Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Flaken FK452 VS Nitto INVO

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-09, 08:26 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesca
Okay Derrick, I got a question, which tires would you choose between the Vredestein Ultrac Sessentas, Falken FK452's, or the INVO's?
Sorry, I just saw this question. It all depends on what your using the car for.

The Falkens and Vredesteins are about even from a all around standpoint. The Vredesteins have a nicer looking tread and European heritage.

The INVO's stick/perform better than both of the above and offer a great ride. They also cost more so go figure.
Old 01-15-09, 07:24 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Hey Derrick, I have a question. I am running yokohama S.drives with my Vossen VVS-078, 245/35 on 9"+38 front and 275/30 on 10.5"+45 rear. I am pretty pleased with the performance,comfort / ride quality, but when the time comes to replace my tires something is pulling me toward the Invo. With all the positive feedback the falken FK452 is getting me interested too. Is the Invo an all around better tire or should I stick with the S.drive's? Also since I know you guys at D2 are the fitment Gurus, I have a two finger gap all the way around a 99 LS 400 on megan coilovers and the above wheel + tire setup with slight rubbing issues up front. Would tire size fix that or is fender work necessary? Can I also go wider on the rear tires without rubbing? Which tires / sizes would you recommend for my car and wheels? Thanks for your time and sorry for the hijack!
Old 01-15-09, 07:18 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by j three
Hey Derrick, I have a question. I am running yokohama S.drives with my Vossen VVS-078, 245/35 on 9"+38 front and 275/30 on 10.5"+45 rear. I am pretty pleased with the performance,comfort / ride quality, but when the time comes to replace my tires something is pulling me toward the Invo. With all the positive feedback the falken FK452 is getting me interested too. Is the Invo an all around better tire or should I stick with the S.drive's? Also since I know you guys at D2 are the fitment Gurus, I have a two finger gap all the way around a 99 LS 400 on megan coilovers and the above wheel + tire setup with slight rubbing issues up front. Would tire size fix that or is fender work necessary? Can I also go wider on the rear tires without rubbing? Which tires / sizes would you recommend for my car and wheels? Thanks for your time and sorry for the hijack!
I really don't much experience with the S.Drives at all so I can't compare to those. If your not pushing your car really hard on the streets, or doing forced induction I think you will be fine with the fk452. The INVO's are a smidge quieter but the cost savings of the fk452 can't be denied. They are good tires too.

A 30 series front tire will cut down on the rubbing alot.
Old 01-17-09, 10:39 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just upgraded my front tires to Nitto Invo stock size 225/40/18ZR wow what a difference in over all grip, handling, cornering, and comfort. They don't pull to the sides whatsoever on some fwys or streets like the stocks did (Tramlining). I like them, but I want to see what the full setup feels like. I'll get the rears as soon as I get a small upgrade in the wheels so far I've managed to get the rear to slip and the fronts are still glued on to the floor. Will update as soon as I get the full setup, maybe next month
Old 01-28-09, 02:31 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Im thinking of trying these Nitto Invo tires to get a first hand impression of them. Sounds like the overall consensus here is good.

To be honest, I've always had great experiences with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, and especially Dunlop Direzza Z101 and Sport SP9000....so trying something new is a gamble.

Looking for a good dry and wet performer with a solid sidewall...since I'll be going with the stretched fitment.