Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

any wheel *****s in here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-09, 04:21 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any wheel *****s in here?

just wondering how many of you are like me. where you like the brand new wheel so much that you are not going to mount tires on. not planning to put in on your car and just display it like a furniture?

i currently got a set of new polish work equip in 19x9 19x10 that i don't plan on running them.

i have another set of new polish work ls105 in 20x10 20x11 custom offset that i don't plan on running them too because both sets of wheels is now discontinued.

i probably want to buy a set of bbs lm in the future too because that is another "must have" for a wheel wh0re.

am i the only one got this weird problem? or all you guys got a wheel museum inside your house?
if so care to share what is in your collection? may be can work out trades...

Last edited by REV-01; 03-05-09 at 04:28 AM.
Old 03-06-09, 12:24 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, there are a bunch of us that want to collect great rims like you. Only problem is most of us don't have the cash like you
Old 03-07-09, 03:23 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Nah, there are a bunch of us that want to collect great rims like you. Only problem is most of us don't have the cash like you
i guess it helps. but i am not try to show off or anything. i am just trying to see if there are people out there so fanatic about their wheels. kinda like those people who is into star wars, stamp/cards collector etc. where they are just a average joe who is willing to cup o noodle everyday to get what they really want and all they want to do is just own it.

i guess it is just me where i used to switch wheels often. but certain ones you just gonna have it and i value them so much that i don't need to put them on a car to appreciate them.
Old 03-08-09, 10:45 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think theyre just a bit too expensive for most people to buy and not use! i guess you could get clear bra put on the lips then put some plate glass on the top of them and make a coffee table ;-)
Old 03-09-09, 02:32 PM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a wheel fetish, I believe there is a psychological term for it. I used to have a customer who ordered wheels like every 3rd month or so for the same vehicle. He must have had 10 sets of wheels for 1 car.
Old 03-09-09, 03:25 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

i collect ol skool Samson! i still got some Crimson Racing Sparcos, WORKs with DDC lips, and i still want some SSR-Neos for a just have! haha
Old 03-10-09, 01:09 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by anotherLS
i collect ol skool Samson! i still got some Crimson Racing Sparcos, WORKs with DDC lips, and i still want some SSR-Neos for a just have! haha
are they brand new? mainly because i don't plan to put tires and just display them in the house. even refinish one got flaws and just doesn't look original. kinda like collector cars i guess.

i had a set of equip silver with ddc too. but it is not brand new, i got rid of it after i got the brand new one haha, i don't care for the ddc though, hard to dig the bolts to clean

i had a set 17x8.5/9.5 ssr gpo revolution 3 piece brand new, comes with all the original hardware and nut lugs, even the ssr oil filter looking center cap key. i am sure you knew when it was first intro to the market. to me when you have og stuff that is brand new that is when people know you don't joke around my guy want them for his car so i sold it to him.

Last edited by REV-01; 03-10-09 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-10-09, 01:31 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nah samson its not 'strange'... theres ppl who pay thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions for paintings and 'art' is subjective, i myself would never hang any Picasso's in my house cuz i think his work is UGLY yet others will... no accounting for good taste...

SO~ if you wanna display rims in your house, i personally see nothing wrong with it and IMO would look much better than some of the other crap ppl hang in their homes.
Old 03-10-09, 02:09 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
nah samson its not 'strange'... theres ppl who pay thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions for paintings and 'art' is subjective, i myself would never hang any Picasso's in my house cuz i think his work is UGLY yet others will... no accounting for good taste...

SO~ if you wanna display rims in your house, i personally see nothing wrong with it and IMO would look much better than some of the other crap ppl hang in their homes.
thank you for your support, my wife and my sister think i am dumb displaying those things inside the house. i told her i don't want no paintings and crap lol. want to park my car in the living room too. they don't deserve to be in the garage.
Old 03-10-09, 10:23 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by REV-01
thank you for your support, my wife and my sister think i am dumb displaying those things inside the house. i told her i don't want no paintings and crap lol. want to park my car in the living room too. they don't deserve to be in the garage.
Do you still have the Work SL? That is the rim I would collect. Nothing wrong with collecting things you like. I collect Pool Cues. To most its just a piece of wood. I spent as much as I do on a set of rims for some of my pool sticks. Well, not really as the most I paid for one was $2,500, but all of them were a good bit over $1,000. The problem is I use mine so I'm not sure how its affecting its value.
Old 03-10-09, 12:29 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Do you still have the Work SL? That is the rim I would collect. Nothing wrong with collecting things you like. I collect Pool Cues. To most its just a piece of wood. I spent as much as I do on a set of rims for some of my pool sticks. Well, not really as the most I paid for one was $2,500, but all of them were a good bit over $1,000. The problem is I use mine so I'm not sure how its affecting its value.
i know...i sold it..i guess gotta buy ordens now.
Old 03-10-09, 10:17 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

i know...i sold it..i guess gotta buy ordens now.
The Ordens are cool too, but still can't beat the classic SL
Old 03-11-09, 01:35 AM
Triple8Sol
Pole Position

Nope, I'm the same way. I go through wheels like crazy, just constantly changing up the look. Most of the time I have 2-3 sets at a time, so I can swap them around on a whim.
Old 03-12-09, 12:52 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Nope, I'm the same way. I go through wheels like crazy, just constantly changing up the look. Most of the time I have 2-3 sets at a time, so I can swap them around on a whim.
cool, what do you have in your collection?
Old 03-12-09, 02:30 AM
Triple8Sol
Pole Position

cool, what do you have in your collection?
With this car I've gone through stuff like Junction Produce Scara, Work VS-XX & S1, Volk GT-S/GT-V/SF-Challenge, PIAA SuperRozza, SSR SP1, Maya RT5, and on and on.

Quick Reply: any wheel *****s in here?