Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

New wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-02, 10:17 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

manaray,

great info....
on the new ls430/ucf30 series, only the high disk wheel will fit the front due to break caliper clearance as you said..i found out this recently as i search for wheels both for myself and other here...i would like to get a set of rims with fittment for both the LS and GS in the future
Old 02-15-02, 08:51 AM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this mean I'll be paying:

79,000.00 JPY
Japan Yen = $595.096 USD
United States Dollars

Plus Shipping?
Old 02-15-02, 05:40 PM
Zor Prime
Rookie

Wow those Isotta spokes ARE hot. Do you think they will fit on an IS 300? Where can I go to order these Rims? I check Rays web site and they are not listed under any New Rims for Versus.
Old 02-15-02, 09:41 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Zor,

as much as i liek my RAYs, their site is very lame...:eek: the site does not get updated frequent enough..but they still sell enough rims...:eek: many of the 01/02 rims are not even there, though i do see many new offerings in the lastest japanese mags.

you can do 18x7.5 f+r or 18x8 f+r for your IS.

if you like the isotta spokes, take alook at the www.work-wheels.co.jp

work's KH model is very similar and good qulaity too.

william
Old 02-15-02, 11:23 PM
Zor Prime
Rookie

Those wheels are nice. The Isotta just looks a bit nicer. If they are similar in price I would hold out for them. Thanks for the tip. Work has some nice Rims
Old 02-16-02, 04:27 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray
AVS Connoisseur...nice clean classic wheel from a premier manufacturer
Ahhhhhh Grasshopper.... I see these are available in staggered 20" as well.... The only question would be to lip or not to lip...
If I cant find wheels soon that: A-dont take 20 weeks to be delivered, B-come in three piece forged with the specs I want including lip size, and C-dont cost 10000 each, Im giving up!!!!!
The reverse lip 20" HRE 545 is my ideal wheel but even with the help of you and Lee the price is just too much dude.... I need to stay less than 1K per wheel to justify it to myself....Know what I mean? I cant sport a $1500 wheel and a $300-$380 tire on all four corners.... Id never leave the garage.....Ive got to feel comfortable(mentally) on any road/situation and not be burdened by the thought that if any thing happens its $2k to replace.(Insured or not). Is the 20" Silver LECS RCK a decent price?? Isnt that the wheel that Steve can get or was that the TrafficStar DTS?? TIA, Tiny
Old 02-16-02, 06:31 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Tiny, I think Steve or Hiro can get either wheel. I know there are probably some bad memories but have you completely ruled out the Equip's??? Just curious.
Old 02-16-02, 03:32 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Zushwa, how are you?
According to Hiro........ The 20" Equip is on a 12 week wait for the specs I want.... The chrome 20" Equip is a 2 week wait...
He also told me that the 19" Dronell Type-1(second choice) is not being made anty longer and that the factory is discontinuing the Dronell lines???
Can someone else with Japanese connections please verify this if possible??
The above is why I have now been considering one of the following:
1-19" Trafficstar DTS
2-20" Lecs RCK
3-20" Yokohama Connoisseur(only dis advantage...NO lip)
4-19" RH C5 if they werent so common and knocked off...Know what I mean.(still an AWESOME rim though)
Old 02-16-02, 05:14 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Ouch!! 12 weeks for the Equip's?? I still love how they have the DDC.

Very interesting about the Dronell wheels. Someone please confirm this. I was kind of curious as to why on www.river-side.co.jp they list a Dronell VR but not any of the other Dronell wheels. I personally like a few of their wheels but I wouldn't want manaray hanging me by the short and curlies.

So you don't want chrome?? And you want a lip?? (of course) but you would take a 19 inch over a 20 inch?? It looks like, from your list, the LECS RCK fits the bill and Hiro has a pretty good price.

I definitely understand what you were saying about being mentally "OK" with the price of the wheels but the reverse lip HRE's would be perfect for you. If I had the loot I would jump on it but my dollar amount to be mentally "OK" is quite a bit less than brand new HRE's.
Old 02-16-02, 09:28 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

tiny,

that situation is highly possible. Dronnels are made in taiwan with good forgoing technology. if is difficult for truly forged rims out of japan to be sold at such reasonable prices and still make decent profit. however, economy has not been good in taiwan as well. and many wheel foundries have either down-sized or move the facility to countries such as china, thailand and vietnam. but learn to forge rims takes time.

if riverside of japan has no solid supply source, they would simply discontinue the model until supply chain gets rebuilt again. i feel bad for those dronnel owners when/if they need rim replacement in the future... :eek:

luckily wei ordered the chrome version equips..
Old 02-17-02, 02:10 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

I had an importer contact us about the Traffic star DTM and DTS who had 19x8.5 up to 19 x 9's in a few offsets just a little over a week ago. i have a Direct source for Dronells...so i'll find out if they are dropping out of the game...would REALLY be sad.
Old 02-17-02, 07:13 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by importtoys
I had an importer contact us about the Traffic star DTM and DTS who had 19x8.5 up to 19 x 9's in a few offsets just a little over a week ago. i have a Direct source for Dronells...so i'll find out if they are dropping out of the game...would REALLY be sad.
What you said about the Trafficstars would make sense because the specs I wanted were 8.5"F and 10"R. Guess there arent going to be 10" widths any longer????
Also, I agree that it will be a shame if Dronnel drops out before leaving their mark on the industry....Knock off designs or not, the quality is good... Tiny
Old 02-18-02, 08:24 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

Originally posted by tinygs

What you said about the Trafficstars would make sense because the specs I wanted were 8.5"F and 10"R. Guess there arent going to be 10" widths any longer????
Also, I agree that it will be a shame if Dronnel drops out before leaving their mark on the industry....Knock off designs or not, the quality is good... Tiny
Wow that would've been a great set-up. if I had a 4dr model Id roll with these!!
My current line card/pricing sheets do show a 10" for the DTS.
I have a set of the Dronells on one of our demo cars up here....I REALLY like the wheels
Old 03-10-02, 08:50 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone have any more information on the Isotta spokes? Websites with pics? MSRP? The Work wheels look how also but the Isotta spokes are very sweet. Do they come in chrome?
Old 03-10-02, 10:28 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

jpa,

the isotta spokes are made by RAYS of japan, you know, one of the top five REAL wheel makers...the only problem is that RAYS has not update theirs site for a long time..i will try to scan some pics for you from my jdm rims catalogues later.

MSRPS:

19x8 jpy 77000, ~U$D 640 each in silver polish
19x9 jpy 79000, ~U$D 660
19x10 jpy 81000, 680

18s prices will be available later on this spring, but i am guessing thay start from jpy 67-69000.
yes, they do have chroms avail....the wheel looked almost the same as the work euroline KH with less curvature...

Quick Reply: New wheels...