Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

19's or 20's? Lsportline or Lowenhart?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-02, 08:52 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 19's or 20's? Lsportline or Lowenhart?

I'm getting new wheels in a couple of weeks, after my shocks and springs arrive and I get it lowered. In the mean time, I have to decide which wheels to get. I've narrowed my choices between Lsportline Model I Evos and Lowenhart BR5s. I'm also still undecided between 19s and 20s.

Can anyone with experience with both size tires tell me if there is a very noticable difference in the ride quality between them.

Input and opinions on the wheel selection is also welcomed.
Old 03-07-02, 09:03 PM
JYOO

Red face

DUBS
Old 03-07-02, 09:58 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey GSD,

hope you like your new ride...

new tyres now are very good, i have drievn in both 19 and 20s, and the ride quality is not as harsh as they used to be...20s would look realy really good on the gs. but consider 19s if you want a bit more safety(bend rim issue), practicality, and a tad lower tyre cost
Old 03-07-02, 10:00 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Desperate for input and opinions. Photos or photoshop work would also me helpful.
Old 03-07-02, 10:11 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

acatully you can go to www.lsportline.com as they have a pic of a silver GS with model I evos....

pm me if you need more info...
Old 03-07-02, 10:15 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Smile

William,

Long time no hear from. I loving the car...so much in fact that I switched the lease to a purchase. So, as you can see I'm ready to do some mods. I starting with suspension and wheels, I've ordered the Ltuned shocks & springs from Steve Ganz and one of my co-workers has a brother that manages a wheel shop and he is offering me an awsome deal on the Lsportlines. I just a little concerned because I have never actully seen the Lsporline model I evos up close (I've seen the BR5s and I think they look great on a GS) and I have never rode on 19s or 20s. I willing to give up some ride comfort but I don't want the ride to be too harsh. What do you think?
Old 03-07-02, 10:21 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by gs4will
acatully you can go to www.lsportline.com as they have a pic of a silver GS with model I evos....

pm me if you need more info...
Yes, I have already checked it out...in fact I use it as wallpaper for both my home and office computer. I actully want to see a side view minus the body kit, so far the only person that I know of that has them is Erick G and the photo he has in the gallery is not very good. Thanks William.
Old 03-07-02, 10:27 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

if you can get a good deal on the evo I, get the 20s(model I is not available in 19s i think). both good rims as they are made by WORK of japan....how are the roads around your area?
Old 03-07-02, 10:40 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Will - The model I evos are available in 19's, but hard to get. Dazz motorsports said they can get them but it will take over a month. I want wheels sooner, so I'll probably go with the 20x8.5f 20x10r they have them in stock and I can get a good deal. The road here are exellent for the most part...no potholes just a little road damage from all the construction in the area.
Old 03-07-02, 10:48 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

K-which tyre are they offering you? i prefer bridgestone s-03, or the toyo t1-s...if they suggest the pirellis, i would read thru users feedback in www.tirerack.com
Old 03-07-02, 11:07 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Yep, they come with the pirelli pzeros. I've read mixed reviews but I'm willing to give them a try at the price I'm getting them for.
Old 03-08-02, 07:23 PM
LSL
Driver School Candidate

The Model 1 Evo's are use a forged outer rim (by WORK) and the BR-s use a rolled outer rim. I know forged would be stronger, but if you want that "look', I would without a doubt use the 20". I have seen the 20" Model 1 Evo's at a shop near my house with the P-Zero's and they went on the car without any fender modification at all. I know the car wasn't lowered, but still, he didn't touch the fenders and it didn't rub.
Old 03-08-02, 07:40 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

GSDREAMER, you know what I would pick. Sorry I haven't written you back on those prices. Give me a day or so.
Attached Thumbnails 19's or 20's? Lsportline or Lowenhart?-ken-s-car-various-pics-039.jpg  
Old 03-08-02, 08:04 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Ken, without a doubt, your wheels look sweet. Seeing your ride is what made me decide that I was doing mine an injustice with the stock wheels. I was planning on getting my car lowered this weekend and getting wheels the following weekend...in time for the trip to Fontana. But, Steve told me there is a two week back order on t he ltuned springs, so I guess I'll have to wait. Nice pic...wish I had a nice close up of the lsportline evos to compare.

Give me a holla when you get a price. So far the best price I been able to get for the BR5s in 19x8.5/19x9.5 is $4980 on Toyos.
Old 03-10-02, 12:41 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

my Evo 1's dont rub at all
perfect fit

no complains here

here's a picture

and here are more pictures

more pics

Quick Reply: 19's or 20's? Lsportline or Lowenhart?