Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I feel bad for those who

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-02, 04:41 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

grin, very true. You can have a sack of mad cash and have no taste. Maybe, maybe buy some style, but thats about it.

Even looking at pics on here, seeing a car with nice wheels, a pimped body kit from JP and lowered right, damn does it look hot. GS, LS, IS or SC, they are all SWEET when done right.
Old 07-11-02, 04:43 PM
LexFather

I agree. BMW, Benz, Nissan, Audi, etc, when done right, they look wonderful.

Oh, watch out for the new Altima's on 20s, I've seen 3 here with fake rims (1 had yours knocked off). It's the next craze...
Old 07-11-02, 05:29 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i gotta say, seeing any car done up right is rare these days. theres alot of really flashy cars/SUVs done up right in newport/costa mesa/laguna area....but thats where rich folk congregate. to see a nice lex or acura or SUV done up right in suburban irvine? good luck. i just pulled out of the ralphs shopping center and parked next to me was a black jetta lowered with leopard skin seat covers and a lowered integra with white wheels, white windshield wipers and white stickers. now thats style!
Old 07-11-02, 05:48 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah that’s style, for the Fast and Furious 2
Old 07-11-02, 06:27 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by mr who
sounds like you got a little road rage building up inside. lets get real, 5000 on a set of wheels? you gotta be pretty well off to go and burn that kind of hole in your wallet. even if i had that kinda cash i dont know that i could justify that purchase. i spent 3400 on wheels and tires and it took me over a month to finally drop that kind of coin. i agree, knock offs suck...but pushing 6g for a set of wheels...? *****, im starting to like knock offs
let's face it, if you wanna be bling-bling, you better have the cash to back it up. Why fake-bling? real bling = rapper-ish, fake bling = ghetto.

It's pretty ghetto to spend 2000 dollars on 20 inch chrome wheels with tires.

If I'm THAT rich I would get some forged magnesium wheels not some bling wheels but that's just me. My theory is, if you wanna bling then better have the cash to back up that style, or else it's just ghetto-fabulous.

knock-offs suck.
Old 07-11-02, 09:22 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys would make Manaray proud
Old 07-11-02, 11:00 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes they do! Hehehe...I'm a little teary eyed right now...
Old 07-11-02, 11:10 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what the fu*k is bling and how did that lame a*s word become part of my life. you want to spend 6 thousand dollars on rims so people think youre some kind of pimp, go right ahead. i have better things to spend 6g on

edit: btw, whats with the rapper=bling analogy? dude, turn off mtv for 5 minutes

Last edited by mr who; 07-11-02 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-12-02, 12:25 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mr who
what the fu*k is bling and how did that lame a*s word become part of my life.
i'm not quite sure what you're saying, but i hate the word "bling" and "DuBz" most of all. hate the words themselves and the style and image they portray. i agree that $6k is a lot to spend on rims for a car that tops out about $55k. I may one day get BR5's if i'm incredibly rich, but otherwise my max is $4k at best.

two punk-*** cars today, an eclipse spyder with nasty 17" chromes asked me to race. riiiight, in downtown, with cars all around. saw a '97 TL with 20" chromes and it too was ugly but the rims were WAY to big for the car. just tasteless. *****s sitting all low in their car with one hand strategically placed on the top of the steering wheel. some will never learn
Old 07-12-02, 08:36 AM
RacingAristo

Thumbs down

LD1 is a classic. I was going to get a set of it until I saw many faked one running on the street.
Old 07-12-02, 08:38 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Trying to make the day go by so I have been searching for wheels today and I think a seen a LD1 knockoff and the model of the wheel was LD1.
Old 07-12-02, 12:54 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

an LD1 knockoff actually called LD1? haha! bet lowenhart would love that.

i'm surprised at how generally loved these rims are.
Old 07-12-02, 01:28 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol I sold my knockoffs after I saw them on a new CLK. I was like "wtf is that guy thinking"!? I'ts a new CLK he could afford any kind of rims to it!
Old 07-12-02, 02:26 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Oasis LD1 $2400 wheels and tires, yeah LH should be pissed. These knock off corps really went to town on this design, everyone has a LD1 rip.

Yeah bran new CLK, I would rather take the AMG wheels off the shelf then buy knockoff's. Nothing wrong with the AMG logo.
Attached Thumbnails I feel bad for those who-oasisld1.jpg  

Last edited by jpa2400; 07-12-02 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-12-02, 06:54 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

katana spazio is also a knock off ld-1.even if its a knock off or not,these rims must be a top five on the played out list. sorry for those who have it, there nice and all, but too many people have them now.

Quick Reply: I feel bad for those who