Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
View Poll Results: which rims would go better with a Silver GS
Zenetti vega, which are the first pictures I uploaded
53.33%
Diablo Burgini, Second picture I uploaded
46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Need peoples Opinions for these rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-02, 03:30 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DrRick
the problem is, how do you know what crap is?

Doc
Hang out on the wheel forum and listen to people that know what the f#ck they're talking about.
Old 05-09-02, 03:52 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he's just asking your opinion, no need to start pulling out all sorts of crap to throw at him. i assume there's a good chunk of us that don't have a budget close to some of the higher-ups here to afford lowenharts or real Weds. yeah, this does come from another poor guy with knock-off kranzes. sorry, but its the best i could do
Old 05-09-02, 04:52 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't start that "can't afford" crap around Manaray... you're driving a friggin' Lexus!

Can I interest you in a nice Daewoo Lanos, sir? A perfectly fine car, I'm sure...

Seriously, not an awful looking wheel, but gold bolts?
Tubbs, Crockett! To the Ferrari!

Anyway, if you do buy 'em, buy one or two extra for when you trash one on a pothole: more than likely, that particular wheel won't be manufactured in a year or two from now.

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 05-09-02 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-09-02, 05:23 PM
Murph
Pole Position

If you poke around on the wheels forum you'll find that there are some mid grade wheels that should suite your needs. You don't need to spend big bucks to get a decent wheel. It's all about value. Any wheel looks good when new. It's the materials and manufacturing quality that determines the true value. Take advantage of the wisdom already available to you from some very wheel astute CL members. Just search on the brand you're considering. You will be hard pressed to come up with one that hasn't been discussed. Another suggestion is to get 18 inch rather than 19 or 20. You can still get a nice wheel and keep the budget.

I hope this helps. Good luck in your quest.

Murph
Old 05-09-02, 06:20 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

SoCal, I think the Vegas come with a chrome bolt option as well, but it doesn't matter. They are one piece wheels imitating multipiece wheels.

bravo, he is asking for opinions and that's exactly what he's getting. I would rather hear everyone's TRUE thoughts on a certain wheel than to buy them, be stuck with them and have people put on a plastic face in front of me meanwhile they are shaking their heads behind my back. We aren't trashing the designs, he has good taste in wheels. If anything, we are trashing the wheel itself. If you don't care about all that, then buy them and wear them with pride. Just don't be pissed when someone calls your wheels out for knock-offs.

PS: WEDS aren't some $5000/set wheels. I believe they cost under $3000 for chrome dubs imported from Japan. Keep in mind wheels are a LUXURY item, so the sob story doesn't fly as a defense.
Old 05-09-02, 06:44 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

its clear that driving a lexus is great but it does not always mean that these drivers are loaded with cash to spare. thanks for the tip about real weds pricing lex400sc, didn't know that.
Old 05-09-02, 11:26 PM
enginyr
Banned

The way I like to think of it as.....Remember when you were growing up and your mom always tried to get you those imitation Payless Nike Air Jordans. She'd say "they look the same, Whats the difference?". Then 2 weeks later you come home with the whole shoe falling apart. Kinda the same thing.

I must admidt my ADR's weren't half bad for the 3 months I rolled on them.
Old 05-10-02, 12:46 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

lex400sc I just saw that movie the other night and I was cracking up. Remember the guy with the "O" face...LOL.

and yea knock-offs hurt peoples feelings around here. Prepare to get ripped if you hint you want some!...LOL
Old 05-10-02, 12:59 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Ok I wanna thank everyone for there comment, "rude or not" I have one more question that needs to be answered, are the zenetti's easier to scratch then the "real" things, are they just dipped and chrome and can chip like some very cheap rims i've seen in the past?

ShOwGS
Old 05-10-02, 01:11 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SandRock
lex400sc I just saw that movie the other night and I was cracking up. Remember the guy with the "O" face...LOL.

and yea knock-offs hurt peoples feelings around here. Prepare to get ripped if you hint you want some!...LOL
SandRock, me and my friends memorized that movie front to back. "Things go well I may be showin' her my O-face...Ohh, ohh, ohhh... You know what I'm talkin' about... Ohh!" That guy was great! "Take a ride on the old bone rollercoaster, wheeew!!" He reminds me of someone I knew in high school. I would have to say Milton "the squirrely-looking guy" was my favorite character, though it's sooo hard to choose one.
Old 05-10-02, 01:25 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by ShowGSLuVv
Ok I wanna thank everyone for there comment, "rude or not" I have one more question that needs to be answered, are the zenetti's easier to scratch then the "real" things, are they just dipped and chrome and can chip like some very cheap rims i've seen in the past?

ShOwGS
Well since you asked, my buddy has had chrome Zenetti Mystiks 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 on his GS400 for over a year and a half now and they haven't chipped, scratched, discolored, or cracked at all. He's taken the GS4 to 140mph on the freeway before and driven on crappy city streets (downtown San Francisco). Actually he has had one curb rashed by a stupid valet driver, but that was replaced by the restaurant for free. He now has a full-sized 19x8.5 spare tire in the trunk, the lucky bastard. Here's a pic of his GS on 19s, soon to be 20s. He's looking for a buyer for the 19s and tried to get me to take them. I must admit they are in good shape. I inspected them closely myself.

You can see the RMM exhaust and black painted calipers...
Attached Thumbnails Need peoples Opinions for these rims-riskinsgs4.jpg  
Old 05-10-02, 01:26 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Close up...
Attached Thumbnails Need peoples Opinions for these rims-riskencloseup.jpg  
Old 05-10-02, 04:17 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lex400sc - Hehehe...Milton...

I watched Office Space with a few buddies that never worked in an "corporate" environment and they just didn't get it...

The "always" screwed up printer thing was classic...we had a color printer/copier that ALWAYS dumped on us...I wanted to take out to the range and shoot it with a .50 BMG....
Old 05-10-02, 05:00 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Ah you're in Detroit ShowGSLuVv. Maybe try being different and buy some non-knockoff wheels. I have seen maybe one Gs in the area with quality wheels. Everyone rolls the zenetti's and Giovanna's, if I seen one of more Is300 with Koenig’s... I mean you have a Gs430, a $55,000 car and your looking to put knockoff wheels on it. I bought knockoff wheels without knowing any better, don't make the same mistake. If you are really looking at cost, look at what Carmen found with some research or ask around I am sure someone on this board can assist you in finding some decent wheels that will not break the bank. Hopefully you’re not like everyone else around here in Michigan, who go and lease a $55,000 car and at the end of the month they are tapped. I mean if you have the coin for the car, you should have the coin for some decent wheels. Nothing wrong with buying inexpensive wheels, you don't have to toss out 5k for HRE's. You bought a Lexus for it’s prestige and quality, do you think a knockoff wheel company has the quality or the integrity to match Lexus? If they had any integrity, they would have an original wheel design.
Old 05-10-02, 08:50 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

keep in mind fellas, if I did lay down alot of money for rims, then how would I be able to get the TV's in the back headrest... to me, having an extra 2 g's in my pocket means more to me then any name of wheel, IMO... if it looks nice and matchs my car well, people can say what they want, oh it's a knock off and this and that but ya know what..... if it doesn't crack or chip easier, it's the same thing

ShOwGS

Quick Reply: Need peoples Opinions for these rims