Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Just a couple of photos...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-02, 09:32 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by futuregs
that's wut being a wheel vendor is all about.
Any other pearls of wisdom, feel free to email me with.
Old 06-10-02, 09:58 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

um hello, that's a sarcastic face(put your mouse over it on the left and read what it says), not meant to insult anyone. My apologies if it did.
Old 06-10-02, 01:10 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, I'm kinda with Dennis on this one. Lot of people here are nothing but "big talkers"...they talk all this crap about how they're going to buy this or that but in reality, they can bearly afford their Lexus as it is...last time I check, Lexus was a Luxury car...you usually buy Luxury items when you can afford it...

...of course, the "ghetto" mentality is living beyond your means and you have to have a Lexus to give off the impression of being wealthy...wannabe pimpin'...you know, that sort of thing...

...they could have bought a Toyota...just a reliable...

...and they love to waste people's time by asking them all sorts of questions when they don't even have the money to buy....

....I too get questions all the time from people who want to know all sorts of specifics on a product (like the weight of wheels, all the offsets available, etc., etc...and they never end up buying it because they're broke...

Maybe we should start www.brokeasslexusowner.com so they all the broke *** Lexus owners can go there and waste each other's time and resources asking questions on products they're never buy...

You guys should see the DROP OUT rate on group buys and such...20 bull*****ters, and 3 actual buyers...

Yeah, it sounds a little harsh but WTF....it get's old when every other questions is "what's the cheapest", "I'm in if it's priced right", "I only have $1500 to spend on wheels and tires but I want Chrome Dubz!", etc. ,etc...

Getting a great price on quality item is one thing...paying too much for a particular product sucks, but when people want a $5000 item and they want to spend $1000, please, that's not realistic...
Old 06-10-02, 08:27 PM
Static911

Actually, I'm not with you on this one manaray.

You can't break the human mentality: to get the best deal possible. IE: The actress, Winsett or something like that, that got caught for shoplifting.

Actually, to see it from Wheel Kinetics Point-of-view, it would be quite good to get 5,000 price quotes. From these 5,000 price quotes, I say less than .01% will buy it. However, of the rest of the 4,995 contacts, you figure at least .01% will purchase another set of rims of equal cost or a lower price set of rims. Now, are those 10 sets of rims worth all the time involved in doing Q&A with each and every 5,000 person? Maybe not. If not, why? Now, WK has 5,000 contacts and knows exactly what kind of design they would like in order to promote a "sale".

I see this a positive effect for the wheel vendors. Now, to take the side of all ClubLexus members who are broke. I used to go window browsing through Fry's on a Saturday afternoon drooling over all the big screen TV's and "low quality, yet expensive" sound systems. I couldn't afford it back then (nor now), but I still bug the salesman with questions regarding quality, compatibility, temperature (I ask the weirdest and dumbest questions possible).

Now for those people that talk a lot, but no results. I fit that category.Fixing up a 1993 LS400

Did I ever fix up the LS? Nope. So am I talker? Yes. Did I make a fool out of myself? Yes.

People have dreams and aspirations of driving hooked-up Lexos. Squashing them by telling them they are only a dreamer 'cuz they don't have enough money is not nice. Offering alternatives rather than beating them down as "ricers" is probably the best way to communicate.

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 06-10-02 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-10-02, 10:36 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

You mean Winona Ryder? That's a disease...it's called "Kleptomania"....it's like "RICERS"...also a disease!

I do see your point about WK being able to use the data from all these pointless questions to figure what wheels are worth promoting...

As for the whole broke issue and you going to Fry's, that's a little different. At Fry's, you can go bug 100 different salesmen...with WK, I'm SURE Dennis has better things to do than to answer questions from people who are not even REMOTELY able to buy wheels...he could be on the phone with some jerkoff wasting his time when a REAL customer is on the other line...

That doesn't mean he should just concentrate on "selling units", but come on, a 0.01% sell through rate? That would be PATHETIC!

Now for those people that talk a lot, but no results. I fit that category....Did I ever fix up the LS? Nope. So am I talker? Yes. Did I make a fool out of myself? Yes.
Hehehe...I remember that post...yeah, you're a damn talker! But at least with you, you took on QUITE a project that required both you time and effort so the LS400 went by the wayside. If someone was talking about fixing up their car and they lost their job or something to that effect, that's a WHOLE 'nother story...I'm talking about these people that just want to ask questions just for the sake of wanting to ask questions. They know that they're not going to do anything, but the want to waste someone else's time anyways...

People have dreams and aspirations of driving hooked-up Lexos. Squashing them by telling them they are only a dreamer 'cuz they don't have enough money is not nice.
True, it may not be nice, but it's a damn reality check. I never said I was nice. I have NO sympathy for these type of people. I come from an EXTREMELY poor background. When I didn't have money, I didn't hang out at $20/drink bars, I didn't try to buy a car that I couldn't REALLY afford, etc., etc...I didn't fake it. I drove what I could comfortably afford (which at first was a used motorcycle I bought for like $500 THAT I EARNED ON MY OWN...you can imagine what a FINE ride that was...) I didn't put on "race" stickers or chrome the wheels to make it look like it was something it really wasn't. I just rode the damn thing and it got me from point A to point B. When it rained, guess what? I still had to ride....for close to 5 years I did that because I couldn't afford a car....

That's the problem with a lot of people now a days...they are SO DESPERATE to get what they can't afford, they'll do it in any jackass fashion they can JUST to pretend their "pimp" or something else they're not...if all you can afford is a '87 Honda Civic, then so be it. Don't try to put some 18" chrome wheels that you got from some junkjard from a crashed BMW 318 than you then took home and drilled out to get it to fit on your Honda...just drive the damn thing stock. There is NO SHAME in that...

I don't bust on people who don't have money. I've been there. I know what it's like. What I'm busting on people who don't have money but want to try to LOOK like they have money. Fakers. Poseurs. Wannabes. I didn't like them when I was a skater, I didn't like them when I was writer (tagger), I didn't like them when I was a biker (motorcycle), I don't like them now.

Offering alternatives rather than beating them down as "ricers" is probably the best way to communicate.
YOU of all people you know better than to say this to me...what the hell am I working on again?

Last edited by Manaray; 06-10-02 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-11-02, 12:01 AM
Static911

Actually, the last quote wasn't directed to you, but rather all the people who say to the new members, "DO A SEARCH". I kinda jumbled all my thoughts together.

Man, class was boring...try sit through a 4 hour class and try to do stuff for ClubLexus...lol...not good...

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 06-11-02 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-11-02, 12:01 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Ok, I appear to have opened Pandora's Box unwittingly...

I was simply making a joke. I don't mind talking to people/giving quotes at all. About the only thing that gets me is when people think I can make 5000 HREs 2500.

That said, if I ever meet you Manaray, ALL drinks are on me.

Last edited by Wheel Kinetics; 06-11-02 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-11-02, 12:20 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Static911
[B]Actually, the last quote wasn't directed to you, but rather all the people who say to the new members, "DO A SEARCH". I kinda jumbled all my thoughts together.

Man, class was boring...try sit through a 4 hour class and try to do stuff for ClubLexus...lol...not good...
[B]
Hehehe...you need to take a vacation before your head explodes!

Originally posted by Wheel Kinetics
Hehe...cool, thanks! But don't worry, I'm a cheap date...I don't drink much...so some Coke will do me just fine...

But how about getting me a set of 20" HRE 540R, gold plated for $2500?

Last edited by Manaray; 06-11-02 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-11-02, 03:41 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Originally posted by manaray

But how about getting me a set of 20" HRE 540R, gold plated for $2500?
How about just getting him ANY 20" HRE 540R!!!
Old 06-11-02, 04:32 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, whichever category I may fall into not withstanding.... any word on the quality of the Grosser wheels? I did several searches on the web after you posted the picture manaray, but I didn't come up with much, so... I must defer to your judgement
Old 06-12-02, 12:33 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Mumbles, nothing yet...

Zushwa...my 20" 543R's should be started tommorow...so figure about 3-4 weeks from there...maybe sooner...maybe later...
Old 06-12-02, 07:52 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Mumbles, nothing yet...

Zushwa...my 20" 543R's should be started tommorow...so figure about 3-4 weeks from there...maybe sooner...maybe later...
Old 06-13-02, 07:33 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Actually, I'm kinda with Dennis on this one. Lot of people here are nothing but "big talkers"...they talk all this crap about how they're going to buy this or that but in reality, they can bearly afford their Lexus as it is...last time I check, Lexus was a Luxury car...you usually buy Luxury items when you can afford it...

[snip]

Maybe we should start www.brokeasslexusowner.com so they all the broke *** Lexus owners can go there and waste each other's time and resources asking questions on products they're never buy...

You guys should see the DROP OUT rate on group buys and such...20 bull*****ters, and 3 actual buyers...

Yeah, it sounds a little harsh but WTF....it get's old when every other questions is "what's the cheapest", "I'm in if it's priced right", "I only have $1500 to spend on wheels and tires but I want Chrome Dubz!", etc. ,etc...

Getting a great price on quality item is one thing...paying too much for a particular product sucks, but when people want a $5000 item and they want to spend $1000, please, that's not realistic...
Oh my... :eek:

I came in late on this one but totally agree with manaray and since it's one of my pet peeves too couldn't resist adding my $0.02.

I've been in various businesses for a while and I'd love to know some of the conversion rates on both group buys and also things like the WDCToyota plea for help. If what I typically see on this forum holds true I'm think the rate is positively pathetic.

Now this might simply mean that the market for a given item, be it a high end wheel, body kit, brakes or performance mod is simply not there. But then why all this talk? The number of people who bull**** on this forum is amazing. But wait, they can "hook me up" or else they *just* had to feed their dog or something but... *really* next time they'll be up for it

Yah... I can hook you up with great sausages but well... err... my dog only "creates" them twice a day.

In the book "Guts" by Robert Lutz, a car guy you should all at least know about, he points out that when people are given a chance at a focus group to help design a new "small" car they start handing out their wish lists and all of a sudden you've got a midsize car with features that no one is willing to pay for. In my mind same effect here. I too have no sympathy for such people or their actions and would prefer to call a spade a spade otherwise in a passive way I condone their actions.

BTW: The book I mention is a great read. I'd work for Lutz any day of the week. Read it to see if you agree, if your willing to part with $18 from a major on-line book store.

pssst..... I hear they have used versions for $7

Hmmm.... reading this before I press that submit button this seems like a ramble but Manaray really had me laughing out loud as I read his post and I still believe in the basic premise of what I'm posting about. *shrug*
Old 06-13-02, 08:19 PM
Wheel Experts

Ok, I appear to have opened Pandora's Box unwittingly...

I was simply making a joke. I don't mind talking to people/giving quotes at all. About the only thing that gets me is when people think I can make 5000 HREs 2500.
You mean, you can't???

Can I come too? We should all meet up the SEMA show just for BSing purposes.
Old 06-13-02, 08:28 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don’t forget another type of people who have all this cash to spend and buy some sh|t with it. Arelli rims, underbody lighting, overdone body kits, loud and ****ty sounding audio systems etc. I would rather spend my time researching what is best for my car and then buy it. Most people can't afford to buy everything for their car at once anyway. Taking time, getting there, drooling over stuff...there is quite a bit of masochistic satisfaction in that

Also what right does anyone have to tell anyone what to buy and what to mod. That is not their problem, look other way.

Quick Reply: Just a couple of photos...