Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

what is quality of iForged wheels ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 06:26 AM
skeet94
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Forging process makes all the difference - even the material does. Also metal fatigue killing alloys - on a street driven car this shouldn't happen as such but on a track/drag car this is well known.

If you're after a set of good wheels on a high performance car and/or for spirited driving I'd say stick to a good brand name company which has been proven over and over again. BBS, HRE, Work, Volk, Advan, etc.

In this regard you do get something with "brand" names - no such thing as a quality forged wheel for cheap/unknown brand.

I was shocked when I went over a BAD pothole at 30+mph (one square foot and about 4" deep) and the whole car BOUNCED - had it all inspected...tires and suspension and all is well but was surprised when the wheels weren't damaged in any way whatsoever.

As said above stick to wheels that have been proven - just because a wheel costs alot doesn't mean it's superior...just because a wheel is forged doesn't mean it's made with the best forging method.

As for iForged - I've heard good and bad things. Alot of people have complained about the quality of the wheel, and I do agree after having seen a set in person here in the UK (someone who imported them over for a R32 Skyline GTR) where the wheels do NOT compare to my Veilside rims in terms of quality. Let's just say the wheels were sold off and another set of wheels were bought to replace them - WITHOUT ever mounting or balancing the iForged.

Although there are ALOT of people who have said alot of positive things about them too. I guess it's a 50/50 chance and well Customer Service is said to suck if things should go wrong.

50/50 chance in quality with BAD Customer Service = not good. OTOH if there were no quality issues and BAD Customer Service I wouldn't mind as such.

My 2pennies

Last edited by skeet94; 02-15-07 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Adding "My 2pennies"
Old 02-15-07, 05:22 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When it comes to wheels, Bob is the man. I've not gotten BS from him and usually his info comes first hand.
Old 02-15-07, 06:58 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
What grade aluminum alloy does Iforged use?
6061-T6 is the grade used

And as far as all the other comments go, to each his own. I can speak as a person that has owned more than 1 set of iFORGED and had friends with them. The wheels are very strong and I have confirmed this in the inner city of NYC, there is no proving ground as abusive as that. I will just leave that part there.

As far as customer service goes, that is individual to every dealer, but we stand behind and support our customers the absolute best we can, so that goes quite a long way.

In all honesty as Bob has said there are alot of unfounded comments and tecnical terms being tossed around out of context so I wont even waste time addressing each one tit for tat.

I hope this can help with some real world experience, have a good one guys
Old 02-15-07, 10:30 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
6061-T6 is the grade used
Thank you. And is 6061-T6 the top grade alloy currently for wheels?
Old 02-16-07, 06:44 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only speak from experience, I have had my iForged Daytonas for almost 2 years now and now problems so far. They have held up extremely well and I am also surprised that I havent bent them yet. I have been really happy with them and would order another set in the future, from D2 of course