Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

*****Need Advice on Spacers*****

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 07:01 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *****Need Advice on Spacers*****

Need advice fam......I hope this is the right section, I hope to get more responses? I bought a set of 20mm spacers/adapters with the hub centric ring and studs. Well my wheels which I had to buy the hub rings to fit the stock hub, will not fit into the spacers. My question is it alright for me to just tighten down the lugs into the groove of the wheel/spacer so that it spaces the wheel evenly or should I get the hub centric rigs to fit both the spacer and my wheel? I test drove the car with the spacer on and everything seem to be fine, I just don't want to be traveling down and all of sudden I get a rough ride. Thanks for your help.

-Joe
Old 03-22-07, 06:08 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would go with getting a new ring or something to correct this. I mean, it could be all fine for a while, but you might smack something hard enough to shift the wheel. Unlikely, but can happen. I don't even know what to tell you. I know a lot of people who don't care about anything being hub-centric, and still have no problems with their rims or ride. Do as you feel really, but see if you can get rings to fit the spacer, they might not cost much.
Old 03-22-07, 06:29 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't think the hub ring is that critical for the rear wheels. im assuming that the spacers are going on the rear? using 20mm for the fronts are too big, but thats just my opinion.

you can always get custom rings made to your specs. i've seen them on ebay and they are not that expensive.
Old 03-22-07, 05:30 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks....

Originally Posted by corkycal
i don't think the hub ring is that critical for the rear wheels. im assuming that the spacers are going on the rear? using 20mm for the fronts are too big, but thats just my opinion.

you can always get custom rings made to your specs. i've seen them on ebay and they are not that expensive.

Calvin,

I talked to my wheel guy and he said the same thing, it's not going to hurt anything without them. While I was there, I saw something in the horizon that may end up being on the LEX. Thanks for inputs and others as well.

-Joe