I love it when guys say "they're forged, and they're aluminum, they're all the same." The DESIGN and ENGINEERING of the wheels ultimately determines quality.

As far as the Viper story, how old were those wheels? My bet is that they were several years old. FATIGUE is the killer of wheels; race wheels have a finite life span, and should be inspected after each race and REPLACED regularly. Even steel NASCAR wheels have been known to fail.

I love how people post facts like this as if theirs was the first wheel to have ever failed. I have seen failures with BBS, Lorinser, Kinesis... you name it.
Old 02-12-07, 09:19 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 310 Likes on 188 Posts

Bob, what is the average life span of non-race wheels like my 447R's for instance?

Quick Reply: what is quality of iForged wheels ?