Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Fender Roller in Los Angeles???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-02, 08:54 AM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only rubbing I get now is when I go over large dips and the suspension fully compresses. I guess that would not be a problem for you, having coilovers and all.
Old 04-05-02, 01:41 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you mean the rubbing where the tire's tread actually touches the fender lining? If that's what you're talking about, that happens with all 20's (due to the overall increase in diameter). But it's minimal and it'll eventually stop w/o rubbing through the liner.

If you're talking about when you have the steering turned all the way in one direction and you hit a bump and you rub, that too is normal. That can happen with many different size setups...

Even with my coilovers, I can get full compression if I hit a dip fast enough (or a bump)...I don't have super stiff coilovers (which would be less prone to full compression)...actually, most people are quite impressed with the ride (they expected it to ride much worse usually)...

Today, I took a Lexus sales rep for a drive...he JUST got finished rolling around in a full L-tuned GS (with the L-tuned 18" wheels) and he said the ride in my car wasn't much worse that the full L-Tuned setup....and that's with 20's and coilovers...

I think I found my next set of coilovers...it's going to have a fancy little add-on that I would not normally get but I'm getting it in a killer package deal...
Old 04-05-02, 01:50 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't trust Sprewell in taping an air-freshener in my car because of such ****-poor job they did on my intake and my friend's exhaust. Hope they got better since after I went.
Old 04-05-02, 08:36 AM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by manaray
Do you mean the rubbing where the tire's tread actually touches the fender lining? If that's what you're talking about, that happens with all 20's (due to the overall increase in diameter). But it's minimal and it'll eventually stop w/o rubbing through the liner.

If you're talking about when you have the steering turned all the way in one direction and you hit a bump and you rub, that too is normal. That can happen with many different size setups...

Even with my coilovers, I can get full compression if I hit a dip fast enough (or a bump)...I don't have super stiff coilovers (which would be less prone to full compression)...actually, most people are quite impressed with the ride (they expected it to ride much worse usually)...

Today, I took a Lexus sales rep for a drive...he JUST got finished rolling around in a full L-tuned GS (with the L-tuned 18" wheels) and he said the ride in my car wasn't much worse that the full L-Tuned setup....and that's with 20's and coilovers...

I think I found my next set of coilovers...it's going to have a fancy little add-on that I would not normally get but I'm getting it in a killer package deal...
Thats really good to hear, I thought I was alone here.

Let me guess.....your getting the teins with the remote dampening swith? Sell me your old coil overs!