Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Continental, Bridgestone, or Hankooks

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 08:28 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
What you are asking for is a crapshoot, to say the least... My last RE050's, in 285/30-19s seemingly lasted forever and wore perfectly...

No matter what tire you put on there, some combination of driving style and alignment can cause the tires to wear unevenly on the inside edges - this is why we rotate tires to start... Unfortunately, nothing can be done in your situation, save rotating the tires side to side to at least get them to spin different directions, which will help, and is also why I try not to recommend directional tires in staggered fitments... directional tires have to come off the wheels to rotate side to side...

edit: I'm convinced it has to do with alignment, or lack thereof, but can't pin it down to anything specific, as I've seen cars that have their alignments perfect, yet still have irregular wear...
My alignment is excellent. I just got FIGS rear toe endlinks and those made my toe go to zero both rear and front. The only thing is camber. It's at -3.5 at the rears and -3.0 at the fronts. Your right, i think i am asking for too much about tirewear. I think I'm gonna go with the Continentals DW, since I never liked the Bridgestones. The only tires are good from Bridgestone would be the Turanza but those are touring tires. I heard alot of mix reviews on the Potenzas. Plus the Bridgestones are heavier than the Continentals. I know there is gonna be a tire debate after this but I'll try out the Continentals after I wear out my Hankooks, which is gonna be a while since I dont drive much. Thanks all for responding.