Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

iForged wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 02:06 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iForged wheels?

Have anyone ordered one recently? Any good experiences with it? The guy at my tire shop told me he had a guy who came in with an iforged wheel and it had 2 holes in it, 1 for the valve stems and other one for tpms, I was like what??

I am thinking about getting new wheels from iforged but I want to know if there are any issues with it.
Old 04-02-08, 05:57 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

great quality, ****ty customer service...

it once took me a full week to even talk to someone to get one replacement wheel that had been damaged in shipping... granted, it wasn't their fault, and the shipping company took care of the money, but it took the whole week of calling, getting put on hold, leaving voicemail once a day, to actually talk to someone...

but they sure took my order quick when it was for four wheels...
Old 04-02-08, 06:11 AM
wayneside
Driver

one of my buddies has a set of iforged wheels now and just ordered a new set. his other set are about three years old now with no problems.

i just put in for my first set yesterday and sending the money for them today.
Old 04-02-08, 09:20 AM
Stormwind
Racer

I heard about their ****ty service too but I guess I am ok with it if quality is great since I am buying their wheel and not their service. How about the 2 holes in the wheel that I was told about...is there any truth in that?

Oh and another thing that bugs me is do they still hide the valve stem hole inside the wheel barrel? Because if you have a multi spoke wheel then you will have no way to access it unless you take off the wheel.
Old 04-02-08, 09:39 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

the second hole is for cars that have TPMS...its an option u can add...they hide the valve but placing it where a rivet would go so you think its a rivet...you dont need to take wheel off to access it
Old 04-02-08, 10:23 AM
Stormwind
Racer

BlackGS99- maybe you can chime in on the Tpms thing, why the 2nd hole for it? Couldn't the same hole be used with valve stems and tpms? and I am assuming the 2nd hole will be inside the wheel barrel?
Old 04-02-08, 10:30 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

dont dont believe you can have the valve steam and tpms in the same hole... the hole would be way to big and how would you seal it? they mount the tpms inside the barrel so you can set it...and the valve steam is hiden anyway in with the rivets
Old 04-02-08, 10:35 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Ok thanks for clearing that up I am new to this TPMS thing as my old wheels don't have one.

So how does it differently from oem wheels? I havne't taken off the wheels on my R so I have no idea where they mount the tpms in that one.
Old 04-02-08, 09:56 PM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had a set of 20" Swift's for about 3 years already. Just ordered a set of Neo's which should be arriving next week. No issues w/ them aside from being awesome.

Old 04-02-08, 10:59 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Going on 2-3 years with my set. Besides the pothole damages, once or twice a year, they are pretty good. Don't drive in the rain in them, they collect water in the center and throw off you balance. You can't drive above 55-65mph in the rain. Other than that I love them, but will selling mine soon for some thing different. Oh and a bit*h to keep polished. Be prepared if you get the polished Ones.
Old 04-02-08, 11:37 PM
f22cb9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Ok thanks for clearing that up I am new to this TPMS thing as my old wheels don't have one.

So how does it differently from oem wheels? I havne't taken off the wheels on my R so I have no idea where they mount the tpms in that one.
This is how the TPMS is mounted on the OEM wheel:

Notice it sits in that well and the valve sticks out from the well wall. On most, if not all multi-piece wheels, the barrel will have that well. They drill a hole there for the TPMS to mount. Once mounted, the TMPS valve will point inside, hidden away. If you have stepped lip wheels, you can drill a single hole in the step, which is really the well, put the TPMS in there and use that valve to fill your tires. Though you can drill it on the inside for a cleaner look. But it would need another valve since the TMPS valve will point inward and be hard to get to.

Now most multi-piece wheels have just a hole in the middle of the rim and an elbow shaped valve stem. The stem makes a 90 degree angle bend and extends to the face of the rim, sometimes through a unused rivet hole or a cut out.

On the iforged, or any other wheel company. The drilled hole in the well is for the TPMS and the hole in the middle is for the valve stem.
Old 04-03-08, 09:16 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Wow thanks F22cb9, for clearing that up. That was very informative.
This should be a stickey.

Originally Posted by f22cb9
This is how the TPMS is mounted on the OEM wheel:

Notice it sits in that well and the valve sticks out from the well wall. On most, if not all multi-piece wheels, the barrel will have that well. They drill a hole there for the TPMS to mount. Once mounted, the TMPS valve will point inside, hidden away. If you have stepped lip wheels, you can drill a single hole in the step, which is really the well, put the TPMS in there and use that valve to fill your tires. Though you can drill it on the inside for a cleaner look. But it would need another valve since the TMPS valve will point inward and be hard to get to.

Now most multi-piece wheels have just a hole in the middle of the rim and an elbow shaped valve stem. The stem makes a 90 degree angle bend and extends to the face of the rim, sometimes through a unused rivet hole or a cut out.

On the iforged, or any other wheel company. The drilled hole in the well is for the TPMS and the hole in the middle is for the valve stem.
Old 04-12-08, 03:34 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by black_gs99
dont dont believe you can have the valve steam and tpms in the same hole... the hole would be way to big and how would you seal it? they mount the tpms inside the barrel so you can set it...and the valve steam is hiden anyway in with the rivets
Also they now have TPMS adapters that allow you to fit the sensor to the 3pc valvestem (the one that goes in a 90degree angle and comes out the front), and the 2pc valvestem (the ones that on the inside of the wheel). So there is no need for a 2nd hole.

I have the 3pc ones on my new wheels for the VIPER. I'll post some pics of the adapters later. They are cheap too, 65.00 bucks for a set.
Old 04-12-08, 03:38 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
great quality, ****ty customer service...

it once took me a full week to even talk to someone to get one replacement wheel that had been damaged in shipping... granted, it wasn't their fault, and the shipping company took care of the money, but it took the whole week of calling, getting put on hold, leaving voicemail once a day, to actually talk to someone...

but they sure took my order quick when it was for four wheels...
This is the thing I always tell people about purchasing through a authorized dealer, at the very least WE deal with the calls and followup, etc and the end user only has to make ONE phone call, and then get a timely answer!

I tell my customers NOT to call iFORGED if they have a question, and just call me, because its so hard to get them on the phones.

We have been carrying their stuff since day one so I know how to get answers!
Old 04-20-08, 04:26 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Also they now have TPMS adapters that allow you to fit the sensor to the 3pc valvestem (the one that goes in a 90degree angle and comes out the front), and the 2pc valvestem (the ones that on the inside of the wheel). So there is no need for a 2nd hole.

I have the 3pc ones on my new wheels for the VIPER. I'll post some pics of the adapters later. They are cheap too, 65.00 bucks for a set.
Any updates on the adapters? Ohh and what about HRE...do they need adapters like Iforged?

Quick Reply: iForged wheels?