Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

When you buy wheels/tires online, where do you go for installation & how much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-08, 11:14 PM
LEXLEE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default When you buy wheels/tires online, where do you go for installation & how much?

Hi! As the title says, when you buy wheels/tires package online, where do you go for installation with TPMS transfer and for how much? The tires will be mounted and balanced when they ship it. Any recommended shops in Southern California - Orange County? Thanks!
Old 06-04-08, 02:25 PM
ZIN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't matter where you go to get them mounted but you have to go to the dealer to have the 2nd set programed.I had Lexus quote me $80.00 and then once I was there and they were half way done they said it will be $179.00. SO GET YOUR PRICE IN WRITING.
Old 06-06-08, 06:39 AM
ralfrubio
Driver School Candidate

You should order the wheels from the store mounted and balanced already. Many stores online offer this service for free, and their machines are a lot better then your local dealers who probably cant even do 20" wheels because they are too big. I have ordered before from tirerack.com (A++), wheelsnext.com (A), and discounttiredirect.com (B+) and they all have great machines and I think that they all can order you TPMS sensors and install for you so you get the wheels ready to go... I wouldn't bet my life on this but, I'm almost positive...
Old 06-06-08, 10:58 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have many recommended installers in your area, as was mentioned you will have to go to the dealer though and have them reprogram the sensors, if you get new sensors. If you re use your old sensors we would send the items to our recommended installer un mounted and you can have them swap them over.
Old 06-10-08, 12:17 PM
ralfrubio
Driver School Candidate

Ive done both things...its is much easier to get new sensors then unmount and remount the old ones...cost will be almost the same...