Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Just a couple of photos...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-02, 01:14 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I'm with JPA...I have MUCH more respect for people that drive Civics but own a home or whatnot. A buddy of mine is a Dental student and even though he has enough money to buy a Q45 (the last generation one...he really like it), he still drives his Accord around because he would rather have extra cash in the bank "just in case" until he's out of school and on his own...besides, he doesn't want door dings and we all know how "great" school parking lots are... ...

1Sick - I agree with you also...as for the ghetto thing, I think in this day and age with TV, the Internet, etc., etc., you can not POSSIBLY think the rest of the world is the same way as your 'hood.

As for the "heritage" portion of fixed up cars...I don't think that really matters. Anyone who really wants to do up their car right will do some research. I mean I still see BMW's and Mercedes with ghetto *** crap on it...I think it's more the person...

Some people are just CHEESEBALLS and some people just don't know because they are desperate to get something so they don't research...hopefully, like the Benz/BMW market, there will be more people who "do it right"...
Old 06-20-02, 11:38 AM
LexFather

I think we need to set up a sticky of Lexus DO's and Don'ts. TO educate the masses.
Old 06-20-02, 01:20 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I think we need to set up a sticky of Lexus DO's and Don'ts. TO educate the masses.
That's not a bad idea!!
Old 06-20-02, 02:36 PM
QTnaGS3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I must say this forum is definitely funny and informative!

Thanks for the info and the laughs
Old 06-20-02, 03:10 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by QTnaGS3

That's clublexus for you!!!
Old 06-20-02, 04:58 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by QTnaGS3

Yeah, I check out this thread thinking I might see pics of some nice wheels and I find not only that, but some interesting, deep philosopical conversation
Old 06-21-02, 03:53 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

A "do's and don'ts" sticky would be nice but you ALWAYS get those people who ABSOLUTELY HAVE to be against the grain for no go reason other than just be against the grain...

What these people don't understand is that there are a million ways to "do it right". People who defend cheap knock-off wheels and knock-off body kits and gay mods (like neon underbody lights, glowing emblems on the car, glowing tire valves, glowing squirters, etc...) are just fooling themselves...sure, some 14 year old raver might think your lights are cool (I would too if I was on e... ) but come on, really, it's stupid. Just admit it. (that is the first step to recovery!)

....the bottom line, If you don't have the proper budget to do it right, then don't do it until you do. This does NOT mean you have to spend crazy $$$$ to get "what's right". There are many good/quality/og items out there that aren't necessarily expensive...leaving your car STOCK instead of doing stupid mods is "doing it right". You don't have to mod your car to "be cool"... ...I know lots of cool people that drive stock Camrys and stock Jeeps and other stock cars...some even drive complete hoopties....

ALSO, think about the LEVEL of car you're modding. You're not modding a '89 Civic. You're not modding a Yugo. On those types of cars, $2000 on a body kit is stupid...$1000 is stupid! ($10 on a Yugo is stupid!) HOWEVER, we are NOT modding those cars, are we? We are modding what many people consider to be the #1 Luxury Cars. At worse, #3 (some people put Mercedes and BMW ahead of Lexus... )...seriously, don't you think it should be modded accordingly?

I mean would you buy a $10 million piece of land in Beverly Hills and then build a shack on top of it that would blend in with a typical Compton apartment building? Or would you build a tiny little 700 sq. ft two bedroom house on top it and then furnish it with stuff you found on the side of the road? (used couches, tables, etc.)? OF COURSE NOT! Well when you do ricer mods to your Lexus, you're doing basically the same thing....think about that...

Or maybe I'm just WAY out of touch...??
Old 06-22-02, 04:12 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

i agree with the consensus here of buying good things for our good cars. every day that goes by i regret not doing enough research before i bought the rims that most of you would "not like too much," that's a nice way to put it. after i kinda learned, i still bought the l-sportline kit because it was not hard to purchase. I'm not sure about quality and i know its popular because its cheap, but it isn't ricer cheap in my opinion. other kits are too agressive like WIN, IMC, and the Veilside front, while other nice ones like explosion and manaray's require the right contacts. but i am fully proud of my l-sportline exhaust because i had learned the ways by now and did not skimp. Wei told me he liked his l-sportline because it was made only for the GS, and that idea is working for me now.

this thread just gets longer and so do the posts
Old 06-25-02, 07:17 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

So now that everyone agrees that: "If you're gonna do it....Do it right"

Whats up with the wheels pictured on the first page?
I've had dealings with 'Carving'(GREAT wheels btw) but did not know of these wheels.
Looking for a set as a 'gift' to fit an E31 really soon,I think the mesh design would look good.....no/yeah??

Anywayz,Great find Manaray!!

~Em
Old 06-25-02, 01:07 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

No word on the 19's yet...18's are available from what I've gathered...pricing should be pretty good in Japan on these wheels...

Anyone interested in the first set? The GM2 (2-piece) is about $2200 in silver/high polish lip (18x9) and $2550 in chrome...I have a full page scan off the chrome one also...

Don't have exact pricing but I can imagine that I could have it shipped here for around 10% less than retail prices (but don't quote me)
Old 06-25-02, 05:46 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray

Anyone interested in the first set? The GM2 (2-piece) is about $2200 in silver/high polish lip (18x9) and $2550 in chrome...I have a full page scan off the chrome one also...
Yes I am interested. Please check my previous PM for the sizing details, and let me know if you need more info.
Old 06-25-02, 10:35 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Eric, I have put in a request for availability on GS sizes...and some prices...
Old 06-26-02, 04:58 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray
Hey Eric, I have put in a request for availability on GS sizes...and some prices...
Sounds good, I appreciate it!