Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Rims that spin when car is stopped

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-02, 05:34 PM
LexFather

Well they are in Atlanta as well and I ain't gonna lie, they look awesome and when the car is stopped and the rims keep spinning you can't help but grin a lil...
Old 11-09-02, 04:12 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there are some sprewells on an escalade xlt at my school...
Old 11-09-02, 05:39 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wut I don't like about them is how everyone calls them "Sprewells." THey aren't made by Sprewell Racing or by him, himself, they are made originally by HRE but as mentioned the idea came from Mr. Davin.
They are called "DAVIN Wheels" not sprewells.
Old 11-09-02, 05:49 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get any kind of spinning wheel make sure its the DAVINS not no bootleg brand.
Old 11-09-02, 06:18 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

That attachment is called the Spintek. It works only for trucks with a 3in. lip or more. I pretty sure if your car has a 3in. lip, only Impala SS's, since they are the only car that takes truck wheels. What I think the new 745il can take truck wheels, you could probaly put them on those two cars. As for the Davins they have eight different styles out now. They are cool but hard as hell to balance. There was a S600 that had a set of the new ones on and it looked awesome. I can't remeber the name right now but it was one of the expensive ones with a nice sixe lip.
Old 11-11-02, 01:40 AM
AzLex
Lead Lap

If I had a large suv I would have these wheels in a hart beat.

Old 11-11-02, 01:53 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Manaray
spinning wheels = lame, ghetto, ricer...

but at least they arent knock-offs it must break your heart to know that HRE makes 'em:eek:
Old 11-11-02, 02:53 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

Those are the best Davins. I would get those.
Old 11-11-02, 03:08 PM
Wheel Experts

Originally posted by Din
Those are the best Davins. I would get those.
except that those were dicontinued in March, and have been impossible to find.
Old 11-11-02, 03:56 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Default i like them

I'm a valet and a few guys have come by with the spinning rims and they look phat as hell. especially doing down the road. if i had something big and a boat load of money,i would get some.
Old 11-13-02, 04:47 AM
jg_nguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by futuregs
Wut I don't like about them is how everyone calls them "Sprewells." THey aren't made by Sprewell Racing or by him, himself, they are made originally by HRE but as mentioned the idea came from Mr. Davin.
They are called "DAVIN Wheels" not sprewells.
thankyou so much!
Old 11-16-02, 09:23 PM
ToyoBeastly
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Sold out?

how can they be sold out? are these wheels only a limited make? that may be why they cost soooo much
Old 11-18-02, 09:40 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The Rev I Davin wheels (manufactured for Davin by HRE under contract) were the original Davin concept and series. The wheels AND spinners were forged for this series, and only 300 sets were produced as a 'limited edition.' They were around $11K retail per set.

Subsequently, Davin has gone to cast & billet types of wheels & spinners. These are significantly cheaper to produce, but I understand they still sell for $10-11K per set... it's all about profitability. At the end of the day, the typical Davin customer could care less about how strong or light their 'spinning wheels' are...
Old 11-18-02, 10:06 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

That is just a shame that people no longer care about quality. I guess it is all about whoever can come out with the newest and non-traditional idea will make the most.

What's next? All the wheels have different neon lights build in to them so that people can choose the color they want to use at night when the wheels are spinning? lol.......
Old 11-19-02, 02:34 AM
Shyne8193Inactive
Driver School Candidate

my homeboy has an s600 98 2 door coupe with 21" lowenhart ld1's that I bought for him...he went out and bought the 22" spin tech kit for the wheels and custom made some lugnuts for the setup and it works...it looks cheezy from the back because they bow out from the rim about half an inch...when he puts it in reverse the car looks tight...even when he's moving it still causes drama...you cant even tell that his rims are lowenharts, if you have lowenharts or you know what quality is you could tell...but other people would think that those are knockoffs around there..i drove his car and people break their friggen necks to see whos in the car...ill take pix soon...Shyne

Quick Reply: Rims that spin when car is stopped