Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-09, 10:09 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I able to flip them because of our camber issue on our cars? Planning to flip them every 10k miles.
Old 11-19-09, 10:39 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i believe so. iirc those are symmetrical tires.
Old 11-19-09, 10:45 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got them too, they are just perfect. Would recommend it if you ask me
Old 11-19-09, 11:25 PM
RaysIS350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phiber
Am I able to flip them because of our camber issue on our cars? Planning to flip them every 10k miles.
I don't know if you can flip them, I do know they are directional.

I never flipped my previous tires, and had no issues with them (camber issues you noted?), they just needed to be replaced. I probably could have gone another 5k miles on the original OEM's (had 29k miles on them already), but decided it was time for new ones.
Old 11-20-09, 10:44 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

I am seriously considering these for my next set, but I would like to know if anyone who has experience with the Hankook V12's has had any experience with Yokohama S.drive and can compare the ride quality and quietness. I read the car and driver article and saw that overall the S.drives were ranked 6th. I like the S.drives but this being my first set of 20' uhp tires I would like to audition something else. The Hankook's are close in price, perform better,so any other comparisons would be great. Thanks!
Old 11-20-09, 04:05 PM
aboss3
Driver

Originally Posted by 15951
Longest tire name ever...

Anyway, after 14k miles on my stock Dunlops, it was time to replace them. The outside edges of both front tires were trashed, and the rears only had a few mm's of tread left before death. I did quite a bit of research on replacement tires, with my criteria being that I wanted tires in the $150 range that were aggressive but QUIET. The Dunlops became quite loud as time wore on, and I wanted to see an improvement in that regard with the replacement tires.

I found the subject tires by reading about them in a recent Car & Driver comparison test, in which they bested the benchmark PS2 in many categories and came in 2nd to (coincidentally) a Dunlop tire. What caught my eye was that the Hankook's not only finished near the top of the pack in most tests, but also did great in the wet, and were rated 5/5 for noise levels.

I paid $126 for the fronts, and $157 for the rears, not including the $50 rebate I need to mail in. Counting the rebate, that's $516 for highly rated performance tires - not too shabby. They're Y rated - as if I'll ever see speeds that high - and have a treadwear of 280, which is comparable with stock.

Subjective: It's tough to compare worn-out tires to brand new tires, but I don't think the Dunlops were ever this quiet. I couldn't believe how quiet and smooth the car felt on the way home, and these tires seem to absorb road imperfections pretty well. I didn't notice the tramlining that the Dunlops frequently exhibited. On the negative side, even though the load index is higher on these than the Dunlops, they feel softer in cornering. They're sure-footed, but do not feel as sharp as the stock Dunlops.

All in all, a positive experience so far. I would recommend these for a reasonably priced replacement tire that will give you 95% of the experience of a PS2 at less than half the price. With a tread life of 15-20k miles, I'll take all the help I can get...
+1 on this one! I've upgraded my Goodyear Eagle F1's All season tires for a set of Hankook V12. The Hankook is a little softer on the road, as I've felt every bump while riding on the Goodyears, but at the same time they grip really well. I also got the $50 rebate by mail, and the total paid was $650-rebate = $600. Happy with them so far for approximately 10k miles already during the first 6 month.
Old 11-20-09, 04:23 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phiber
The Hankook's are directional. The only way you could flip them would be to have them dismounted and remounted - not worth the time, effort, cost, and chance of damage to the rims, IMO.
Old 11-20-09, 04:52 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 15951
The Hankook's are directional. The only way you could flip them would be to have them dismounted and remounted - not worth the time, effort, cost, and chance of damage to the rims, IMO.
Actually, from my calculation. On average people get about 20k miles on their tires. Wouldn't it make sense if I flip them at 15k then I am able to drive another 15k. The inside side wall is what kills us.
Old 12-08-09, 05:32 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I'm planning to put these on my Mercedes C300 Sport early next year (17 OEM staggered). Anybody else have some updates based on experience with these tires.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-09, 10:46 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone know how these tires stretch?
Old 12-21-09, 03:57 PM
aboss3
Driver

I've put up more than 10k on mine, and they got abused by the roads here in Hollywood, CA - especially after the rain with all the pot holes.... My old GoodYears got too many side bumps because of that, but the Hankooks are rolling strong!
Old 12-21-09, 04:41 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aboss3
I've put up more than 10k on mine, and they got abused by the roads here in Hollywood, CA - especially after the rain with all the pot holes.... My old GoodYears got too many side bumps because of that, but the Hankooks are rolling strong!
Thanks for the feedback, I'm planning to put these on my C300 in the spring.

What type of car are these on?
Old 12-21-09, 04:45 PM
aboss3
Driver

They're on 2006 IS 350.....I drive fast, and those handle excellent on high speeds, nice traction.
Old 04-20-10, 02:20 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to bring this topic back, but I'm planning on getting a set to replace my stock tires.
Also how long should I expect these to last for? 20,000 miles only? Should I look elsewhere if I want tire that will last for a while?
Old 04-20-10, 03:10 PM
aboss3
Driver

I've put on 15k miles on my tires already, and these tires rock!!! The only issue I have is after the rain (in so cal) I ran into a pot hole on the road which was really bad and got a small bump on the front tire. What would've blown out my previous Dunlops only gave me a small bump on the side. These tires were used and abused, and are still rock solid. Noise is very minimal and they grip like they're glued. Another good thing to consider is that the price is cheap, so if (and I put if because i've ran through thousands of pot holes) you get a bump - you can easily replace them vs spending $200+ for other brands.

Quick Reply: Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110