Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

lorinser wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-02, 11:38 PM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lorinser wheels

hey guys! in town there is a small car dealer that has 4 lorinser rims with tires for sale. they are used but are in excellent condition, with no scratches or curb marks. they are on consignment for $1800 and im sure i could get them for $1500 they are chrome 18by8 up front and 18by9 in back i believe they are called the d-93 model but im not sure. i checked some prices and it looks like these wheels rtail for more than $800 each without tires. so it looks like a stael, however ythe guy has no idea what offset they are or what the bolt pattern is. i took a look and it looks like there are a couple of different lug hole patterns. unfortunatly i dont know whether these will fit my 1992 sc300
i was wondering if any of you guys know whether they will fit, i have been told "probably not" from the car dealer, but again he said himself he is not very knowledgeable. if they dont fit, do you think it would be wise to buy them and try to sell them for more (i dont know what these are really worth used and with tires)?
any info would be great,,,, thanx...furby
Old 10-05-02, 12:00 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Moved...

I'm 99% sure, the bolt patterns are going to be different, but here are the wheel guys to help you out further...
Old 10-05-02, 01:29 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

furby..

good price, but will not fit..(98% sure)....unless the wheels were made specifically for japanese cars...and also the offset for benz is completely different to that of lexus
Old 10-05-02, 02:08 AM
Wheel Experts

actually....

Most D93s have an offset of either 44 or 38, in either case it would work. Also, a lot of the D93s were drilled 10 hole multi 5:112/114.3 when they entered the country, so it is possible, but you would need to check and see if the two holes patterns are actually different. It is very close, so basically take 2 holes that are next to each other, and measure the distance between the hole and the center hole. If they are 2mm apart, then you're in business (after a 60.1 hunbcentering ring, that is).
Old 10-05-02, 03:17 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

thanks peter.

it is good to know that some german wheels actually have 9 holes to accomodate more cars
Old 10-05-02, 04:33 AM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

wow thanks for all that great info!!! man i love CL!!! now i am really getting excited, but i dont want to count my chickens yet. could you please tell me what tool i can use to measure in mm? what a great deal if only they fit!
furby
Old 10-05-02, 04:36 AM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

oops, also could i just have them mounted on the car, or is drivability not the main issue? what i mean is, even if they fit physically isnt there a chance that they could still be the wrong fitment? ...furby
Old 10-05-02, 04:46 AM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

when i checked the back of the wheels, i noticed what looked to be 10 or so lug holes, is this the model that has both fitments?
Old 10-05-02, 02:00 PM
Wheel Experts

could be, but it'as not 100% guaranteed. Like I said earlier, measure it with a ruler.
Old 10-06-02, 04:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you really going to put a set of Mercedes-Benz tuner wheels on your Lexus? For a little more money, you could get some nice JDM wheels...ones made to fit your car...there are also some good deals in the Classified...

Take Gene's DazzMatiz wheels for $2200...and those are 19's.
Old 10-06-02, 11:54 AM
Wheel Experts

Originally posted by Manaray
Are you really going to put a set of Mercedes-Benz tuner wheels on your Lexus? For a little more money, you could get some nice JDM wheels...ones made to fit your car...there are also some good deals in the Classified...

Take Gene's DazzMatiz wheels for $2200...and those are 19's.
I would most definitely have to agree with manaray on this one....Gene's Dazz are a hot setup on the old SCs, and the sizes & offsets are perfect. The D93 is a really old style.
Old 10-06-02, 02:08 PM
big bad furby
Driver School Candidate

well i saw these rims on a gs400 and they looked really clean, and another reason is because i think i can get them for around $1500, and new they are close to $800 each. but like i said, im pretty new to these luxury items, so i can understand where you guys are coming from! unfortunately like most i am on a budget, and i just thought that lorinser was a good brand for wheesl (even if it is primarily a benz tuner)
thanx guys for the imput.....furby
Old 10-11-02, 04:28 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The D93 is an old design, sort of the originator of the "dish" style. It was actually an update of the "O.G." Lorinser dish, the RS90.
They are old, but at least they're heavy

When I worked at CEC (Lorinser's US importer), we would occasionally dual-drill the D93 with 5x120 (BMW) bolt pattern OR 5x114.3 (Lexus, Infiniti, etc.), so watch for that.

You'll need the 60.1mm hub-centering adapter rings to make the wheels hub-centric. I thing CEC still has these, they are plastic and feature a metal snap-ring to hold the rings in the wheels' pilot hole.

All of the cast Lorinser stuff is made by Ronal- that goes for AC Schnitzer, Brabus, and others, too... a good wheel (as far as cast wheels go), but nothing really spectacular- about as nice as TSW, MOMO in terms of quality.
Old 10-12-02, 01:21 AM
Wheel Experts

Originally posted by SoCalSC4

When I worked at CEC (Lorinser's US importer)
You worked there too? I know J-dub did, but yoiu also? He didn't mention that when he was here and we were discussing Claus and the past over dinner
Old 10-15-02, 03:13 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, J-Dub hired me at CEC, then when he left to go to HRE, I received a call about six months later- things were picking up at HRE, he needed a sharp technical/sales guy... the rest is history.

I started with HRE in December '98- coming up on my 4th year here. I now earn twice as much as I did at CEC... and have a ton more fun here at HRE!

Many industry 'greats' came out of CEC: James Chen (owns a little company Axis Wheels, drives a Ferrari 360 Modena... you've heard of him, eh?) is a former CEC'er, as are Jim Dunphy and Andreas Bellgardt at Brabus, Rick Kasper @ Davin Wheels, James Hickerson at Eibach... the list continues!

Quick Reply: lorinser wheels