Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Pininfarina By BBS Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-07, 09:16 PM
parker770
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pininfarina By BBS Wheels?

Anyone familiar with these wheels? I have an older set, look to be about 15x7, 5 spoke chrome design with the Pininfarina logo cast into the spoke and the center cap, along with "By BBS" Cast in another spoke.

I have tried to find some information on these wheels, and what I can get for them, as they won't clear the LS400 Brakes I am running up front(they came off as soon as I bought the car). I haven't been able to find any to compare them to except in foreign countries, so who knows, maybe they are rare.

Anyone familiar with these? I have attached a couple of pics..... TIA
Attached Thumbnails Pininfarina By BBS Wheels?-phprpzheupm.jpg  

Last edited by parker770; 03-19-07 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-19-07, 09:17 PM
parker770
Rookie

another pic....
Attached Thumbnails Pininfarina By BBS Wheels?-img_0084.jpg  
Old 03-19-07, 09:29 PM
LexFather

Wow, that has to be very very rare. I will try to research tomorrow.
Old 03-19-07, 09:30 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if they were manufactured by BBS. BBS does manufacture OEM wheels for various car manufacturers.

From the BBS website

Original Equipment Manufacturing (O.E.M.)

From cast one-piece wheels, to one-piece forged magnesium, no other wheel company supplies a larger selection of top-quality alloy wheels to the world’s leading car manufacturers. BBS produces wheels for the most basic road vehicles, to the most exotic - and even for numerous factory racing programs. We also supply special three-piece wheels for development or prototype applications.

BBS is the wheel of choice for the world’s fastest and most luxurious vehicles.

Across the globe, manufacturers of high-performance vehicles that demand light but strong wheels rely on BBS quality and technology. From the Ford GT, Ferrari Enzo, and Ferrari 360 Competition—to the Porsche Carrera GT, Subaru STI, and Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR—BBS forged wheel technology is consistently chosen to ensure reliability and maximum performance, no matter what the terrain.

In fact, the manufacturer of one of the world’s most luxurious sport coupes, the Bentley Continental GT, chose forged BBS wheels to provide the type performance this class of vehicle demands.

Our O.E.M clients include:

• AMG • Audi • BMW • Citroen • DaimlerChrysler • Ferrari • Ford • Honda/Acura • Jaguar

• Land Rover • Lexus • Maserati • Mazda • Mitsubishi • Opel • Peugeot • Pininfarina

• Porsche • Renault • Rolls Royce • Saab • Seat • Skoda • Subaru • Toyota • Volkswagen • Volvo
Old 03-19-07, 09:37 PM
parker770
Rookie

Yes, I am certain they are manufactured by BBS, but I am wondering why I can not find any information about these wheels. I have found a few pictures of 17" models of the same wheels mounted on kit car Ferrari replicas. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing Oh well, I guess its worth seeing if they are worth something to someone...
Old 03-20-07, 07:36 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's am older model.
Used to be slightly popular over here in europe a couple of years back.
Old 03-20-07, 01:50 PM
LexFather

I asked VWVortex and they found the answer, please read here. Thanks

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3134724