Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I feel bad for those who

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-02, 08:14 PM
dt21823
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw an LS430 today with fake LD1s parked on the street as I was walking to happy hour. It had a big D on the center caps, whichever knockoff that is. The way the tires fit it almost had to be some bargain basement wheel and tire package. Spend enough time on this board and you get a whole different perspective on wheels and tires

Ray
Old 07-12-02, 08:49 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i almost passed out when i saw this BRAND NEW IS came back for its 1st oil change today at my dealerhip(where i work) with PEP-BOY Chromes....:eek: not sure if they are real fake alloys or just chrome covers.....why..why...i wanted to ask the owner....
Old 07-12-02, 11:25 PM
rsg
Pole Position

I think these people have no idea, they just buy the first thing that they think looks good, don't know about quality. Ooooo...shiny...
Old 07-12-02, 11:41 PM
LexFather

As i stated if they don't know any better, that is cool. I guess salespeople of rims don't care, they just sell whatever without informing the customer they are buying pro-wings.....

To me, some chrome looks really good on Lexus vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails I feel bad for those who-sc400.jpg  
Old 07-13-02, 02:09 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think it's worse here than alot of places; we don't have Benzes on knockoff rims, we've got rusted Cavaliers with fart tip exhaust, chrome hubcaps, and a mismatched door. :eek: Body kits with primer are also very popular around here, I wouldn't be seen driving around like that if you payed me. There's a guy with a relatively new BMW, 540 I think; the car is stock except for that horrible chrome trim on all the doors; I don't understand what would make anyone want to do that to a car; he'd get much, much more respect from me leaving it stock. Anything for attention I guess.

My ES isn't much compared to alot of cars, but IMO it's done tastefully, not overdone and looks nice. If I'm out on a Friday night, it's usually one of the nicer cars out there, most are either POS or total rice. There aren't many hooked up luxury cars around here, and I don't think I've seen one done well. I saw a GS430 on 20's a couple weeks ago, when he stopped at the light I was dissapointed to see they were ugly-a$$ Lexani's or Niches, I know I've seen the wheels before, one of the ghetto brands. I guess alot of people don't know better, so it's not totally their fault; but like Sick said, money don't buy taste.
Old 07-13-02, 02:24 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hehehe...ya see what I mean? I saw a brand new S500 today...black/black..looked sweet...looked like he had a set of Lorsiners LM1's on there...but something didn't look right...the center cap's color didn't quite match...so I went for a closer look...sure enough...KNOCK OFFs with a real Lorinser center cap. (I could tell cuz it was a 1-piece wheel with fake bolts)...

Hehehe...I thought to myself...$80 car...and this what this JACKASS buys...fake wheels and obviously knew it cuz he bought real centercaps...or someone REALLY ripped him off...

I'm glad to see so many people recognizing this now...now I think people understand when I say knock-offs are CHEEZY. Once you start to learn and understand the "mod" market, you start to see the light...now imagine what it's like to see this crap on Lexus cars (or any other Luxury Cars) when you've been into it import "modding" for nearly a DECADE...

I guess the saying is true...ignorance is bliss...

(now that people that KNOWINGLY do it...they're just cheezy wannabes....like people who front fake gold Rolexes...same type of folks...)
Old 07-14-02, 02:11 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
As i stated if they don't know any better, that is cool. I guess salespeople of rims don't care, they just sell whatever without informing the customer they are buying pro-wings.....

To me, some chrome looks really good on Lexus vehicles.
don't know about those...cshflw's got the barlettas too and that's way off the charts for my tastes. and i mean waaaay off.

i'm with you kyle, all ghetto rims: lexani, niche, most giovanna, neeper, and arrelli. i mean, c'mon!! what the hell!!??