Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Will this set-up rub???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-01, 05:32 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this set-up rub???

The following would be used with Eibach 1.25" drop......
19x8.5"F +38 high-disc 245/35/19(I know this will not rub)
19x10.5"R +41 std.-disc 285/30/19(This is the size in question..)

The other two rear alternatives would be either:
19x10" +47 offset std.-disc 275/30or35/19 (might be too far to the "shock side")
19x10" +35 offset std.-disc 275/30or35/19 (might be too far to the "street side")
Old 11-14-01, 01:56 AM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Tiny, good to see your back on the hunt for wheels after all you been through.19's this time very nice.Personally I would Go 19x8.5,19x10.I went 19x9,19x10 with no prob.
Old 11-14-01, 02:01 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tiny,

i would take 19x10, +35, 275/30/19. manaray would probably give more accurate answers.

will
Old 11-14-01, 05:14 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gs4will
Tiny,

i would take 19x10, +35, 275/30/19. manaray would probably give more accurate answers.

will
Well, I might as well air which wheel that is....(I hear Manaray ripping me already) Those possibilities are for the Dronnell Type-1 again....
After looking at the Work Equip in my garage yesterday many times, I decided I will either be re-ordering them through Hiro, or looking at something with an even bigger lip. The front Work Equip lip is a hair over 25mm(1 inch), and the rear is a hair over 50mm(2inches).
The Dronell Type-1 front lip w/high-disc is 41mm(almost 1 3/4 inches), and the rear is a whopping 77mm(almost 3 1/10 inches)
That extra inch on the lip gives a really tough, aggressive look IMO.... Only problem is that Dronnel is too proud of their wheel. The 19" Type-1 costs as much as the 20" Work wheels......Probably not worth it.....
I still love the RH C-5 and IMO, the fact that it is now a special order makes it "not played out". But, its largest diameter is also 19" and its lip is not very large in comparison to the Dronell...
Having spoken to Steve at Carson yesterday, he made mention of a possible HRE with "reverse lip" in the very near future...Manaray, he also said you would know more. Is this top secret or can you elaborate on that??? I would LOOOOOVE some 20" HRE 545's with reverse lip.....SWEEET!!!

Last edited by tinygs; 11-14-01 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-15-01, 07:46 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

hey Tiny, after I saw the equipps in person, i was amazed by its deep lip, I dunno if the one I see is with super low disk or custom made by work, but the lip is a whopping 3.5 inches. That's by far the biggest lip I saw on any rims, Dronell doesn't come close to it.

Hiro's price is nice only if you fully know the true market price, otherwised, be careful = ). Dronell rims cost as much as work? not likely, after a few bargains.

seriously tho, I haven't seen any rims' lips bigger than the one I see in the Work Equip
Old 11-15-01, 03:54 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gsintensive
hey Tiny, after I saw the equipps in person, i was amazed by its deep lip, I dunno if the one I see is with super low disk or custom made by work, but the lip is a whopping 3.5 inches. That's by far the biggest lip I saw on any rims, Dronell doesn't come close to it.

Hiro's price is nice only if you fully know the true market price, otherwised, be careful = ). Dronell rims cost as much as work? not likely, after a few bargains.

seriously tho, I haven't seen any rims' lips bigger than the one I see in the Work Equip

Whats up GSI???? How are you? Good to hear from you.
What size was the Work Equip that you saw? Was it a 20", and was it on a GS? When you look on the Work site, they give you three choices for disc type: A,O, and R....A=Standard disc, O=low disc, and R=High disc. For my fronts I got R-type (high disc), and my rears are O-type(low disc)
Dont get me wrong, the rear lip is nice but it is not 3.5". Hiro sent me an e-mail confirming that the info Dave gave me is correct and matches the data on the Work web-site.
The lips that I got are the same that would be applicable for a SupraTT as well. HI98GS has the same set-up that I got but in 19". He purchased his set when he had a SupraTT and used it on that car before getting the GS and putting the Equips on it.
Look at www.AKTusa.com at the Dronell Type-1, the rear lip measures 77mm(3 1/10"). The measurements for the lips on the Equips is 53mm(2 1/10").
Please let me know where you saw the Equips and on what car...Im interested to know because I may still re-order the Equips... Before I pull the trigger I will talk to you, Manaray, Will, and Hiro some more. Thank in advance, Tiny

Last edited by tinygs; 11-15-01 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-15-01, 05:38 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Tiny,

i still remember the moment when GSI called me while i was watching tv. he saw a GS with i think 19" equips with the BIGGEST lip that he has ever seen.

i have a xerox copy of the Equps application guide. as you said, if you have/ or plan to do supra tt breaks, the front lip would be quite small. the GS wei saw prob has the low/std disk. if i were to do the following, the lip would be quite deep:

for low disk
19x9 +45(58mm lip) front
19x10 +45(70 mm) rear

or 19x9, +33(70mm lip)
19x10, +33(83mm lip) ; i am not sure if +33 offset would work though. but this is the biggest lip that i can get for the 19s. i copied this info from the catalog apploication guide.

for std disk
19x9, +38(58mm lip)
19x10, +38(70mm lip)

william
Old 11-15-01, 06:38 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Tiny,

i still remember the moment when GSI called me while i was watching tv. he saw a GS with i think 19" equips with the BIGGEST lip that he has ever seen.

i have a xerox copy of the Equps application guide. as you said, if you have/ or plan to do supra tt breaks, the front lip would be quite small. the GS wei saw prob has the low/std disk. if i were to do the following, the lip would be quite deep:

for low disk
19x9 +45(58mm lip) front
19x10 +45(70 mm) rear

or 19x9, +33(70mm lip)
19x10, +33(83mm lip) ; i am not sure if +33 offset would work though. but this is the biggest lip that i can get for the 19s. i copied this info from the catalog apploication guide.

for std disk
19x9, +38(58mm lip)
19x10, +38(70mm lip)

william
Thanks Will. Can you do me a favor?
Look at the catalog and tell me what the lip measurements are for the following:
20x8.5" F +40 offset R-type(high-disc)
20x9.5" R +41 offset O-type(low-disc) and
20x10" R +42 offset O-type(low-disc)

The web-site does NOT give the lip sizes so I dont know what they are in the catalog. Is it possible that there is a disc type that is NOT shown on the web-site(maybe a super low-disc?), or is it possible the 20" applications dont have as large a lip as 19"???? Ive looked at the close-ups of HI98GS 19" wheels and they dont have 3 inch lips either.....
Thanks, Tiny
Old 11-15-01, 07:00 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Tiny,

oh oh, i was afraid that you would ask me for info on the 20s:eek: the shop who make the copies for me only had the 2000 catalogue, whcih does not have 20s available yet at that time. may be you can ask hiro, adn have him tell you all the possible fittment, on all types of disk set up. or just ask him what would be the biggest lip available ahd you gone for the std breaks. but this prob is not a good idea since you already have the good supra tt breaks.

i completely undersatnd what you are saying that the equips have too small of a lip. as you said, ricky's 19s wheels do not have that much lip either due to the supar breaks...and from the web site, there are only 3 diff type of disks that you mentioned
Old 11-15-01, 07:09 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Tiny,

oh oh, i was afraid that you would ask me for info on the 20s:eek: the shop who make the copies for me only had the 2000 catalogue, whcih does not have 20s available yet at that time. may be you can ask hiro, adn have him tell you all the possible fittment, on all types of disk set up. or just ask him what would be the biggest lip available ahd you gone for the std breaks. but this prob is not a good idea since you already have the good supra tt breaks.

i completely undersatnd what you are saying that the equips have too small of a lip. as you said, ricky's 19s wheels do not have that much lip either due to the supar breaks...and from the web site, there are only 3 diff type of disks that you mentioned
Thanks again Will, I will call Hiro....
Dont forget that the high-disc for the SupraTT brakes only affects the front... I dont mind a small lip in the front. The place I want the big lip is in the rear, so the high disc fitment does not apply to the rear.
Take a look at this pic of Ricky's wheel, this is the size of the rear lip.(LOW-DISC) I just PM'd Ricky and asked him to use a tape measure and let me know how big the lip is. hahahahaha
https://www.clublexus.com/cgi-bin/cl...PG&img=208&tt=

Even on the pictures I have found on various web-sites, I have never seen an Equip lip bigger than 2 inches. I even asked Dave when I ordered if the lip would be bigger on the 10" wide rear instead of the 9.5" and he said the MM measurement would be the exact same. I REALLY like the way the 20" looks, but, since Im getting another set anyway, I am going to try for bigger lips....Thats why the 77mm on the Dronell Type-1 sounds so good.
I am waiting on pricing and specs from Hiro on the Type-1 19"....
I cannot imagine that they will be as much as the Equip, but, when I got pricing from Dave back in July the Dronell 19" was only a bit less than the 20" Work.....Dronell thinks their wheel is all that....They need to chill out on the prices a little bit. After all, the Hamman PG-III did exist before the Dronell Type-1 so it is sort of a knock-off.......Know what I mean? hahahahaha

Last edited by tinygs; 11-15-01 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-15-01, 07:31 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

it is good that we are talking on the same plane, i know exactly what you mean for the rear, def try to have at least (70mm), it makes a BIG visual difference.

the price on the 19' dronnell is making me GAG....:eek:
Old 11-15-01, 07:53 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am working with HRE to make some LIMITED EDITION 20" reverse lip wheels. However, center design will be limited. I will have some more information soon.

I plan on doing about 10-20 sets, all numbered, avaiable in either brushed or polished (either with a high polished lip). Right now, the only style we've been talking about is a 12 spoke design (looks like the 543 which is what I have)...

Oh, +41 sounds good to me...+33 will most likely rub if you lower the car a good amount...for me, I plan on nearly tucking my rear tire...

If anyone is interested in the HRE deal, PM me. You MUST have the cash...no "maybe, maybe not" type stuff..if you're serious, let me know and I'll help push the deal...

Let me tell you, the reverse lip HRE wheels look HOT (they already make some for Porsche and Ferrari cars)...
Old 11-20-01, 04:12 PM
GSXRAWD
Rookie

these have big lips but the biggest size they go up to is 18"s
Attached Thumbnails Will this set-up rub???-gtp2.jpg  
Old 11-21-01, 04:18 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The reverse lip HRE's will have lip that big but in 20"...
Old 11-27-01, 04:31 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gsintensive

Hey Wei and Will? Whats up fellas?
Can I please ask a favor of either of you? Hiro got back to me with a few specs that I want to verify.....
First, he said that the 20x10" +45 super-low disc Equip has a 70MM lip, compared to the 20x9.5" +41 which has 5x mm lip. But, the Work web-site doesnt give any measurements for comparison sake..
Can you guys, Manaray, or anyone else who knows, please help me verify that? Equip 20x10" +45
Also, www.aktusa.com shows the Dronnell type-1 as 19x10" in either a +35 or a +47 offset. The lip on the +35 is 77mm, and the +47 is 65mm. Does anyone have access to spec sheets for these? Thanks in advance, Tiny

Quick Reply: Will this set-up rub???