Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

where can I get work wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-02, 09:55 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey RAY,

sure thing buddy.....any JDM rim(s) that caught your attention? when we meet up next time, i will bring out the several BIG rim catalogues that my "contact" in japan send me...you know, the ones that you usually see in the wheel store:eek: i can now check the sizes, offsets, color finishes, and many other parts...i spend hours looking thru them this weekend, save me the trip to asaheya booksotre..

actually some of the new volk, advan and piaa rims looked mighty nice to me. let me know.....

william
Old 03-03-02, 10:55 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by gs4will
hey RAY,

sure thing buddy.....any JDM rim(s) that caught your attention? when we meet up next time, i will bring out the several BIG rim catalogues that my "contact" in japan send me...you know, the ones that you usually see in the wheel store:eek: i can now check the sizes, offsets, color finishes, and many other parts...i spend hours looking thru them this weekend, save me the trip to asaheya booksotre..

actually some of the new volk, advan and piaa rims looked mighty nice to me. let me know.....

william
For now the only wheel I'm seriously looking at is the PIAA Rozza Altra. 2 piece+ twin 5 spoke + huge lip = my favorite combo. However since my school load is heavier than before and I can't work too much (not everyone's loaded like Wei ) my wheel plan is getting pushed back more and more. But I'm using this chance to see if Volk will release a new GT-line wheel (GT-C just came out but it's not EXACTLY what I'm looking for.) What kinda price can I expect for the Altras (8.5F 9.5R) with pretty good tires? (235/275)

btw I was looking for an Advan wheel but I don't see it on their site..... you know, the 5-spoke Advan with the HOLLOW spokes? I think TC-II or something? Any info on that? thanks!
Old 03-03-02, 11:02 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

ray,

got a early meeting tomorrow, so will let you know tomorrow, the GT-Cs are nice though, so are the piaa altras
Old 03-04-02, 12:06 AM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently getting my JDM wheels from Will too. He's easy to deal with very straight up, and he even met me up personally too and the best of all I can trust him to get things done right.
Old 03-04-02, 01:17 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

I too would trust Will 110%...
Steve Ganz? Come on...need I even say anything?

I would NOT buy from Hiro (for personal reasons).

As for the others, I've never delt with any of them so I can't say...
Old 03-04-02, 10:29 AM
damnboy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For any JDM wheels, Mark (a.k.a GSXOTIC) can get them for a good price. Good service, prompt communication and fast delivery. I'm very pleased!!

Mark's Phone: 562-640-0483 Email : japaneserims@yahoo.com
Old 03-04-02, 10:51 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by damnboy
For any JDM wheels, Mark (a.k.a GSXOTIC) can get them for a good price. Good service, prompt communication and fast delivery. I'm very pleased!!

Mark's Phone: 562-640-0483 Email : japaneserims@yahoo.com
562 area code? Wow he's REAL close to where I live!
Old 03-04-02, 04:17 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Default La Palma

Yes, GlobeCLK I used to live next to Cerritos for 8 years (La Palma). I went to Artesia High and I bet you that I have seen your ride before on South St.
Old 03-04-02, 06:18 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: La Palma

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
Yes, GlobeCLK I used to live next to Cerritos for 8 years (La Palma). I went to Artesia High and I bet you that I have seen your ride before on South St.
For the past 8 years I've been living in La Palma! hahaha

Right behind the hospital.
Old 03-04-02, 09:27 PM
RacingAristo

I remember there was one guy who used to live in Cerritos and knows the gas station at South St. and Norwalk. Is that you?
Old 03-04-02, 09:38 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Ray,

the advan TCII-cored cavity technology appears right on the cover of their 02 catalogue( i am looking at one right now) BUT, there is no info on the inside...either they have not officially debut, or they discontinued that model..

on the PIAA ALtra, do you want silver, or Hyper Blk, the price differ a little...and they only have 18x8+9....also do you wand 245+275, or 235+265? PM me and i will let you know the prices...thanks

btw, did you see wei's new shoes? just talked to him, he went back to SJ...
Old 03-04-02, 10:22 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by gs4will
Ray,

the advan TCII-cored cavity technology appears right on the cover of their 02 catalogue( i am looking at one right now) BUT, there is no info on the inside...either they have not officially debut, or they discontinued that model..

on the PIAA ALtra, do you want silver, or Hyper Blk, the price differ a little...and they only have 18x8+9....also do you wand 245+275, or 235+265? PM me and i will let you know the prices...thanks

btw, did you see wei's new shoes? just talked to him, he went back to SJ...
check your PM

thanks