Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Auto Couture supreme (SUPER HUGE PIC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-02, 08:56 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, so they do include lug nuts, what else is there that I am missing? The guy who imported for me said he didn't get anything else beside 4 wheels and 4 of these each. Is there any way I can get the rest of stuff or am I screwed? :eek:

Last edited by Kaban; 04-20-02 at 02:42 AM.
Old 04-15-02, 07:29 AM
Wheel Experts

hmmmm....I only have Mercedes sets in stock (they use bolts). Maybe the Lexus sets don't come with nuts. Did you use your stock lugs, and they won't work?
Old 04-15-02, 01:17 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Yeah, the AC wheels use acron type nuts, and the stock nuts won't even fit into the wheel.

Very disappointed with auto couture right now, I paid full retail on these and they skimp out on cheap stuff like wheel nuts. The center cap is very cheezy too. See pic above.

Last edited by Kaban; 04-15-02 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-15-02, 07:57 PM
Wheel Experts

Who did you buy from? Ask them to get in touch with the distributor to fix the problem.
Old 04-16-02, 02:01 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I wouldn't blame AutoCouture just yet...have the distributor get them for you...they SHOULD come with them.

As for the center cap, what's wrong with it? It's a snap in type? That's very typical for a wheel...only a few companies make "substantial" center caps (like HRE's...although they also make "standard" ones too...)
Old 04-16-02, 10:37 AM
Kaban
Lead Lap

You guys are right it's probably not ac's fault but their distriubtor. I got my wheels from a cl member here, he's pretty reliable guy and he's helping me getting aftermarket nuts. But you know how after market nuts is not going to be as good as geninue ac nuts.

I don't like the cap because on all their web sites & demo cars it has the full dia-cut silver cap with logo on it, the one they sent is just painted silver with some writing on it spelled the ghetto way. I am betting the disbritutor kept the good ones and sent me something else.
Old 04-16-02, 10:52 AM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Btw guys, am I still missing anything else? I got 4 wheels plus 4 of each thing in the picture I posted above, I heard some wheels need center rings? Sorry to take up so much of your thread Peter, but I figure you have the most expertise in ac wheels.
Old 04-16-02, 11:11 AM
enginyr
Banned

It looks like your AC's are just like the lowenharts. Needs small acorn nuts for the cap to fit. Should be only $20. Nothing to be upset about concidering what you paid for your AC's. Make sure to get locks....VERY Important.
Attached Thumbnails Auto Couture supreme (SUPER HUGE PIC)-acs-xk8.jpg  
Old 04-16-02, 08:49 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Steve, I am not upset just concerned. And how is ok? I did not buy a old wheel, I paid for a new wheel at full retail hoping to get good service and EXPECT to get everything I paid for.

Is paying for 4 new tires and getting 1 bald one ok too?
Old 04-17-02, 04:18 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Kaban
That's a good point...you might to email AutoCouture and ask them WTF is going on...

http://www.auto-couture.com/catalog/contact.html

Please post your results here!
Old 04-17-02, 08:47 AM
enginyr
Banned

Steve, I am not upset just concerned. And how is ok? I did not buy a old wheel, I paid for a new wheel at full retail hoping to get good service and EXPECT to get everything I paid for.

I guess I'm just acustomed to people's fack ups. btw....lets see some pics.
Old 04-17-02, 09:59 AM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Mike, thanks for the link. I have e-mailed them now about this will let you know what happened.

Steve, I'll post some pics after I get my wheels bolt on and running, right now it's still sitting in my living room.
Old 04-18-02, 12:46 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Steve, I'll post some pics after I get my wheels bolt on and running, right now it's still sitting in my living room.
Hey, if you get a nice piece of tabletop glass, you can make a cool coffee table out of the wheels...
Old 04-18-02, 04:23 PM
Wheel Experts

Btw guys, am I still missing anything else? I got 4 wheels plus 4 of each thing in the picture I posted above, I heard some wheels need center rings? Sorry to take up so much of your thread Peter, but I figure you have the most expertise in ac wheels.
The Mercedes AC wheels are drilled hubcentric. I believe the Lexus ones are also, but I don't have any 5:114.3s laying around. If you measure the centerbore, it should be 60.10 (since you have the wheels loose).
Old 04-18-02, 06:07 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those are some really nice pics... i love that s500

drew

Quick Reply: Auto Couture supreme (SUPER HUGE PIC)