Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

yeah.......WTF!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-02, 06:32 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: yeah.......WTF!!!!!

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
you couldnt pay me to drive this thing around.what were they thinking?
coupled with the limo tint that car is destined to have, i'll drive unseen for money!
Old 10-06-02, 09:02 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some player for the Cards around here has those wheels but in black. They look like total *** in person.
Old 10-06-02, 09:36 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by APLUS
Hey guys I own Jones Brothers Wheel and Tyre and I sold a set of those to a guy with a black EXT and he has the black inserts, and the wheels look sweet. When the truck is moving the wheel really doesn't spin, but when the truck stops they begin to spin. I appreciate anyone who enjoys cars as much as I do and I will never knock anybody for doing anything to their car.
What looks good to them might not look good to you and vice a versa.
Spinning wheels where designed to be the ultimate attraction getter for a car, and whether you like them or not that is what the get. Just look at this thread my mans truck is all over the web.
Also you got to be able to respect someone who spins $10-$13,000 on wheels and tyres for their ride.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........................rescept him for spending alot of money on crap?................................wrong......
Old 10-08-02, 10:32 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

The guy w/ the Escalade is from Nebraska. He said he dished out $19,000!!! Oh yeah, 22 TV's! :eek:
Old 10-08-02, 11:16 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys totally took it the wrong way. I guess I should have clarified myself. What I was tryin to say is the for a person to try to custom his car whether it is a civic or hummer I give them the respect of doing something different. I love going to car shows whether it is HIN, or Autorama just to see the wicked ***** people do with cars. I know they are just wheels and I know you can get other wheels that cost about the same, but to see them or 22in. HRE is some sweet ***** to see. Personnaly would I get them? Hell NO to hard to balance and to delicate. If I had a Truck that could take those rims I would buy 23in. Laced Wheels model name Hang Time.

Yes I work for SBC Ameritech in the I.T. department as a Computer Systems Analyst (in school to be DBA)

Yes I own Jones Brothers Wheel and Tyre (direct to you drop ship at the lowest possible cost.) I registered with the City of Detroit in 1999 to receive my tax I.D. number. this enables you to buy wholesale (from Wholesale Wheel and Tyre) I do not have a building and that is why you can't find me. I deliver as you order (to keep overhead down)
For the other Tyre guy I will even share some info that might help you. If you already know just ignore. Try to line up a foreign wholesaler that will dropship you wheels. (I have one in Toronto) You won't have to pay tax or shipping and your money will go further (which = bigger profit) Foreign companies (atleast this one) are allowed to purchase directly from the factory unlike us we go to a wholesaler. If a American company charges $100.00 a tyre the Canadian guy also charges $100.00 (cd) a tyre. Do the conversion. Are money is worth a $1.60 over there.
Old 10-09-02, 11:26 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

personally i like the look, now hear me out, ive seen those rims in person and with the black it looks weird. esp up close, i found it interesting that someone had the idea to paint the black of the rim the same color of the car. yea up close it looks a little funny and almost like a hubcap, but ohwell, when the car moves the rims look sick. i would prob have bought the other all chrome spinning rims, but whatever, i dont have $10-20,000 to spend on rims.
haha to tag along with all u's mocking him, since u all said u wouldnt be caught driving that thing even if u got paid to, he prob does get paid to drive around in something like that, thats how he pays for the rims.
Old 10-15-02, 11:09 PM
legendary
Racer

yes, I saw that truck at the NOPI show...he is a rapper from Nebraska....all of the cars/trucks in his section had various different spinning wheels, those aren't hubcaps. Bentleys, Blackwoods, Burbans, etc.

Definitely not my taste...but to each his own. That is what sets apart top notch class to just the "mom always told me not to say anything if I have nothing nice to say category".

Definitely not my taste.....but oh well...guess he wanted something to win...lol

And I don't think its a BET thing only....there were some folks from other 'groups' with some fugly things too.
Old 10-17-02, 05:47 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bad taste knows no color boundries...