Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Lowenhart LD5's, Zauber gettins, or L SPortlines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-02, 08:38 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ag,

it happened to you..wtf:eek: man can't these guts handle rare jdm wheels?....next time i should bring them in as a wheel+tyre pkg...but then i am afraid of ups mess them up during shippment...

1. wheel repair will not weaken the structure if you had the repalce the outter rim by an experienced shop..putting the wheel back together requires good technique...

2. not sure what the damege is, but most likely they will send it too place like wheelamerica and fix the scratch/bent...my main concern is the final finish/clearcoating...LA's wheel america's manager told me they will do their best to match the original polish/chrome and clearcoating..BUT, it will NEVER be the same as jdm ones..

i will get you prices next week..btw, the ctr rings will be here by ~friday...
Old 08-11-02, 09:10 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sup.

It would be an easy repair but he wrote me a receipt saying that they will reimburse me for the cost of a new wheel...so what the hey. I'm hoping they don't need the old one. They took a little hunk out of a tire but it was on its way back to tire rack.

Can new outers be ordered from Zauber like HRE? That would be sweet.

Late.
Old 08-11-02, 09:28 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ryan,

getting the outter is not a problem..BUT, do you knwo of a good shop who can put the wheel back to factory spec for you....
Old 08-12-02, 01:23 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by AgGS400
Only thing I know of happening is screwing up of Gettins.

Discount Tire took a hunk out of the lip of mine. They did offer to buy me a new one. They kind of wanted to repair it but I've had them for a couple weeks and I don't want them repaired already.

1) Does repairing the wheel weaken it?

2) What do you think they will do with the old wheel?

William, can you pm me the current price for 1 19x8.5 +43 HD?

Late.

Ryan

Tiny...let's start a Zauber mafia and control who gets em and where. Maybe godfather Manaray can help. LOL.
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear these installers are FUKIN' IDIOTS!!!!!!(excuse my french)
It took my participation in the mounting of each and every tire to assure this would NOT happen!!! I realize this is not an option for everyone, because Im personal friends with the manager of the NTB where I did the install.......but you should be able to rest assured that it will be done perfectly!!!!!!!!
With all that goes into budgeting, shopping, sourcing, choosing sizes, and ultimately purchasing nice JDM wheels I am in shock at how often this happens...... I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS RYAN>>> Its absolutely unexcuseable as well.....I know it does not help much after the fact, but WheelsAmerica
(www.fixrim.com) is AWESOME at lip repair like your in need of.....They have eight locations in the US and one id right there in Houston! You will not even know there was a scar....
Or, you could get a third +43 high disc at Discounts expense, and use it as your apre. That way, wether you got a front or rear flat, you would have a spare that could be used even with "big brakes"......
I swear worrying about my lips getting scarred will make me use my S03's until the thread is showing....hahahaha I dread going through the tire mounting process again....
Hey EM???? Sweet pic if I do say so myself...hahahahahahah
Who besides Ryan has had recent issues with the Gettins?
NO MORE GETTINS IN TEXAS....That includes you too Peter(Wheel Experts) hahahahahahah Unless you are gonna cut me a killer deal on the 20" Gettin', mount the tires for me with a guarantee that I dont have to but them if the lips are scarred, and let me drive to Houston to inspect and mount them myself.......How does that sound??? J/K!

Last edited by tinygs; 08-12-02 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-12-02, 09:51 AM
Wheel Experts

Don't worry guys, my set will be out the door soon and something new will take its place...coming soon to an internet forum near you

Old 08-12-02, 05:34 PM
GOT PSI?
Driver School Candidate

Imo, the LSportline Model 1 Evo are the sweetest rollers. The chrome is like the Lowenhart "super cyrstal" finish. I had a chance to look at them closely at a local shop. The Model 4 wheel made by Work, but surprisingly, the Model 4 (3pc) are made in the US, not in Japan.
Old 08-13-02, 10:18 AM
Wheel Experts

The Model I evo is made by work.