Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Are these Quality Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-02, 07:33 AM
victor
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank YOu

Hey guys,
Thanks for the input. I may end up going with an Enkei Zeus or the Zauber Getting or Crazer, possibly the Lowenhart BR5. At any rate, you have talked me into a more expensive rim.

Now..............any of you willing to post up a sticky and help a brotha pay for them? ? ? For each person that donates to the cause, I will put his name in gold,silver, bronze on the side of my car according to the amount you contribute.

I will post once I make the decision.

Victor
Old 04-01-02, 11:02 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can afford to own a Lexus, a set of $4000 wheel shouldn't be *****. You don't buy a Ferrari and then complain about the high cost of maintenance....

Also, there's nothing wrong with driving your car STOCK if you can't afford to fix it up... Come on, like I ALWAYS say, you're NOT DRIVING A HONDA.
Old 04-01-02, 11:26 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by manaray
If you can afford to own a Lexus, a set of $4000 wheel shouldn't be *****. You don't buy a Ferrari and then complain about the high cost of maintenance....

Also, there's nothing wrong with driving your car STOCK if you can't afford to fix it up... Come on, like I ALWAYS say, you're NOT DRIVING A HONDA.
Many to most Lexus owners have a hard time parting with $2,000 much less $4,000. I speak with absolute experience.
Old 04-01-02, 11:58 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

That's probably because most people who would be interested in doing wheels are younger and most of them can probably BEARLY afford the payments on their used Lexos...

It's no secret that most people live beyond their means...
Old 04-02-02, 12:21 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by manaray
That's probably because most people who would be interested in doing wheels are younger and most of them can probably BEARLY afford the payments on their used Lexos...

It's no secret that most people live beyond their means...
This does not hold true for BMW owners however...
Old 04-02-02, 02:00 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

umm im 17 ... i have a lexus .. i only make 900$ a month...

nought to pay my lex.

wheels ive had

Real lowenhart ld1's 20inch
niche pultec 3pc tripple chrome 20inch
limited 011 20inch
just bought 19inch carlson 1/6 evo 19inch

so even though i dont make too much... i can still afford a **** load... so dont be doggin on people who can barly afford to pay there payments...

then again ... the only thing i have to pay is my car... and things i buy for it... all the other responsiblity comes after i turn 20
Old 04-02-02, 02:15 PM
Static911

CamRen,

I think by now you know what Manaray means behind what he types on ClubLexus.

Point being: if you can't afford non-knockoff rims, don't try at all.

Manaray just emphasized the point through kids trying to get the bling bling look, but unwilling to fork out the cash to do so.

CamRen, you're an exception. At age 17, You make your own money and pay for your own things. You were able to afford nice rims and stuff.

Other teenagers at your age can't afford to have nice accessories with their Lexos, so they things that aren't the real stuff.

But to each their own way,

Static911
Old 04-02-02, 03:24 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Manaray is very knowledgable when it comes to rims but their are other aspects that need to be considered.
If you are young and got a good deal on your Lex and can't afford Work, Volk, Fikse, etc. than you may have to settle for something less. Some of the older folks can afford the nice stuff and SHOULD get what they can afford. I don't think we should be knocking those who can't though.
I'm sure there are plenty of youngsters who would take a knock-off Rolex or they would be sporting a Calculator Casio.

Anyways, I say get what you can afford.
Old 04-02-02, 06:04 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

hoops: good point... but, isn't that why Toyota builds Echoes?
I guess you can interpret that kind of statement any way you want! What do they say? Eye of the beholder. =)

The reality is that the cast Giovannas are made offshore, and perhaps the quality isn't really as good as a more "big name" cast wheel.

Also, nobody has mentioned how darned heavy they are!
Old 04-02-02, 07:01 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
The reality is that the cast Giovannas are made offshore, and perhaps the quality isn't really as good as a more "big name" cast wheel.

Also, nobody has mentioned how darned heavy they are!
I've mentioned it a few times...

--------------------------------------------

I don't DOG on people that don't have or make a lot of money. Trust me, you're talking to someone who used to get goverment cheese...

What I AM ******* on are people (usually kids) that want to play the roll of a "pimp" yet they couldn't afford to feed their own mouths if it wasn't for mommy and daddy...

Luxury items are just that, LUXURY. If you can't afford, you can't afford it. FAKING IT by buying cheap imitations or knock-offs is just PLAIN CHEEZY and that says a lot about a person. To me, a person that needs to wear a fake Rolex is someone who is CHEEZY. A faker, a wannabe, etc., etc..(now if they bought this Rolex thinking it was real, well that's just their mistake...)

There is NOTHING wrong with driving your car bone stock. There's nothing wrong with wearing a plain Timex or Seiko. It's that simple. I have SO MUCH more respect for someone who drives a bone stock car or wear a watch they can afford rather than someone who try SO HARD to FRONT like they have money when they really don't.

It's just like those guys driving around their '89 Nissan Sentras (salvaged titled with mis-matched paint) with their 18" CHROME wheels and they think they're PIMPIN'! That's SOOOOOO CHEEZZZYY....why would you want to be like that?

I guess with all this hizzo fizzo bling-bling being ghetto is so cool bull***** that rappers blurt out, being a cheeseball is the way of the new millenium...

But I think we've gone over this many times before...as usually, this isn't directed at anyone...

Hoops, I agree with "buy what you can afford" but dont' buy bull*****...if you have $100 to spend on a watch, don't buy some cheezy Rolex Daytona knockoff (with chrono hands that are PAINTED on)...buy a nice Seiko...
Old 04-02-02, 11:39 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but the point stands. Giovanna is of no comparison to be these "Quality" wheels.

IT is better to stay stock then buying something cheap/knockoff and pretend it is something. This topic has been beaten to death.

I don't get why Wheel kinetics has to bring up "oh BMW owners doesn't seem like so" if you don't like selling here, feel free~ This is a real good way to do business in this forum by putting down lexus member. You probably dunno there are lot of CL members with good financial means whether they are young or not, we just don't brag about it.

Camren why put on these niche when u get these lowenhart/carsson as you have them? I don't get why do u have to have so many sets when you can only put 1 on the car. wat's the point anywayz?

Last edited by gsintensive; 04-02-02 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-03-02, 08:43 AM
victor
Rookie

Default Good Reading.......

Hey after reading thru this again. I agree with some of what manaray says..........the Key is cheezy. There should be a Auto Style police on the road and all fakers should have their cars taken. Be who you are and stay with what you can afford.
I do however disagree with the knock off thing. You can buy a good quality rim that may be a copy of another and still be doing good. why pay the money for the name if name and no name come from the same place and are made the same way?

Last edited by victor; 04-03-02 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-04-02, 01:55 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Usually, name and no-name are NOT made in the same place or in the same manner. For example, the Konig Image vs. the Work Rezax II...HUGE difference in build and quality...kinda like Daewoo Leganza vs. Lexus GS...
Old 04-04-02, 10:27 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by victor
There should be a Auto Style police on the road
They'd be real busy, even up in Minnesota, I'm sure it's worse down in Southern California or places like that. I can tell spring is coming here, the ricer's are getting thicker, big wings-bodykits that aren't painted to match the car, old beat up, rusty cars with cheesy wheels; at least I've got something to laugh at.

Well, here's my two cents, and it's not worth much more than that. I agree that everyone doesn't need to spend $4000 on wheels if they can't or don't care to, but don't buy poor quality knockoff's. There are plenty of original, quality wheels at lower prices. I'm sure Manaray would be willing to point you in the direction of a few good brands as he did for me.

Last edited by Kyle Harty; 04-04-02 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-04-02, 12:49 PM
victor
Rookie

Manaray,

Your post you put up earlier about if I own a lexus then $4000 should not be ***** to pay for rims..... You are out of your MIND!!!!!!!!!
Regardless of how much money I make, I still know how much $4000 is. I think we are diffrent in that sense. We are the same in that we both came from a past with no money and seem to have aquired it at this point. but I thank the diffrence is I still value a "dollar" and will choke that B*tch like it is my last ...........and you sometimes come across as one to throw "dollars" out at a parade. I am not saying it is wrong to be that way, it is just not me.............. You see..........I could pay 4 grand on rims.......but I will not if I don't have too. I want quality and will get quality, but you better believe I will search until the cows come home to find the best deal possible. I was like that when I was broke and I will stay that way for the rest of my life. I love a good deal. A "HOOK UP" is even better. Definition of a hook up? Having a friend that works someplace give you a 65%-90% discount (don't try this at home)

Just because you have a Lex does not mean you should be willing to pay big money for ***** you don't have to...........I love quality ***** just as much as the next man. *****, I am the next man.
Hey manaray, when it comes to rims you do know your *****, I won't lie. Thanks for the past help.

The Lexus is a B*tch-mobile....................RIDE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace,

King Ding-ga-ling.

Quick Reply: Are these Quality Rims?