Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Good Deal on GS350 tires? (Michelin/Bridgestone)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09 | 06:22 AM
farkas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
I think if you have money, just go with michellins. If not, try yokohama s-drive or toyo proxes. GL!
I agree with the Michelins but then I just bought another set of the Bridgestones RE960's for my SC430. $823 delivered to my door at Tirerack and these tires a great! I am pulling off a set of Toyo Proxy 4's from the SC. Toyo's are usually pretty good tires but I just could not get them balanced on the SC. The car just did not like them!!!!
Old 04-05-09 | 09:46 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Wanted to provide you all with an update. I've had the tires for 1.5 weeks and have put a substantial number of miles since I picked up the tires and they are GREAT!!!
Here's my assessment:

* Most surprising aspect that I did not expect is that the steering has improved. I can certainly feel the difference when turning the steering wheel. It feels much easier to steer and turn. This was a very nice surprise!! Feels like my power steering has been taken up a notch.

* Car feels sleeker and smoother. Definite improvement over the previous Yokos.

* Traction has definitely improved. I feel confident when taking corners in my car and accelerating into/out of a turn. Previously, my VSC would kick-in during the acceleration after a turn , but with these new tires the traction has improved and there is much less slippage.

All in all, GREAT tires. NO regrets. I'll be honest, the only downside is that Michelin's tend to be pricier than other available options (e.g. RE960s). These are my first pair of Michelin's and at this point, I'm excited to have them on my car. Additionally, I know I'm paying a premium, but the 45k warranty was great (especially after seeing the Yokos go after 25k miles..).

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help.