Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

How much you guys pay for the GETTIN

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-02, 06:11 PM
Wheel Experts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by gs4will
no no, Peter...i was referring to few shops here in cali and other places that i heard...i would not be surprised if your business has excellent review with the BBB, better bussiness bureau.....

why would i send clients your way in the past... ....
I wasn't directing that at you, I was letting everyone else know
Old 09-16-02, 12:20 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Peter check my Brembo thread I just started.. Need your help!
Thanks dude!

Will,

How much would it cost for additional Work valve stems and/or centre caps for the 19" Eurolines you got me??
Just PM me when you get a chance!
Thanks buddy!
Old 09-17-02, 01:12 AM
4HunDo
Driver School Candidate

Default Gettin the Gettin's

I'll let you guys know how the 245/40/19 275/35/19 feel. I'm with that set up. As soon as my Gettins get here. Sorry boys, but it's time for some of those to hit the Cali's GS's.
Old 09-17-02, 01:20 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know, for some unexplained reason texans love deep lips on their rims.... esp the gettins...:eek:
Old 09-17-02, 03:11 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

4HUNDO, what part of cali are ya from? anxiously awaiting mine...
Old 09-17-02, 12:15 PM
JPritch
Rookie

Oh really, from who and in what city??
I can verify that this guy's friend w/ the TL most likely got them for that price. There is a guy on the TL boards who has been getting Zauber Gettins' for members. Actually, for a while they were 1900 for 19" polished shipped, and 2039 for 19" chrome shipped. Prices have gone up slightly due to exchange rates in recent months.

The guy is located in Hawaii and gets 'em straight from Japan, excellent guy to work with from what I hear.
Old 09-17-02, 01:18 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

static911/ethan asked me to write an article for the wheel forum, but i guess i will shae some thoughts here first:

on jdm items, esp aero/body kits and wheels, US pricing canvary few hundred $$ on the same exact items....what constitute the difference? simple really....how the importer decides to bring in the good for the perspective clients....

ie: one 20' ocean cargo will host ~30-25 sets of wheels, cost, ~$800-1000 per container. to do so, the importer would need to wait several months for both the incoming order to finalize and production in japan to take place. like typical mfg process in japan, wheel makers use JIT(just in time) system..."most" of the time wheels are been made after the order is placed....plus, since there are hundreds, if not thousands of wheel style, finish, sizes and offsets...it is almost impossible to stock every single one.

as Din mentioned, his buddy waited for ~5 months....

or, airfreight from japan to LA, ~$500/set including import duty and fees....most of time, when a client or buyer already handed over ~$2-3k, even several weeks of wait time seemed eternity....

BOTTOMLINE: for those who are shopping for some new shoes/wheels for your beloved Lexus, make sure you are comparing apples to apples in terms of goods and services, and ask for references before you open your wallet....just my $0.01....

william

Last edited by GS4Will; 09-17-02 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-17-02, 05:12 PM
4HunDo
Driver School Candidate

Default sf bay area

do-luck was asking... where you from?
Old 09-17-02, 08:51 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gs4will
static911/ethan asked me to write an article for the wheel forum, but i guess i will shae some thoughts here first:

on jdm items, esp aero/body kits and wheels, US pricing canvary few hundred $$ on the same exact items....what constitute the difference? simple really....how the importer decides to bring in the good for the perspective clients....

ie: one 20' ocean cargo will host ~30-25 sets of wheels, cost, ~$800-1000 per container. to do so, the importer would need to wait several months for both the incoming order to finalize and production in japan to take place. like typical mfg process in japan, wheel makers use JIT(just in time) system..."most" of the time wheels are been made after the order is placed....plus, since there are hundreds, if not thousands of wheel style, finish, sizes and offsets...it is almost impossible to stock every single one.

as Din mentioned, his buddy waited for ~5 months....

or, airfreight from japan to LA, ~$500/set including import duty and fees....most of time, when a client or buyer already handed over ~$2-3k, even several weeks of wait time seemed eternity....

BOTTOMLINE: for those who are shopping for some new shoes/wheels for your beloved Lexus, make sure you are comparing apples to apples in terms of goods and services, and ask for references before you open your wallet....just my $0.01....

william
Dam' good point.... I cant speak for all CL members, but Ive yet to meet a CL member who(after all of the hard research/decision making involved) is willing to wait 4-5 months for wheels to arrive by "slow boat"...
(Wait a sec., I did that once and GOT SCREWED!!! Boycott GTA forever!!!)

All things considered those prices that the Acura guys got is excellent though.....

Last edited by tinygs; 09-17-02 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-17-02, 09:06 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i don't know how i can wait 5 months. jeez, 3 weeks and it's already killing me... if you wait 5 months, you might find some other rim to your liking. just pay the extra and get it fast.
Old 09-18-02, 01:56 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

tiny..

thanks

and you thought you paid for the air-freight treatment, correct?
till this day, i still do not know what gta was thinking...he could have made something hugh for himself had he practice honest business activity everyday, not just whenever he felt like it....

do-luck, be pateint, spend more time with your gf and your gettins will be here shortly..
just make sure that you know how to get to my place to pick up the Gettins when they arrive thru ameican air

Last edited by GS4Will; 09-18-02 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-18-02, 03:37 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

HAHA, that's a good one will. i got lost twice since i've been there. maybe i shouldn't have sold my navigation system...

But don't worry about the time frame. I'm just very very anxious. Rolling on stock 16's is a bit embarrassing.
Old 09-18-02, 03:41 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

ok then...i know what you mean, got used to driving larger tyres; and now, still getting used to the stock 16s for now
Old 09-19-02, 03:38 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

JPritch,

Do have the guy's name that can get the gettin's for that price? I live in HI and I know most of the respectable rim guys here. Just wondering..... BTW GS4WILL is the only person I would order Ichiban shoes from!!!!
Old 09-19-02, 03:46 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

hey hudini....

how's life over at hawaii...you speak japanese too...hehehe

Quick Reply: How much you guys pay for the GETTIN