Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Work VS SD2 Wheels~!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-02, 02:59 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GSxotic - Completely understand the desire to not give out "exact" prices...glad to see some more member who are into "doing it right"!

The Explosion kit is nice...you'll have to get some nice mesh to cover up the openings though...I recommend painting it with semi-gloss "underbody" paint...it's durable and gives it a mildly "textured" finish...I say that cuz I saw an Explosion kit with silver mesh (just bare metal, not painted) and it was A LOT of mesh if you know what I mean...of course, if you're going to have a innercooler in there, this is moot!

Horizon 1 - Those wheels made for Evolution ("Evolution" is the parent company for AutoCouture, Exclusive, and Explosion...and a few others)...it's called the Materasse. It's a Brabus Model V design knock-off. I would recommend AGAINST doing that wheel for integrity sakes...it's a well know Mercedes wheel...How about the new HRE 441R's...those are SICK!

Also, that picture originates from Evolution, not GT Autosports...don't wanna give credit where it's not due.
Old 03-07-02, 08:07 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: here is the pic from gtauto

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
exactly the same as this except I may use Piaa fog light instead of the Explosion equipped fog light.
Hey Will how's everything? thanks for the wheels once again~!

GSxotic : Clean GS you have there, nice rims, and Black GS rocks

Will/GSxotic : My kit, like Manaray said, is the "explosion kit" which is exactly the same as the picture. It says evolution because it is the company who makes them aka "explosion, exclusive, ..etc". I am certain you will love the kit, as there isn't really many of them here. Picking out foglight is a pain, so make sure you do that PRIOR to the installation of the kit. Any 3.5~4.0 inch diameter round foglight should do.

The front bumper fits perfect, but a nice bodyship is always pleasent, it is lower than my previous Lsportline/Tom's, you have to watch out every bump and potholes. I have L-tuned suspension, which is more of reasonable drop, it is still too low for the explosion kit.

I am posting picture of my redone GS ASAP with the work Rims. Stay tuned = )
Old 03-07-02, 11:07 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

gsintensive - Can't wait to see it!

As for foglights, I too was searching for a 3.5" to 4" foglight and I'll share what I found...

After looking and searching, I found that the CATZ MSC is the best pick...it comes in "Hyper White", Ion, and "standard". I think I'm going to get the "standard" and put in some yellow PIAA lights (I like the fogs to be actually functional...Yellow is the best for foggy situations)
Old 03-08-02, 01:23 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

my pick of FOGLIGHT goes Vestec HID round foglight, it is 94mm diameter, and very whitish/bright as to all the HID. I am installing them tomorrow 3/09 replacing the old PIAAs. PIAA is great quality, but the yellowness really irritates me, I want something pure white/blueish.

I just saw the CATZ MSC in person, very great looking bulb with purplish housing, but I have not yet seen the actual lightning, and they don't have them in stock.

Manaray, if you wanna have real fog light, make sure it is FOG light you are getting, most of them are DRIVING light, which blinds people way more than HID. Just a reminder.

Here is the source for my foglight, www.eautoworks.com , enjoy.
Old 03-08-02, 02:28 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Wei - Hehehe..yeah, that's I picked the FET CATZ MSC's...they're designed to for rain and fog (according to FET anyways)...

http://www.fet-usa.com/products/msc.html

Check the light pattern at the bottom of the page (click on the picture)

Do you have a link to the Vestec HID Fog...I'd be interested in reading about it...eautoworks doesn't even sell CATZ...they only sell the knock-off "Focuz" ones...what's up with that!?

So when is your car going to be done?
Old 03-08-02, 05:24 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

My car is in the dealer doing alligenment for the new wheels/10k service, and they are putting on foglights as well, I am hoping/estimating Friday. There is a chance of tomorrow, but you know how thing always goes in bodyshop business- prograstinating !

here is a link to vestec HID fog. - http://www.nextcollection.com/html/O...-5610-none.cfm
mine is identical except it is in round shape. I couldn't find the round one in their data base, so currently this would do. As I said, PIAA always lights up yellowish, so i am giving this "pure white/bluish" HID a try. wish me luck.

They told me they are not carrying the CATZ MSC anymore??? how weird, cuz that's one of the best looking round foglight on the display in the store??

Manaray- I thought you already have fog light on that awesome GS of yours. why new ones?

Last edited by gsintensive; 03-08-02 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-08-02, 08:45 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks Guys!!!!

Hey Wei/Manaray,

I really want to thank you guys for the input, especially with the link that really makes my life easier during this time of year (Tax Season, and I am working like 14, 15 hours a day including weekend.) If not too much trouble, can you tell me the price range on those fogs? I like the look of Catz but will still consider Piaa just because I was the original PIAA 959 fan. Appreciate for all the help!!
Old 03-08-02, 08:10 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

price ranges from 200~700. PIAA 540 series seems to be a great choice for the explosioin kit.