Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Rims and tires packages

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-02, 06:15 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rims and tires packages

Hi everyone! I was just wondering does anyone have any good hook ups on rims and tires packages?

My stock tires are wearing out so I'm finally deciding to go get a whole new set of rims and tires. I've been having vibration problems with these Yokohama A540 tires so please no recommendations on Yokos!

Anyways, I'm looking for something 18" X 8"-8.5",225/45/18, (maybe 19s" if the price is near my max limit) mainly a 5 spoke design with lips, chrome, and finally, around ~$1580. Yes I know that's demanding too much for such a cheap price, but I'm not going to spend too much to get it jacked! Oh yeah...also clean and NOT HOT! Thanks for any help!

John
JL

P.S. What do you all think of these? HP SHADOW?
P.P.S. Notice the time 4:16 am, central...I'm still surfing for friggin rims! ughhh!!!

Last edited by RacingLuxury; 05-24-07 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-31-02, 04:41 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

John, I had to go to your profile to see that you had a 2nd gen GS3, and I also see that your a single father. Most folks here will tell you that if money is tight, just save a little longer rather than get something of lesser quality. The quote you will hear used most often is "You drive a Lexus, treat it like a Lexus and don't put some crappy knockoff wheel on it". There is some merit to that way of thinking, but you know your situation best.
There are several vendors that frequent CL, Wheel Experts, Wheel Kinetics, and one of the members, gs4will is well reknowed for his ability to get most Japanese market wheels, and also for going the extra mile to please the customer. Here is a link to a site that has most of the wheels available for our cars; Permaisuri, just click on products and scroll through the list at the left. Be warned, you can expect to pay much more that what you listed as your budget. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-31-02, 08:19 PM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Talking Thanks..

Hey Eric, thanks for the info man...I'm going to go search some more before I decide on something. I really don't like to just subsitute something else for what I REALLY want! So, yeah, I'm going to wait for a little longer. Thanks again! Take care!

John
Old 08-31-02, 08:53 PM
liazon
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

i 2nd that motion. my research for my recent wheel/tire upgrade showed that cheaper wheels simply don't last. they chip, and easily bend. also, if your patient, there are plenty of opportunities on preowned wheel/tire packages from people w/ plenty of money who just want soemthing new...basically, you can get a good deal on them if you just keep looking.

of course, i recommend the wheels/tires i bought at discounttire.com.
also, keep in mind that an upgrade to an 18" wheel makes the gap between the top of the wheel and the fender look pretty ridiculous...thus, you then need to get aftermarket shocks/springs. the pic is after that upgrade as well.
Attached Thumbnails Rims and tires packages-afterltuned.jpg  

Last edited by liazon; 08-31-02 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-01-02, 04:29 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Thanks Liazon for the info. I'm patient, but being patient also makes me tend to use my money on other useless stuffs! Hehhehe But I'm going to have to do that since I don't trust, and don't like to buy used stuffs. Somehow I just don't feel like it's really mine b/c it was owned by someone else. So, I'm just going to have to follow the quote, "Good things comes to those who wait!" and they should have added...and "save!" hehehe...but thanks again!

John JL
Old 09-02-02, 10:17 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mumbles
John, I had to go to your profile to see that you had a 2nd gen GS3, and I also see that your a single father. Most folks here will tell you that if money is tight, just save a little longer rather than get something of lesser quality. The quote you will hear used most often is "You drive a Lexus, treat it like a Lexus and don't put some crappy knockoff wheel on it". There is some merit to that way of thinking, but you know your situation best.
There are several vendors that frequent CL, Wheel Experts, Wheel Kinetics, and one of the members, gs4will is well reknowed for his ability to get most Japanese market wheels, and also for going the extra mile to please the customer. Here is a link to a site that has most of the wheels available for our cars; Permaisuri, just click on products and scroll through the list at the left. Be warned, you can expect to pay much more that what you listed as your budget. Good luck with your search.
Cool! "Permaisuri" is located here in Jakarta, Indonesia, and I actually know the owner's son personally. Very nice folks, very tasty rims, and they produce some CRAZY rides.

By the way, Permaisuri means princess in Indonesian, cool eh?
Old 09-03-02, 05:37 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Originally posted by jtanoyo1

Cool! "Permaisuri" is located here in Jakarta, Indonesia, and I actually know the owner's son personally. Very nice folks, very tasty rims, and they produce some CRAZY rides.

Hmmm..so, would it be better as far as price wise, if we I ordered something from them through you?

John JL
Old 09-03-02, 11:13 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Thanks..

Originally posted by RacingLuxury
Hey Eric, thanks for the info man...I'm going to go search some more before I decide on something. I really don't like to just subsitute something else for what I REALLY want! So, yeah, I'm going to wait for a little longer. Thanks again! Take care!

John
Not a problem John. I've had my GS for almost a year, and am still searching for the right rim. Also, if you find a couple you are interested in, hop over to the photoshop forum and there are always a few folks there that will "photochop" the wheels onto a pic of your car, just so you can get a better idea of how it will look.
Old 09-03-02, 11:14 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jtanoyo1

Very cool! You learn something new every day Thanks jtanoyo!
Old 09-03-02, 09:05 PM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: Thanks..

Originally posted by mumbles

Not a problem John. I've had my GS for almost a year, and am still searching for the right rim. Also, if you find a couple you are interested in, hop over to the photoshop forum and there are always a few folks there that will "photochop" the wheels onto a pic of your car, just so you can get a better idea of how it will look.

"Photochop" whoa...pretty cool and very considerate people we have here at the club! I'm going to go rim surfing now! Thanks again Eric! Thanks everyone!

John JL
Old 09-03-02, 09:44 PM
Static911

And if you wait some more, you might just own a free set of 19"s from the next ClubLexus raffle.

Ethan